CJohn

F9: The Fast Saga | June 25, 2021 | Pray to your Dom Shrine! | Coming to Cannes!

The theater appears to be going back to my customary mid-afternoon show times, so I was able to get a $4:30PM

Charlize Theron 😂😂...Theron, Theron Theron 😂...one of the great villain actors, man OR woman, of this era 😂...there's a new #1 2021 villain, unseating Sub-Zero 😂

Cena was promoted as the villain of this movie, but Theron was obviously not gonna be overshadowed 😂! There's actually three villains in the movie, and Theron outshines the other two 😂! Cena is actually the THIRD best villain in the movie, below the CEO guy! However, both Cena and the CEO are made pawns and usefull idiots to Theron 😂!

At the end, her plan was thwarted, and she just...nonchalantly walks away like, oh well, on to the next plan 😂! The amazing thing about is that I felt the movie didn't do ENOUGH with an actor of Theron's caliber, she was in a support role. It STILL didnt stop her from overshadowing the other two villains, that got the lions share of screen time 😂!

2021 Villain List Update, through late June:

#1 Charlize Theron's Cipher (Fast 9)

Runner Up-Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat 2021)

3. Apex Cybernetics CEO Walter Simmons (Godzilla vs Kong)

4. MechaGodzilla (Godzilla vs Kong)

...I also felt that there was some shots taken at The Rock 😂. They even had a "Laws of Physics" joke, making fun of themselves. I enjoyed it for what it was, 8/10. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2021 at 5:56 PM, CoolioD1 said:

I liked it better than 7 and 8 so hail Justin Lin I guess?? Even the soapy family drama didn't bore me like it did in the last few films. Pretty good.

honestly despite Furious 7 being the highest rated and highest grossing of the series I can’t recall much about it other than the Paul Walker tribute at the end 

• Like 2

Dont get me wrong, Cate Blanchett did a phenomenal job as Hela in Thor 3. But I had wanted Charlize Theron 😂! Oh, the suffering she would have bestowed upon Asgard 😂! Audience would have been so happy to see her crushed under Surtur's sword 😂

Maybe Marvel wasn't in her price range. It could also be that, she's one of those actors that still looks down on comicbook movies, despite them attracting more upper echelon actors, with the box office dominance. She did "Hancock" with Will Smith, but that was before her rise. 

3 hours ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Dont get me wrong, Cate Blanchett did a phenomenal job as Hela in Thor 3. But I had wanted Charlize Theron 😂! Oh, the suffering she would have bestowed upon Asgard 😂! Audience would have been so happy to see her crushed under Surtur's sword 😂

Maybe Marvel wasn't in her price range. It could also be that, she's one of those actors that still looks down on comicbook movies, despite them attracting more upper echelon actors, with the box office dominance. She did "Hancock" with Will Smith, but that was before her rise. 

Hancock was not before her rise. At all. 

Plus, didn't she star in a horrible comic book movie? And she's been a villain for 4 years in the Fast&Furious franchise...yeah, no. I doubt she gives a hoot if it's a superhero movie or not.

Having re-watched the whole series beforehand, this one has the exact problem they've all had since 6: They're too long and I'm always zoning out during the last 30-40 minutes after the really cool second act set-piece that's ultimately the best part.

There's also Too Much Toretto, another Macguffin I couldn't even tell you the name of, and the Great Returhan being pretty blah. On the other hand, I actually enjoyed the running Tyrese invincible bit. Is it better than Fate and H&S? I guess so if only because Lin has a better feel for the characters. 

It'll definitely continue my long F&F tradition of the next time I watch it, I'll remember absolutely NOTHING that happened. 

This was a borderline fantasy film, and I loved almost every second of it. The comic relief characters ride a car with rockets duct taped onto it (built by the Tokyo Drift blokes no less) to space. Two different vehicles that Dom is in crash violently and end up barrel rolling a bunch of times and yet he survives without any injuries to speak of. Hell, he even straight up jumps out of one during the third act. And don't even get me started on the magnets, which are powerful enough to attract dozens of cars and even some electrical wires.

Whatever form Fast 10 ends up taking (the current plan seems to be an Avengers-like two part event), it's easily among my most anticipated movies of the near future.

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

FLOPS!!!!!!

Honestly, I’m glad, I hope he does another Hobbs & Shaw instead, I preferred the knowingly stupid tone of H&S over the ludicrously self important tone of the last few F&F movies. Vin Diesel thinking he’s making some epic “saga” is getting tired.

• Knock It Off 1

It’d be nice to have everyone back for the finale but I’m not upset if Hobbs doesn’t come back either. He’s great in 5-7 but by the 8th film and especially in Hobbs & Shaw he was just playing himself. Bringing that same The Rock™️ energy that clashes hard with the sincerity of the series. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1