Gopher

Wednesday #s: Eight Fresh Releases This Weekend and Fantastic Four Edition

The Wednesday number is still pretty close to what RotPotA did.

RotPotA jumped 87% on Friday though. I doubt MI5 can manage such jump. But even if it jumps 60%, it will do 25M+ for the weekend, which would be good enough.

giving it 4.5 on Thu, and 70.5% Fri bump (Rise was 87 and Ant Man was 54...70.5 is right in the middle),

7.65 + 10.32(+35%) + 7.74(-25%) = 25.71

53-54% drop

could drop 55%+ owing to F4

It's only 6 days so far but MI:RN tracking is almost identical to Ant-Man through the first 6 days. Ant-Man had bigger previews but their weekend numbers even by day were almost the same. MI had a slightly larger Monday due to the Canada holiday but the increases and drops have been quite close. Have to see if stronger WOM kicks in this weekend.

AM/MI  

22.6/20.3

19.4/19.6

15.1/15.5

6.4/6.7

7.8/7.2

5.1/5.1

Minions will fall behind IO's gross on Friday and then cross 300M on either Saturday or Sunday. Minion's 5th weekend may come in below IO's 6th weekend.

• Like 2

Aardman makes a good amount of money from commercials and licensing. Their profits fell in 2013, but I haven't heard anything bad about them since.

Laika has a steady revenue stream from commercials, and Travis Knight has that Nike money. So both of them are able to stay afloat even if their movies don't set the world on fire.

And these films' budgets are low enough that they don't take a bath. I can't find Shaun's budget anywhere.

I guess Shaun is a FLOP. Oh well. :wacko:

It did well in the UK, and the budget is probably well below $50 million, so it'll make a small profit in the end. 

With that OD it's probably doing like 5m for the 5 day. :ph34r:

Shaun isn't going to be remotely frontloaded... it could definitely rebound over the weekend and do $9-10 million over the 5 day  :lol: it's not doomsday quite yet. 

$5-6 million 5 day may be very likely, but I'm thinking most parents don't even know it's out yet. My guess is $7-7.5 million for the 5 day. 

Edited by mahnamahna

It's only 6 days so far but MI:RN tracking is almost identical to Ant-Man through the first 6 days. Ant-Man had bigger previews but their weekend numbers even by day were almost the same. MI had a slightly larger Monday due to the Canada holiday but the increases and drops have been quite close. Have to see if stronger WOM kicks in this weekend.

AM/MI

22.6/20.3

19.4/19.6

15.1/15.5

6.4/6.7

7.8/7.2

5.1/5.1

Minions will fall behind IO's gross on Friday and then cross 300M on either Saturday or Sunday. Minion's 5th weekend may come in below IO's 6th weekend.

MI5 will have bigger LD boost so I'd say 10m higher tally expected. 175m is a good target. 600m OS looking likely so it's easily the highest grossing entry of the franchise WW. Pretty impressive global tally without 3D.

MI:RN has a solid chance to repeat IF it turns out to be a weekend film & FF tanks like it's looking likely to do. 

Those $46m OW predicts from last week will surely be dialed way back. Enough for MI:RN to repeat---could be interesting to watch!!

• Like 1