grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

1 hour ago, efialtes76 said:

http://youtu.be/y0vuLi3B4jM

8:23 and 12:41

Thanks for that video. Why was this on some obscure channel? I'm sure there's even more, seems to have been some interview junket...

Cameron explicitely said they will also continue with John's story. Interesting. And Arnold is confirmed to be a T-800. But most importantly, he's saying it'll be gritty, grim, and yes, R-Rated, similar in tone to the first two movies. Also, the whole story takes place in 36 hours.

Edited by Elessar

I thought the trailer was OK, not bad. The music choice sucked though and the cgi is a mess, the weightlessness and all (but they have a lot of time to work on that). Linda Hamilton looks badass and that plane sequence looks cool. The terminator himself looks bland, but I guess that is the point. But he doesnt exude the coolness that Arnold's did or the menace that Robert Patrick's' terminator did. 

• Like 1

T1 - My favorite in the franchise was a niche movie. By the Time T2 opened, Arnold was the biggest superstar in hollywood. Plus it was one of the biggest budgeted movie at that time(over 100m almost 3 decades ago) and broke out during the summer. I think they delayed T3 too much plus JC was not involved and Arnie was no longer the superstar he was, it still did good in a summer that had many breakouts (Mummy returns to Rush Hour 2).

Now in comic book era, I don’t see anything that is special about a Terminator movie. We have had multiple movies set in dystopian future as well. This lacks star power as well to make it successful.

That said this movie seems to be made for China. So hopefully it makes bank over there.

• Like 2

I swear if they've completely cut John Connor out of the franchise and replaced him, I'll never forgive Cameron. 

You can't have him as the whole vocal point for 35 years and cut him out. And where the fuck was the Terminator theme?

Trailer looked meh by the way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MOVIEGUY said:

Ugh, I'm so sick of these slow, shitty, whisper-y cover songs in movie trailers. JUST USE THE BJORK SONG IT WOULD SOUND A MILLION TIMES COOLER. 

Or there’s a pretty decent Terminator theme they could have included 

9 hours ago, TMP said:

Why does the guy playing the bad Terminator look like a fucking dweeb?

Why is Mackenzie Davis's character a copy of Sam Woodington's from Terminator Salvation?

Why is there some really bad looking CGI set piece from the F&F franchise in this?

Why does the plot appear to be about going back in time to save someone yet again?

Looking forward to all the "Dark Fate" puns when this gets bad reviews.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 3

It is a decent trailer. I really want this to succeed for the sake of the franchise and Paramount. I have confidence in Tim Miller to deliver and also James is in the project. So, I have high hopes for this.

9 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

It’s definitely going to appeal to SJWs

K

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

I can’t believe some of you people are falling for the 4th Terminator sebootquel in a row.

Something is wrong.

Yeah, it looks better than Genisys but that ain't saying much. Pretty crazy they keep making these despite failure after failure. 

This looks nothing like Genisys. The cinematography looks different, the effects look better, it's clearly treating itself more more seriously and the acting looks far less hammy. The trailer is solid but I don't trust this franchise. It's going to need good reviews.

• Like 3