grim22

MIB International | June 14 2019 | F Gary Gray directing | Hemsworth, Ferguson, Neeson, Thompson and Thompson

2 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

If this turns out even half decent I wonder why the studio gave up on it? Cause of Liam Neeson? I mean the marketing has been almost nonexistent.

I've actually seen plenty of commercials including a car tie in featuring Chris and Tessa. But let's face it: this was never going to overcome the hurdle of no Will Smith.

• Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

If this turns out even half decent I wonder why the studio gave up on it? Cause of Liam Neeson? I mean the marketing has been almost nonexistent.

Played quite a bit during the big basketball game yesterday, even had a special featuring the broadcast commentators and nba players.

yeah I've seen tons of advertising for this.  They even had one making sure you knew Hemworth was Thor as they made a hammer joke and other Thor references to make it almost seem like this was linked to the MCU :P 

I would never surprised if this ended with positive reviews. This doesn’t look awful, but it doesn’t feel like MiB. The marketing lacks any sense of quirkiness. It lacks the Barry Sonenfeld charm.

The last film from the writing team behind this was Transformers 5. Before that, Punisher 2 and Iron Man, which was famously being rewritten on set by Downy and Favreau.

17 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I would never surprised if this ended with positive reviews. This doesn’t look awful, but it doesn’t feel like MiB. The marketing lacks any sense of quirkiness. It lacks the Barry Sonenfeld charm.

The last film from the writing team behind this was Transformers 5. Before that, Punisher 2 and Iron Man, which was famously being rewritten on set by Downy and Favreau.

Really makes you think how badly that film could have turned out without Favreau and RDJ.

Review from Reddit:

Just saw it in an advanced screening.

Extremely predictable to the bones. The narration is extremely clumsy, to the point the film opens with a Flashback set 3 years ago, to then immediately show you another one set 20 years ago. Lots of plot holes, with one happening just before the third act that is just baffling. Rebecca Ferguson and Kumail Nunjiani were absolute scene stealers though

54 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Review from Reddit:

The way this movie opens really is pretty baffling, and I agree with the dumb as bricks plot. I'll also had that I thought most of the dialogue and performances were really... off, off to the point that I thought that there'd be some huge twist explaining it but nope. Hemsworth and Thompson are both remarkably charismatic people, but there's very few scenes in this where they come off like real people.

I think the best way to describe the sort of thought that went into this is: there are two separate shots of the Marrakesh market and the filmmakers made sure to have "MARRAKESH" text on the screen for both.

Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

The way this movie opens really is pretty baffling, and I agree with the dumb as bricks plot. I'll also had that I thought most of the dialogue and performances were really... off, off to the point that I thought that there'd be some huge twist explaining it but nope. Hemsworth and Thompson are both remarkably charismatic people, but there's very few scenes in this where they come off like real people.

Could you dm me the twist?