Fancyarcher

Weekend Thread | Estimates: AQP 50M, RP1 25M, CKBLK 21.4M, BP 8.4M,

1 minute ago, MikeQ said:

It is oddly annoying to me sometimes, because at times I want to know who he is quoting and the original context of the quoted post (and the post it was responding to, etc), but I can't use the arrow to go back to the original post (which may have been pages and pages ago) because it isn't quoted properly. #FirstWorldProblems

Peace,

Mike

Love u mike

All the best,

Jimbo

I know this doesn't even need to be said, but yeah A QUIET PLACE is going to be huge. My Thursday preview screening at 7:05 was almost 100% full. We're talking from the very front row all the way to the back, with only a few random single seats renaining. This one teen couple actually sat on the stairs lol.

That B+ Cinemascore for AQP is somewhat shocking to me given the glowing reviews and the unique and entertaining premise and execution of the film. I'm guessing the lower than expected score is related to one particular event late in the film. Even with that, I would have thought an A- score was the absolute floor. This may be one of those times when a film has better legs than the Cinemascore would suggest.

24 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

That B+ Cinemascore for AQP is somewhat shocking to me given the glowing reviews and the unique and entertaining premise and execution of the film. I'm guessing the lower than expected score is related to one particular event late in the film. Even with that, I would have thought an A- score was the absolute floor. This may be one of those times when a film has better legs than the Cinemascore would suggest.

Horror films usually tend to have wider ranges for Cinemascores. If I recall, IT got a B+ so this will bode just fine for legs.

• Like 1

– Late Night Update: ‘A Quiet Place’ Still Noisy With $47M+ Opening; ‘Blockers’ Eyes $19M+

Friday 11:42PM: Chart to follow, extended writethru of midday Paramount’s horror-thriller A Quiet Place is shocking many inside and outside Paramount. While there was some fantastic buzz coming out of SXSW with a 100% Rotten Tomatoes score, there was a feeling that the movie would do well, but no one anticipated a $47M+ debut of this size for this net-budgeted $17M title. Tracking had this genre title sitting in the low-to-mid $20Ms and just yesterday, many jumped their average forecast for this John Krasinski-directed-and-written title to low $30Ms.

6 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I was being so quiet in A Quiet Place I didn’t finish my Maltesers. 

Same with my Peanut butter MM's

too bad I was one of the only people in the theatre being quiet