Eric Duncan

Venom: Let There Be Carnage l October 1 2021 | NOT getting delayed

11 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Honestly, most of the comedy went over my head as a kid. I didn't see it as much more than a supernatural adventure movie until I was in my late teens/early 20s... at least. But that's just me. :lol:

Same here. Not until I was in my 20's did I rewatch it and discover it was a comedy. Until then its legacy was a supernatural adventure with humor in it. This movie is capitalizing on the nostalgia and adventure of it all. Also, based on the last trailer, there's clearly going to be plenty of comedy. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SnokesLegs said:

It’ll be interesting to see what they do with it in the UK, that date would be suicide for it with Bond opening on September 30th.

Yeah that's what I came here to ask. Is there any word on what they're doing with this internationally, so that it doesn't open the same week as Bond?

Fucking dumbass Sony. Why not just move it back up to September 24? 

4 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Would only get 6 days of IMAX and other formats if it opens on the 24th.

Even if it went the week after on October 8th, it’d be unlikely to get IMAX, Bond usually holds onto the premium formats in the UK for a minimum of 3 to 4 weeks due to the popularity, they’d be mad to ditch it after a week for Venom. I doubt anything gets IMAX until at least Dune in the UK.

1 minute ago, Menor said:

24th would be a better date but I guess they want to give a bit more time for the marketing campaign. Still I'm sort of glad they chose October 1 so Shang-Chi can still have 4 weekends to itself. 

call me optimistic but i can see shang chi pull legs ala free guy both dom and os (not the same but ...you get my point) anyways we shall see

Edited by john2000

28 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I wonder if this movie will be well reviewed

I think it'll be better received than the first one but I don't see it getting to fresh on the tomatometer.

I'm feeling somewhere in the 40% range critics on RT. Would love to be wrong, but idk, Venom is just too stupid of a character to make a legitimately good movie, especially the route Sony had taken with the character.

I think it'll do well with audiences tho like the first one. It looks fun

• Like 1