Borobudur

The Suicide Squad Weekend Thread: 26.6M Opening Weekend, 35M OS | Jungle Cruise 15.7 (-55%), Old 4.1 (-40%), Widow 4 (-38%), Stillwater 2.9 (-45%)

1 minute ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

B+ ain't a bad score for a film like this. It's way more gory and violent than the deadpool movies.

-Even the humour is more crude compared to deadpool's stylish quips.

This movie is even disgusting at parts like brief moments of nudity and rats may cause discomfort.

Love this movie but it's no where near as audience friendly as the deadpool movies.

Those using BOP and MK as comps should note that these started and ended low on imdb . TSS is at a 7.8 with 25k+ votes. Will probably settle in low to mid to low 7 range compared to BOP and MK's   6.

Logan had an A- and joker also got a B+.

The difference with Logan and Joker is that those two were going for a broader audience beyond CBM fans. A B+ for something like Joker is in line with other blockbuster adult dramas over the past decade (IE Gone Girl's B or Revenant's B+). The Suicide Squad hits most of the usual CBM beats and feels like an edgier, less sympathetic Guardians.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

I will respectfully disagree. I legit think this film despite mild box office results will have excellent word of mouth because it’s easily a better film than any of the Deadpool’s films, and I love those, even the second one. And those never got a B+ Cinemascore, iirc. The reasons why a scenario with low box office turn out + DC hardcores attending the movie theaters more than a more general crowd is obvious, and the why is as petty as why it was review bombed on RT in the first place.

I fully understand that sometimes as I fangirl, I don't quite comprehend what drives fanboy's behavior, but... I don't quite get why DC hardcores will attend the movie and then bomb the reviews?  If you're hardcore, you generally are a fan; and if not, why are you going to a theater anyway when you can just sit home, watch it on HBO Max, and then complain at home?!

I also will respectfully disagree, cause I thought the Deadpool series were far more tonal consistent and focused compared to this film.  And I wasn't that big a fan of either of DP or DPII  (Though made props to Ashes.  Great song).  

And again, to sound like a broken record, but if I was going to see this film for Harley, I would be giving it a B+/C!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I just think it’s annoying that DC movies keep getting B+ scores, while garbage like Space Jam 2 gets an A-. I’m not optimistic about what the Cinemascore rating for The Batman will look like. Matt Reeves doesn’t have a good track record with that. 

Without COVID being that much of a thing and more people back in theaters, I’m confident that as long as the film doesn’t suck it will get a good score. Expect the usual non sense of "not-my-Batman" and etc.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

last 2 DCEU movies keep breaking records? largest drop from a sequel on ow ?

WW 84  in normal times would have opened bigger on OW than the first installment.

TSS wouldn't have matched the first one.

both sequels were in the pandemic

Like i said earlier, B+ for Rated R movies are good, so honestly i don't understand the doom and gloom.

I understand that it isn't a "dark tone" CMB movie but still is aiming older audiences which doesn't give A for everything. 

Reception online on social media etc also seems pretty great too.

• Like 1

CinemaScore is the most pointless thing ever IMO. Never makes any sense to me. 

Anecdotal evidence but TSS seems to be having good walk ups! My theater was packed, even though presales indicated there would be tons of seats left 

11 minutes ago, El Gato said:

CinemaScore is the most pointless thing ever IMO. Never makes any sense to me. 

Anecdotal evidence but TSS seems to be having good walk ups! My theater was packed, even though presales indicated there would be tons of seats left 

its about audience expectation in some cases , and useful for horror films with b or higher being great and A being masterpiece for the genre

Can't just WB wake up? This isn't working, their most-promising offering from them in 2021 now all stuck within this range of 20-30+ opening number. Just give a chance to theatrical exclusive for Dune instead of stubbornly follow your blanket one model fit all approach. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

its about audience expectation in some cases , and useful for horror films with b or higher being great and A being masterpiece for the genre

It's useful for Marvel movies too, less than A usually means it's not great.

But for DC is all over the place. Man of Steel and Aquaman both have A- and just one of them have amazing legs. Joker and TSS have B+ just like Josstice League, which was truly hated.

Edited by ThomasNicole

50 minutes ago, Cap said:

I don't quite get why DC hardcores will attend the movie and then bomb the reviews?  If you're hardcore, you generally are a fan; and if not, why are you going to a theater anyway

Because they are crazy, and at this point there is no need to explain about the horrible snyder crowd.

Also, you always saying you are a fangirl card it doesn't make you more right.

I couldn't care less about ThE cInemaScORe, just proving that you are wrong on this part.

OT: not only is this movie much better than Deadpool, but the latter is obviously much more childish (i wouldn't think this is debatable)

Edited by Lighthouse
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cap said:

I fully understand that sometimes as I fangirl, I don't quite comprehend what drives fanboy's behavior, but... I don't quite get why DC hardcores will attend the movie and then bomb the reviews?  If you're hardcore, you generally are a fan; and if not, why are you going to a theater anyway when you can just sit home, watch it on HBO Max, and then complain at home?!

I also will respectfully disagree, cause I thought the Deadpool series were far more tonal consistent and focused compared to this film.  And I wasn't that big a fan of either of DP or DPII  (Though made props to Ashes.  Great song).  

And again, to sound like a broken record, but if I was going to see this film for Harley, I would be giving it a B+/C!

Because there are DC fans are acting like a Trump's cult, their idol are personal based instead of branding based . They don't follow GOP , they follow trump. If GOP did something against Trump, the cult will come out bashing GoP and protect Trump. In this case, DC is that GOP, and Synder is the "Trump"   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

31 minutes ago, CoolK said:

So who is review-bombing TSS exactly?

Fans of the Snyder Verse who want Ayers director cut released, because that part of the fandom has been stuck in 2016 for the past half decade. First RT was rigged because they got bad reviews, but now with Shazam Aquaman and the new Squad getting raves it's rigged to give DC good reviews 

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 7
  • Knock It Off 1