Cap

Eternals Weekend Thread: 71M OW DOM, 90M OS | Dune 7.6M (-50%), NTTD 6.2M, Venom 4.5M, Spencer 2.1M

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

No way. Gucci would be way bigger than PS for Spidey. 

I am mostly joking, Gucci Clifford resident evil and even kind Richard should all be ahead.   

But the month looks bleak, NWH ps are the most exciting thing left in it I would say

Edited by Eternal Legion

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Those THU age demos had me worried but this looks fine.

53% under 25 is solid result. Guess THU night younglings dont come out.

Also LOL @Valonqar telling me repeatedly how female will line up for Eternals since its a love story 😛

And maybe women don't go Thu evening so much since similar male-female ratio movement happened to Dune too from previews to Sat demos?

11 minutes ago, Eternal Legion said:

Wom has been worse than I thought with that B. Pretty baffling. 

Plus look at saturday increase for Bond or Dune. Why would Eternals increase that much more. I dont think families are back in droves like pre pandemic. That will take a while. Not even for Spidey you will see pre pandemic levels. 

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Not exactly. Not a marquee UFC fight, the undercard had nothing and the main event was a foregone conclusion.

the co-main event was good though. I thought Zhang Weili won rounds 1 - 3, but one of the judges decided to be blind.

but ya I think impact to movies isn’t much even though there were two title fights

Sorry to be off topic.

Edited by TigerPaw

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Plus look at saturday increase for Bond or Dune. Why would Eternals increase that much more. I dont think families are back in droves like pre pandemic. That will take a while. Not even for Spidey you will see pre pandemic levels. 

Bond had Columbus to be fair and looking at Spectre, it's Sat increase was well below Doctor Strange for example. So you would expect an MCU movie to have a bigger bump with other things being equal

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Dune sat bump was pretty good. Bond little meh sure but not too bad.

16 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Those THU age demos had me worried but this looks fine.

53% under 25 is solid result. Guess THU night younglings dont come out.

Also LOL @Valonqar telling me repeatedly how female will line up for Eternals since its a love story 😛

Ahh, maybe that’s why it underperformed compared to its tracking, they didn’t show up in the end lol

Just saw an ad for Ghostbusters in which the demon dog from the first movie is back - is this just going to be nostalgia fanwank? OS audiences, where Ghostbusters nostalgia doesn't exist for the most part, might not end up being on board if that's the case.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Just saw an ad for Ghostbusters in which the demon dog from the first movie is back - is this just going to be nostalgia fanwank? OS audiences, where Ghostbusters nostalgia doesn't exist for the most part, might not end up being on board if that's the case.

Well, if it's in the same exact universe, and part of the plot involves letting out the old ghosts (I don't know that it does, but let's suppose), wouldn't you have to see the ghosts from the 1st movie b/c those are the ones trapped?  And I don't think ghosts age b/c they are dead or dead-ish, so they'd still look pretty much the same, too, right? (Here, I admit my supernatural ju ju knowledge is a little subpar)...

TL/DR - It can be both nostalgia and kinda an important plot point for the ghosts (at least some of them) to be the same...

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Remain uncertain if even domestically this makes a dent after the bad taste left by 2016's Answer the Call.

Just now, filmnerdjamie said:

Remain uncertain if even domestically this makes a dent after the bad taste left by 2016's Answer the Call.

It's the issue a lot of franchises face when they make the movie "audiences wanted to see" after making a movie audiences rejected the first time. Like without Genisys existing, Dark Fate would have actually been a big event.

• Like 2

As one of the tracking team guys, you guys are in for a rude awakening regarding Ghostbusters. Sales are already really strong out of the gate and indicate at the very least an opening on par with the last Ghostbusters movie.

We all like to mock nostalgia-wanking, but it's the only thing that sells these days and you all know it.

• Like 7