filmlover

90th Academy Awards nominations

34 minutes ago, MrPink said:

For people who hate the Oscars:

Reveal hidden contents

This guy made the best game ever, he can say whatever the smeg he wants.

38 minutes ago, Mrwick said:

I think when someone gets snubbed due to a few attention seekers with a twitter account, it deserves bringing up

No, it doesn’t. Take this to a different thread. Please.

Edited by Eevin

I love how Darkest Hour and Oldman’s started as the “for sure” nom, then they both lost traction, then both had a point where we questioned if they’d even get a nom, then Oldman surged back as the frontrunner and Darkest Hour got a nod anyways.

The process went full circle.

The only thing I got is that the Academy voters must really hate Michael Stuhlbarg...

Guy stars in 3 best picture nominees. 3 acting snubs. :whosad:

(Glad for Get Out reaping noms in major categories, one full year after its amazing break through. Don't expect it to win any awards but that's an accomplishment in itself for a slasher horror movie nobody ever saw coming).

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dashrendar44 said:

The only thing I got is that the Academy voters must really hate Michael Stuhlbarg...

Guy is in 3 best picture noms. 3 acting snubs. :whosad:

(Glad for Get Out reaping noms in major categories, one full year after its amazing break through. Don't expect it to win any awards but that's an accomplishment in itself for a slasher horror movie nobody ever saw coming).

Michael Stuhlbarg is great in everything but after seeing CMBYN it really surprised me he was ever really in the Oscar conversation for it. A very nice performance, but he's literally in the background the entire movie until that lovely monologue near the end.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Michael Stuhlbarg is great in everything but after seeing CMBYN it really surprised me he was ever really in the Oscar conversation for it. A very nice performance, but he's literally in the background the entire movie until that lovely monologue near the end.

Agree here, but honestly, I really enjoyed his performance in Shape of Water, even more so than Jenkins especially if there was a bit more time dedicated to his storyline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

No major snubs bar Franco and no major surprises in the noms, the kind of boring awards season continues.

Uh, what? There were plenty of surprises:

Phantom Thread and Darkest Hour overperformed

I, Tonya underperformed

McDonagh missed Director

Hunter missed Supporting Actress

The Greatest Showman only got one nomination

DENZEL

Both sound categories shared the same nominees, which NEVER happens