Eric Prime

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

42 minutes ago, Barnack said:

This look really counter intuitive.

One side say stay at home (i.e. stay inside home unless necessary action to be made) but at the same time beach, parks, book-music store, golf course are opening:

https://www.latimes.com/projects/california-coronavirus-cases-tracking-outbreak/reopening-across-counties/

I agree. Nothing is going to stop people from traveling to counties that opening.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

This look really counter intuitive.

One side say stay at home (i.e. stay inside home unless necessary action to be made) but at the same time beach, parks, book-music store, golf course are opening:

https://www.latimes.com/projects/california-coronavirus-cases-tracking-outbreak/reopening-across-counties/

The moment theaters start to reopen, people will be there, trust me 

2 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

No they won't. The vast majority won't be there as soon they open.

If you think otherwise is a pipe dream.

we'll see but people said the same thing about beaches...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

No they won't. The vast majority won't be there as soon they open.

If you think otherwise is a pipe dream.

Look at everyone already protesting the lockdowns, even when there ARE government regulations about going out. Imagine how many more people are going to be fine with going out once they get the "all clear"

• Like 2

10 hours ago, excel1 said:

we'll see but people said the same thing about beaches...

I'm sure I don't need to tell you how a beach differs from a movie theater. :)

Yeah, some will still turn up to the latter but 'some' isn't good enough for Tenet.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

NATO is lobbying to get cinemas opened early in NY. Wouldn't be surprised if NATO, WB, and Disney do the same in LA where they likely have more influence too.

Yup. Anyway back to where we were before with this clarification:

• Like 4

On 5/12/2020 at 5:11 PM, DAJK said:

Look at everyone already protesting the lockdowns, even when there ARE government regulations about going out. Imagine how many more people are going to be fine with going out once they get the "all clear"

I have to agree, I work at Lowe's the place has been PACKED ever since the stay at home order was in places. my sister's bf said the day Marshel's reopened (we are in Phase 1 here) there were lines to the back of the store. I don't see theaters being any different.

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Kalo said:

I have to agree, I work at Lowe's the place has been PACKED ever since the stay at home order was in places. my sister's bf said the day Marshel's reopened (we are in Phase 1 here) there were lines to the back of the store. I don't see theaters being any different.

Whatever happens, I think the idea of opening this in July is gonna be high risk high reward for WB. Tenet is either gonna bomb HARD in this date, or it's gonna be a giant zeitgeist movie

• Like 2

Gah! Can't wait! This is going to turn out to be an event under the circumstances. 

Also, forgetting actually being able to go to the movies again, I'm really, really looking forward to tracking and following the box office again. How I've missed it!

Edited by JB33
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

Whatever happens, I think the idea of opening this in July is gonna be high risk high reward for WB. Tenet is either gonna bomb HARD in this date, or it's gonna be a giant zeitgeist movie

Or it - obviously I hope not but that's the risk if governments reopen too early before the number of new cases really drops low enough like it has in most countries reopening to date - contributes to that second wave...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, antovolk said:

Or it - obviously I hope not but that's the risk if governments reopen too early before the number of new cases really drops low enough like it has in most countries reopening to date - contributes to that second wave...

Yeah that is a possibility. but based on other countries if they hold off until beginning of July, the trajectory should start going down drastically by then ( I pray and hope). in some places in the US there are already promising signs. 

Maybe this is just a personal feeling, but I do believe too much stock is being put in polls. Then a stay at home order gets struck down and bars are flooded by people. Yes, cinemas will not be at the top of people's priority list, but if you've been cooped up inside and you want to go out, socialize, feel like your life is back to normal, going to the movies is part of that... And I do think far more people feel like that than polls let on. 

If a lot of restrictions are lifted through late June, then by mid-July, if cinemas are open, I think a not insignificant number of people will be comfortable going. If cinemas are not allowed to open at all, that's a different matter, of course - I just think the willingness of people to go to the movies is a bit underestimated. 

• Like 3

- I just think the willingness of people to go to the movies is a bit underestimated.

I agree but at the same time I don't think theater attendance will ever come back to the levels of pre-COVID19 era, even after a vaccine.  (probably like 20% or 30% decline in attendance overall )

we will have a better picture after a vaccine is available and we start seeing way less 1 billion dollar grossers than we used to.

Edited by RealLyre

9 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

I agree but at the same time I don't think theater attendance will ever come back to the levels of pre-COVID19 era, even after a vaccine.  (probably like 20% or 30% decline in attendance overall )

we will have a better picture after a vaccine is available and we start seeing way less 1 billion dollar grossers than we used to.

Eh, theaters have survived far worse. I doubt we're going to see any long-term effects espescially if everything else that involved a lot of people together (restaurants, bars, concerts, sports games) doesn't drop in attendance. 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2