Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

Should have done this for Unhinged, Tom!  @CoolioD1

Been there, done that.  He's already worked with Russell.  Tom is looking for a role in a Nolan film.  

Probably no one has told him that Nolan doesn't use the internet so he'll never see this.

• Haha 1

I feel the movie is gonna be really divisive. WB needed a crowd pleasing movie, but it looks like Tenet makes people's heads hurt. Why they didn't move it to next year (and get a good OW) is still a mystery. This will not have good legs imo.

Wondering what they'll do with WW84. From the leaks, that one doesn't sound as good as the first movie. Could be a problem

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1

Was it deadline who reckoned it would need to do $5 million in the U.K. from Weds-Sun if it had a hope of crossing $30 million OW international? 

It will blow past that. Wouldn’t be surprised if it did $2-3 million today (opening day). Just a quick browse around my area and the pre-sales today, and specifically tonight, are looking very good. 

Edited by wildphantom
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

Was it deadline who reckoned it would need to do $5 million in the U.K. from Weds-Sun if it had a hope of crossing $30 million OW international? 

It will blow past that. Wouldn’t be surprised if it did $2-3 million today (opening day). Just a quick browse around my area and the pre-sales today, and specifically tonight, are looking very good. 

Not to be a negative Nancy, but outside evening IMAX showings it’s very quiet around me. Taking a look at my nearest Cineworld and the regular 2D showings are still ghost towns tonight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

55 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Not to be a negative Nancy, but outside evening IMAX showings it’s very quiet around me. Taking a look at my nearest Cineworld and the regular 2D showings are still ghost towns tonight.

Even the 5pm and up regular shows? They’re very busy where I am. 

Edited by wildphantom

A report for the major cinema chain in my city 4pm+ (one screening already happend at 2pm).

1994 seats

(60%ish available) so 1198 seats.

Seats sold atm: 498 = 41.6% walk ups will drive it above 50% I am sure, maybe around like 720 or so in the end (60%) but corona could lower walk ups.

Min ticket price: €11.65 or $13.76. The average price, with 70 imax seets sold (18 euro), 70 cosy seets (15 euro) and 12.65 being standart if you are not a child, student or elderly (maybe 50% of left over tickets I would guess).

This gives €13.37 as the average ticket prices (btw these prices are higher than normal cause of corona). Lowering it a bit cause most cossy seats are sold out so the walk ups will be less on average so maybe about €13.1 ish or $15.5.

So atleast $7.85k (current ps) probably  11.5k in the end.

Gent is a top 4 city in Belgium (not the only chain but other chains are only good for 25% or so). Still a good start. Might do 100k OD for a 500k weekend in Belgium.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

WB made right decision by releasing Tenet in theatre. 

Mulan has absolutely no hype and will probably flop. 

I don't agree, Mulan had some hype before the worldwide lockdown, but it all gone within 6 months and disney seem fine to let the buzz died down.

And all the negative perception to China Chinese post CoVid -19 probably isn't helping either. 

saw twice today. personally I had no big interest but still enjoyed better than I expected. I didn't mind the long running time at all too. even with second viewing. lol

I do think it lacks the wow factor, both visual and concept wise. 

John David Washington will get nothing out of this. not because he was bad but script wise. already seeing lots of "why him?"  comments.

kinda shame considering having no famous black actor as this big film was huge bold choice.

3 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

saw twice today. personally I had no big interest but still enjoyed better than I expected. I didn't mind the long running time at all too. even with second viewing. lol

I do think it lacks the wow factor, both visual and concept wise. 

John David Washington will get nothing out of this. not because he was bad but script wise. already seeing lots of "why him?"  comments.

kinda shame considering having no famous black actor as this big film was huge bold choice.

How is the wom in there and from the theatre response ? Rating in naver seems good for now right ? Some really hate it I think because overcomplicate plot.

Edited by RJ 95

2 hours ago, wildphantom said:

Even the 5pm and up regular shows? They’re very busy where I am. 

The busiest regular showing is the 7:20pm showing and that’s only got around 20 seats sold in a mid size auditorium, after that we’re talking 10 people per screen at most as of the time I make this post. Obviously walk ins may bump it up, but with the focus on contactless and pre booking I think that may be less of a factor than it ordinarily would be.

IMAX is doing well though, the 7pm showing is pretty full and the evening IMAX shows seem to have a fair few bookings going into the weekend. 

London seems to be over performing compared to the rest of the country based on what I’m seeing locally, I may be wrong, but I wouldn’t expect anything like a $2-3 million opening day, for that to happen we’d surely need to be seeing better performance from the regular 2D shows across the rest of the country. 

Edited by SnokesLegs