sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That a bit of revisionist history I think, Twilight success was mostly a surprise to most, there is a reason Paramount lost the right to the book because they didn't made a movie in a 3 year's window and that you could see 30m OW prediction the month of it's release.

Also important to note is that some fans of the book were against Pattinson as Edward before the movie came out. If anything, the movies were lucky people became so attached to Patts in the role

13 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

He has dirt on Warner higher ups.

Getting the two most important & prestigious Warner projects back to back of the coming years is fishy as hell ...

Something s up.

Where did you get this info

That being said, his casting for Batman has probably a lot to do with Nolan, he probably vetoed him and even showed scenes or screen tests from Tenet to Help Reeves  convince Warner suits Pattman was the hero GAs were craving for without realizing it.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

This was added to Deadline too.

Even with MDW, it's weird how poor John Wick's legs are. Happy Booksmart's holding okay.

Honestly, could recover well, but it's now gonna be a frontloaded franchise. 4 will be much, much more so now that 3 broke out.

Battinson is gonna be awesome. wait and see. They wouldn't bet Batman on him if they thought he'd sink the franchise (that sunk with Batfleck). as others said, Nolan probably played the godfather here. Resurgence of RPatz as WB's new star is surprise to be sure but a welcome one.

Who knows what to believe on these projections? Variety can be conservative and Deadline is Deadline. Thing is, Deadline actually had Friday numbers. Variety did not. However, Deadline is often off with their numbers. Did I say that it’s hard to gauge these projections? 

17 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Also important to note is that some fans of the book were against Pattinson as Edward before the movie came out. If anything, the movies were lucky people became so attached to Patts in the role

I was a huge Twilight fan at the time (I know I know...) and can confirm that most of the fanbase had a rather negative reaction to the casting and many (including myself) didn't like him in the role after the movies came out either. There was a pretty clear divide between the original book fans and the movie fans. Now later I've realized that Pattinson and Stewart were actually superior to the material and not vice versa, and gave the best possible performances they could. I have come to really appreaciate Pattinson as an actor and I'm happy that he's been having critical success and hopefully now also mainstream success other than Twilight.

I know Pulse isn't an exact estimator but I would be shocked if that $18 million estimate for Friday holds. That just seems way too high. It's still pacing at 1/2 Aladdin on Pulse and the rate hasn't picked up at all since the morning.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Can we move all the Pattinson as Batman talk to another thread? This thread is about the movies currently out and how they are or will perform this weekend?

That's fair. I'm kinda starting to get on board with it though. He's a pretty boy but a good actor. Wishful thinking perhaps but I think maybe it just might be a great choice.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

John Wick 3 has been huge success for Lionsgate, they've already in profit due to selling the OS rights, the US and also UK money is just gravy.

It's still killing it. Huge success and the 4th will do even better

John Wick 3 outgrossed John Wick 2's total in 9 Days. Of course its bound to be more frontloaded, especially as in this day and age the movies have such wide releases that everyone who wants to see it has a chance to do it essentially on Opening Weekend.

• Like 5

Trying to picture where KotM will land in final worldwide gross if everything stays in the “meh” realm....

Domestic: 130-150

China: 110-130

Japan: 25-30

Overseas(minus China and Japan): 120-140(taking opening weekend with a x of 2)

Worldwide: 385-450

Definitely not a lot of people expected... hopefully it does better than these projections somewhere.

angry clint eastwood GIF