grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

1 hour ago, Gamora said:

On my second watch of Reloaded there was barely anyone in the cinema and the people a couple of seats down from me talked solidly for the first 20 minutes, I'm pretty sure one was catching the other up on the first movie. It was obviously annoying af so I got mad and asked if they were going to talk throughout the entire showing, and it shut them up thankfully.

Anyway, this didn't give much away but I like that, and it's hit me right in my older millennial nostalgic feels. Makes me want to install that Matrix code screensaver again lol (for real, I really might).

Will definitely be avoiding as much talk/spec as I can and I'll be cracking open my The Matrix/Reloaded 4Ks and regular Revolutions blu-ray closer to this coming out. Definitely a pity it's getting caught up in the HBO Max thing, would've been great to see how this did on a purely theatrical release. :( 

Don't forget to rewatch the Animatrix.

• Like 1

Sign me up. I'm all in. Trailer has me intrigued. Without even knowing who their characters are, both Neil Patrick Harris and (especially) Jonathan Groff feel like excellent casting choices.

I saw the original with my Dad in my teens, and I loved it. Just pure fun, with a well executed concept and novel action sequences. I remember everyone, myself included, making fun of Keanu Reeves for being a "wooden" actor, but today I've really grown to appreciate his style.

My feelings about the sequels are complicated, but the films do contain interesting ideas and imagery that I admire. The "weirder" philosophical stuff was more engaging to me than the heavy focus on Zion characters and war that was so boring to me and that bogged the end of the trilogy down. But there are some beautiful/powerful moments in Revolutions. The moment when Trinity briefly sees the sun and unpolluted sky before plunging back into the dark world is seared in my mind to this day.

I'm interested in seeing where this next film goes. The colour grading in the trailer reminds me of the freshly rebooted Matrix at the end of Revolutions, unless I'm misremembering. The trailer doesn't reveal why or for what purpose Neo is back in the Matrix... I could imagine a few possible explanations. I'm intrigued. 

Peace,

Mike

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Probably not surprising in hindsight but the BO drop from Reloaded (282m/741m) to Revolutions (139m/427m) was just enormous.

I think the 6 months wait between releases can take alot of the blame for that. It didn't allow anyone to even catch it on DVD before the next movie was released 

12 hours ago, John Marston said:

I remember always thinking it was really stupid they released Matrix Revolutions just six months and in the same year as Reloaded. Definitely hurt that films business 

I agree Reloaded should of been May 03 and Revolutions should of been May 04 to get them room to breathe.  With that said they grossed a combined 1.1 Billion in 2003 so that's still a success.    6 Months wasn't enough time for people to fully process "Reloaded".  It needed that year gap.   I still think "Revolutions" drops no matter what.  It's a slower film than the last two which were much more action packed.  "Reloaded" was one of the most anticipated sequels in Movie History.  I went to those Wednesday previews.   It was sold out and even kids were sneaking in.   Those Thursday Numbers were Godly too.   

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

Around 25 hours: 

Youtube (main channel): 16.3M views, 559k likes

Youtube (IGN): 5.1M views, 194k likes

Youtube (ONE Media): 2.2M views, 54k likes

Youtube (HBO Max): 1.6M views, 66k likes

Probably another few million from various channels. All told around 30M

Twitter: 7.3M, 103.5k likes on the main tweet

Facebook: 2.7M (movie page)

Instagram: 1.36M (movie account), around 1.1M between the two WB accounts. 

Numbers are not that crazy. It was really frontloaded to the first few hours. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Menor said:

Around 25 hours: 

Youtube (main channel): 16.3M views, 559k likes

Youtube (IGN): 5.1M views, 194k likes

Youtube (ONE Media): 2.2M views, 54k likes

Youtube (HBO Max): 1.6M views, 66k likes

Probably another few million from various channels. All told around 30M

Twitter: 7.3M, 103.5k likes on the main tweet

Facebook: 2.7M (movie page)

Instagram: 1.36M (movie account)

Seems a lot for a "hardcore scifi movie", why would ERC lie?

Photography looks fantastic but I won't lie if I say I was mildly disappointed with the EpisodeVII vibes and Neo ala John Wick. I guess I was expecting something more groundbreaking.

and this is doing great among my generation... but we all have kids now so HBOmax is gonna hurt BO potential for sure.

Anyway, I watched Revelations back in the day without watching Reloaded first, this can only be better.

16 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes, and you can see Neo's face from what is probably the first film on a screen behind him as he stands in front of a mirror at 1:04.

Something wild going on here, indeed... (I'm not reading any leaks/other spoilers!!!)

Edited by Macleod