ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

How low can Joker go. Can it miss 35m OW. Definitely wont even hit 60m domestic if it misses 35m OW. I want a glorious spectacular crash like never before seen. 

I think at least the OW can save itself because i bet some people will be curious to see themselves why everyone hates it. 

But i’m betting in all time low multiplier.

Like 45M OW and 68M FINAL.

I had a really shitty time lately with life, but reading this thread and watching some reviews of Joker 2 gave me some reassurance and a new, uplifting outlook on life that no matter how crap your life is right now, you are at least not the person unfortunate enough to tell Zaslav how Joker 2 is doing this weekend.

• Like 6
  • Haha 22

Just now, Brainbug said:

I had a really shitty time lately with life, but reading this thread and watching some reviews of Joker 2 gave me some reassurance and a new, uplifting outlook on life that no matter how crap your life is right now, you are at least not the person unfortunate enough to tell Zaslav how Joker 2 is doing this weekend.

Live look into WBD headquarters:

3gdsh1.jpg?a479976

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

TF was always bullied online, but it have solid CS and box office performances for 4 movies straight. I’m inclined to think they’re closer to being perceived as quality movies for the GA. If they make a requel with the original cast back, i bet it would be a huge success.

Kinda like The Lion King, people online hated it and yet it did had good legs and all.

Imo this would work if Bay decides to Retcon TF4 and TF5.

Pretty much it be a sequel to TF 3 and has music to a linkin park song

"what i am stilll doing hereeeee""

😀

I do think the original 3 transformers movies do have this nostalgia with audiences ironically. 

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Funny thing is unlike Alice in Wonderland or The Marvels, Joker didn’t seem to be a fad. You still see people referencing Joker and it seems real life protests had people wearing Joker masks. Makes this performance even more insane.

I think this is a proof that the reason this is becoming such a big bomb have more to do with not being the movie people wanted, than simply being bad.

If it has similar awful reviews, but the movie was an action movie with tons of violence that delivered the promise of Arthur Fleck fully embracing the persona, it would opened way bigger because most people doesn’t care if it’s bad while giving them what they wanted.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Funny thing is unlike Alice in Wonderland or The Marvels, Joker didn’t seem to be a fad. You still see people referencing Joker and it seems real life protests had people wearing Joker masks. Makes this performance even more insane.

You sure it was for the Arthur Fleck version of the general character overall?

Honestly I feel like the rejection this is facing to such an extent as it's looking to be is due to many people deciding that one movie with this particular character (a mental health patient that we are supposed to feel bad for to an extent vs. a stand-in for overall evil that the character usually functions as in other Batman/DC projects) was enough.

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

The poor reception really hurts. Upon the release of the trailer, I got the invitation from three different friends group to watch this movie and I end up choosing the the biggest group to go with. But after the terrible word of mouth, they quit one  by one and eventually the plan was cancelled. Now I have to shamelessly switch to another group which I previously declined but they also losing their interest to watch. In the end, I probably ended up watching the movie with just one other person. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The poor reception really hurts. Upon the release of the trailer, I got the invitation from three different friends group to watch this movie and I end up choosing the the biggest group to go with. But after the terrible word of mouth, they quit one  by one and eventually the plan was cancelled. Now I have to shamelessly switch to another group which I previously declined but they also losing their interest to watch. In the end, I probably ended up watching the movie with just one other person. 

That always happened with my friends with flop movies

Everyone just drops out and plan gets cancelled. 

2 hours ago, toutvabien said:

One small win for The Marvels is that it has higher audience scores compared to Joker everywhere despite being review bombed.

The Audience Score in Rotten Tomatoes is from people who have seen the movie (they need to show ticket). That's why review bombed almost doesn't really affect Audience Score.

In fact, Audience Score tend to lean positive since people seeing buying tickets so early tend to have interest on the movie.

A so low Audience Score for Joker 2 also means people interested on the movie ended disliking it a lot.

20 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Downfall Steiner GIF - Downfall Steiner Mein Fuhrer Steiner - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Kon said:

The Audience Score in Rotten Tomatoes is from people who have seen the movie (they need to show ticket). That's why review bombed almost doesn't really affect Audience Score.

In fact, Audience Score tend to lean positive since people seeing buying tickets so early tend to have interest on the movie.

A so low Audience Score for Joker 2 also means people interested on the movie ended disliking it a lot.

You can still review bomb the all audience score, tho the inclusion of the verified one has lessened the amount of people caring to review bomb movies... but even TLM has 94% verified and 57% all audience. The Marvels' all audience is at 65%. But point was more so how it has lower rating even on IMDb.

23 minutes ago, John Marston said:

They hated the people that liked the first movie, so the higher ups had Todd Philips sabotage his own legacy for $20 gorillion dollars. There's simply no other explanation, if the spoilers are true. Though, Movie still looks better than anything the DCEU/MCU have put out in the last 4-5 years. 

29 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

What about the genius who convinced Zaslav to make Joker 2 a musical? :rofl: