ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

4 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

Meh. In Telltale Batman he gets mutilated during a political debate. It would actually be funny given the awfulness of what Gotham's mayors are like but for the fact that he's in absolutely horrific pain during it.

Speaking of mayors, the Harley Quinn cartoon where Joker becomes mayor, sends Bruce Wayne to jail for tax evasion, and uses his money to rebuild the city was legitimately a very clever angle. 

Just now, Noctis said:

Gaga came out best in this whole ordeal. Even with a one-note character, her charisma and screen presence is immense.

Yeah, the this will kill Gaga's career BS was just that: BS.

And movies are just a sideline for Gaga anyway; her strictly musical carreer (live performance and recordings() are her bread and butter .

To be honest, I have been impressed by Gaga on screen, but not knokced dead. She was good in A Star Is Born, and did think she pulled of a stright drematic role pretty well in the Guicci film.

But she has yet to get that one on screen role that will propeoll her to the A list in movies. the way that Sinatra found a role in "From Here To Eternity" that did just that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

Speaking of mayors, the Harley Quinn cartoon where Joker becomes mayor, sends Bruce Wayne to jail for tax evasion, and uses his money to rebuild the city was legitimately a very clever angle. 

My own favorite Harley moment was her playing Amazing Grace on a kazoo in "The Man Who Killed Batman".

I thought the cartoon you mentioned was sort of a fun joke on the whole 'Lex Luthor Becomes President" storyline.

Edited by dudalb

14 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

My favorite Two Face origin was from Batman The Animated Series. 

Anyone else?

Oh, definenlty.

I loved the idea that Dent had mental problems even before the Acid Hit; the Acid just made them take over his personality.

Edited by dudalb
  • Heart 1

9 minutes ago, AJG said:

That would have been a much better script than anything in this film.

In an alternate universe, JOKER 2 opens in October, 2022 on the date BLACK ADAM actually opened on, is actually a good film with a stronger initial premise, and highlights Gaga greatly in advertising. This is an easy $100m+ opener. 

Release strategy and final product matter greatly. This is a textbook fuck across the board. 

5 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

Fun fact: in Telltale Batman Harvey can become Two-Face WITHOUT the scars.

I know, I played the game, and thought i was a clever touch.

If fact the Telltale games are my favorite batman games.

40 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Oh woah, lots of relatively decent movies in there, in fact I think most are decent Sunday afternoon watches.

I can understand an F for something like "Disaster Movie", but whose mother did stuff like "Solaris" and "Killing Them Softly" kill to deserve an F? I'm sorta baffled by a lot in this list.

IIRC for Killing Them Softly, the movie was mismarketed as being more action heavy than it was, and that’s why it got an F.

6 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

In terms of critics battering a good movie, I don't think anything tops "Scrooged".

I like Scrooged, it's actually fascinating movie in a way that you can clearly see how Murray phones it in because he really didn't want to be in it, and yet somehow it works and actually fits his character.

Edited by Firepower

54 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I was just thinking in my head before I came on here, "I wonder if Joker 2 is about to be another The Marvels', pretty epic bomb incoming.

I remember people saying Joker 2 DOM OW wouldn't fall under The Marvels (47M).

Now, it seems to exist a real possibility it would.

Edited by Kon

It's hard to extrapolate of Thursday because of the holiday for The Wild Robot and Wednesday because of the PLF loss which was likely a fairly significant portion of its grosses like it was over the weekend.

Last week I said low the mid 40s most likely so if it hits that I wouldn't be too shocked. But Thursday gave me hope it could overcome even with the PLF loss, and hit low 40s or high 30s. Even with the holiday it had a really nice boost. We'll see what Friday and Saturday bring. I think Sunday will be a fairly standard drop but the holiday differences for schools across regions and whether it's just Thursday or Thursday/Friday off will skew things again and make Saturday a more muted increase maybe.

I always knew this weekend would be a weird one, third weekend will be more of a clear picture of its future up until Wicked.