ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

Megalopolis is at 35% RT audience score , Joker 2 at 37% and the former has D+Cinemascore . The same for Joker 2? The worst cinemascore was a C with Superman 4 in 1987. The Worst for a Marvel Movie and for CBM is Fantastic Four (2015) with a C-

I haven't seen Joker 2 yet (I'm not sure if I will), but I've read a summary. This left me with a doubt:

I read the ending is pretty disliked, but I'm not sure what is it so offensive about it.

6 minutes ago, Kon said:

I haven't seen Joker 2 yet (I'm not sure if I will), but I've read a summary. This left me with a doubt:

I read the ending is pretty disliked, but I'm not sure what is it so offensive about it.

I just came out from an IMAX showing. It wasn't as terrible as people made it out to be

Maybe expectations was high. I am not a fan of the ending, but I had no complains otherwise. My wife liked it better than the first film. LOL.

I prefer the first one obviously but this one is not terrible.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Borderlands got a D+ and it's verified Popcornmeter (!?!) score is 57% so it's more than possible.

Here we were thinking Megalopolis would give us that oh so iconic and oh so lovely F CinemaScore. Of all the movies too.

7 minutes ago, Eric Quinn said:

Here we were thinking Megalopolis would give us that oh so iconic and oh so lovely F CinemaScore. Of all the movies too.

Megalopolis was already weird ,based on the trailer alone. Those ( poor souls ) who paid to see it, probably knew what they were getting with it. 

This Joker sequel is following a 1 billion dollar performance from a previous movie. Not sure if it's getting an F, but audiences are obviously gonna be harsher with this one. 

Anyway, if Josh Trank's Fant4stic didn't get an F ( hell, it didn't even get a D ), I fail to see how a Joker movie gets an F

Holy this shit has gone wrong in every way, you can't help but be excited for this kind of result and just how bad it goes. Todd Phillips should not be allowed to make a sequel ever again.

I'm taking some friends to see this clown show today and I just know I'll be having a laugh and taking the piss, specially because a couple of them  LOVED the 1st.

45 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Megalopolis is at 35% RT audience score , Joker 2 at 37% and the former has D+Cinemascore . The same for Joker 2? The worst cinemascore was a C with Superman 4 in 1987. The Worst for a Marvel Movie and for CBM is Fantastic Four (2015) with a C-

Megalopolis - "So that is its name, Joker..... Finally, a worthy opponent, our battle will be legendary"

• Haha 1

Pretty astounding just how south things went for this movie and just how quickly they did. That's probably on us for betting on Todd Phillips (seriously, how is he an Oscar-nominated director! Even back then that nomination seemed destined to age like milk) to deliver.

Hopefully The Wild Robot posts a great drop this weekend to alleviate some of the doom and gloom otherwise.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Pretty astounding just how south things went for this movie and just how quickly they did. That's probably on us for betting on Todd Phillips (seriously, how is he an Oscar-nominated director! Even back then that nomination seemed destined to age like milk) to deliver.

Just because sequel didn't work? Let's not overreact. Farelly won Best Picture, McKay was nominated as well, Phillips is not worse than those two.