kayumanggi

BUMBLEBEE | 21 DECEMBER 2018 | The end of the Bayformers Universe

2 hours ago, TombRaider said:

not surprised it flopped. most males dont like action movies starring females. or any movie starring females tbh

Rogue One went over 500m and played 59% male according to the mpaa, Catching Fire made 195m dbo from male audience according to the MPAA and one of the biggest domestic movie ever Force Awaken played male heavy quite a bit.

That bumblebee opening demo:

Updated PostTrak exits are 65% general audience, 35% families. Leading demos are Men under 25 at 29%, men over 25 at 28%, females under 25 at 22%, and females over 25 at 21%. Forty-eight percent of all moviegoers were Caucasian, 24% Hispanic,  12% African American, and 11% Asian. A great 65% definite recommend here for the Transformers spinoff, with men 25+ enjoying it the most at 90%. No surprise there: Setting a movie about a 1980s popular franchise, accentuated with nuances of E.T. and in its own decade, does resonate some wonderful nostalgia

---------------------------------------

TF5

As opposed to opening day, the under 25ers started showing up to Last Knight over the weekend. They now rep 52% of all moviegoers per ComScore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak versus the 45% originally spotted, and men under 25 have grown from 29% of all moviegoers to being the predominant crowd (38%). Previously, older males were leading the charge at 33%, but they have now dropped to 23%. Last Knight drew 46% Caucasians, 26% Hispanic, 17% African American and 8% Asian. Men under 25 are giving Last Knight its best reviews at 80% on PostTrak and the under 18 set gave it an A CinemaScore (but that latter grade was on Wednesday night; PostTrak updates their audience polls throughout the weekend). Last Knight earned $7.6M at 390 Imax auditoriums since Wednesday. Sixteen of the top 20 U.S./Canada runs were IMAX locations. 3D represented 67% of Last Knight‘s $265M worldwide weekend.

Do not seem to have lost particularly more audience among the male demo than female and were the audience with the best exit poll score, African american too, went from 22% on TF4 down to 12% on Bumblebee opening....

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Goffe said:

It flopped because it looked like a movie for 10-year-olds boys only.

I think it flopped because of the Shay seal of approval tbh

18 hours ago, shayhiri said:

All five (or fifteen, I've lost count) Bayformers movies answer the following conditions:

1. Being the worst big budget movie ever.

2. Featuring the most repugnant protagonist ever, who deserves to die a thousand deaths (Optimus Crime - what a fucking dick!).

3. Letting the visionary idiot Bay once again confirm the famous Shay Theory that 80% of all people are just plain dumb fucks beyond saving.

So, coming from that, Bumblebee is such a pleasant movie, that I might even let my girlfriend see it. :) Something the Shay would have never thought of a Transformers movie!! Make no mistake, the Transformers are still the dumbest shit ever created - but at least this valiant little movie does what it can with the rotten garbage it is given.

It is such good news for humanity that no other Transformers movie is ever getting made again!! :)

• Like 1

I agree with those saying that TF1 is better than this. This is very enjoyable due in large part to a fantastic  performance by Hailee Steinfeld and the well developed relationship with her and Bumblebee. It was also nice to have such crisp and clean action sequences in a TF film for once. However, this movie definitely feels very slight overall, which I'm not sure really suits this franchise. The big spectacle of the Bay movies was always a good fit for this franchise, it's just how poor his execution of it kept getting as the sequels went on that was the problem there. 

I agree that the first film had heart and humor too, which is what combined with the epic spectacle to make it a massive hit. It seems hard to imagine this movie ever igniting the box office like that, regardless of when it was released. But it's a solid B grade movie and cute Spielberg homage. Obviously it goes without saying that it's leagues above any of the TF sequels. Was ready to drag the critics for overrating it with that crazy high tomatometer for a moment, but turns out this is just one of those cases of tomatometer and average rating not matching up well. The 7.1 average rating is right on the money for what I'd say it deserves.

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

I agree with those saying that TF1 is better than this. This is very enjoyable due in large part to a fantastic  performance by Hailee Steinfeld and the well developed relationship with her and Bumblebee. It was also nice to have such crisp and clean action sequences in a TF film for once. However, this movie definitely feels very slight overall, which I'm not sure really suits this franchise. The big spectacle of the Bay movies was always a good fit for this franchise, it's just how poor his execution of it kept getting as the sequels went on that was the problem there. 

I agree that the first film had heart and humor too, which is what combined with the epic spectacle to make it a massive hit. It seems hard to imagine this movie ever igniting the box office like that, regardless of when it was released. But it's a solid B grade movie and cute Spielberg homage. Obviously it goes without saying that it's leagues above any of the TF sequels. Was ready to drag the critics for overrating it with that crazy high tomatometer for a moment, but turns out this is just one of those cases of tomatometer and average rating not matching up well. The 7.1 average rating is right on the money for what I'd say it deserves.

Critics are cinephiles it s their job thus they are very director centric.

Bay make them want to puke.

Travis Knight directed that lovely Laika movie.

On 12/24/2018 at 4:30 AM, TombRaider said:

not surprised it flopped. most males dont like action movies starring females. or any movie starring females tbh

Women-led films dominate at the box office, study finds

Movies Starring Women Earn More Than Male-Led Films, Study Finds

(many other links about the report, but this will do for now)

((try not to comment just on the headlines, s'il vous plaît))

(((it's also 'tends to' not 'guarantee to', but that's what I said to not comment on just the headline ;))))

• Thanks 1

Enjoyed it quite a bit. Stumbles in a few parts and disappointingly takes everything from E.T. except taking its time to fully develop the relationship between the lead and the alien. But that car got me to my destination, and is the first Transformers movie since the animated that didn't make me fucking angry and hateful while watching it.

Just saw this and it’s the best Transformers film since the 1980’s. Hailee Steinfeld is great, and It actually has a comprehensible plot with likeable characters unlike the 5 Bayformers films (compare the parents in this film to Shia Labeouf’s idiotic hyperactive parents in Transformers 1, it’s like night and day). It’s clearly not going to make as much money as Dark of the Moon or Age of Extinction, but hopefully it makes enough to convince Paramount to continue the franchise in this direction rather than going back to whatever they want to call the mess that was The Last Knight.

I saw this with my girlfriend who hates the other Transformers films (hate is probably putting it lightly), but she absolutely loved this one which just speaks to how much of a step up this one is.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 5:23 AM, Godzilla said:

Wow calling Bumblebee a flop this early on seems way too premature for me. China numbers are looking good and it might develop legs.

Minimum 1/2 the budget is secured from chinese dealers allready. But presales are not that good. But whatever happens they are getting 60-65 mill from Cina alone. That leaves 70 mill plus P&A WW

Looks like it will struggle to hit black in theaters but should no doubt do it down the line

On 12/25/2018 at 11:23 PM, Godzilla said:

Wow calling Bumblebee a flop this early on seems way too premature for me. China numbers are looking good and it might develop legs.

They’re looking kinda bad right now to be honest. 1 week out and it’s expected to open mid $40’sM with very mediocre presales. Hopefully the word of mouth is strong, because right now $350M Worldwide is in danger with the abd Numbers accross the world.

On 12/26/2018 at 5:10 AM, Porthos said:

Women-led films dominate at the box office, study finds

Movies Starring Women Earn More Than Male-Led Films, Study Finds

(many other links about the report, but this will do for now)

((try not to comment just on the headlines, s'il vous plaît))

(((it's also 'tends to' not 'guarantee to', but that's what I said to not comment on just the headline ;))))

I doubt that very much. I bet they use films like star wars to back these claims

14 minutes ago, Jessie said:

I doubt that very much. I bet they use films like star wars to back these claims

Actually bothering to have clicked on the link provided to read the article would have shown that you are wrong as it specifically states both recent star wars episodes were designated as male-led films (though presumably Rogue One was designated as female-led).

4 hours ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

Actually bothering to have clicked on the link provided to read the article would have shown that you are wrong as it specifically states both recent star wars episodes were designated as male-led films (though presumably Rogue One was designated as female-led).

4 hours ago, DeeCee said:

It really shocks me you didn’t even read the whole post or click through to the article. 

https://shift7.com/media-research

I don't need to. I just looked on Box office mojo and the top 20  in those years is very male dominated. So they are wrong lol

The OP stated that 'movies starring women earn more than male-led movies' which simply isn't true, the article doesn't even say that

Edited by Jessie