Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

A prequel, huh? I guess (pure speculation but I'm gonna put it in spoilers anyway)

Hide contents

she bites the dust in Avengers 4.

It would be really bizarre to do a movie starring her in that case. Presumably if this is successful we have Black Widow 2 and Black Widow 3 in the pipeline, and there’s no way they’d be planning to have them all be prequels.

Edited by Thanos Legion

I like the Black Widow character, but having this be a prequel pretty much kills my interest tbh, unless they can tie it into the modern day storyline well.      

Doesn’t make much sense to speculate about this movie’s prospects until we see how the character is received in A4.

3 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Is this a prequel, or a prequel like they tried to pretend the next Spider-Man is a prequel?

Now that is the 10M dollar question. It’s conceivable that with A4 on the horizon, they’re just blatantly lying about it being a prequel to avoid spoilers. It does seem like the possibility to be an actual prequel is a lo higher than with FFH though.

I feel like Kevin Feige's trying to atone for Ike's sins, but between the fandom having moved on AND ScarJo's Scorched Earth World Tour 2k18, it feels like he's wasting his energies. I appreciate his commitment to moving past "White Guys Named Chris."  I just feel he COULD be developing a Woman of Wakanda, or and A-Force (All Ladies Avengers), or Young Avengers, or KAMALA (I understand that Carol has to come first, but NOCURRR KAMALA NOOOOOW).

I'm only interested in a prequel if they hire a new actress to play Natasha.  Even then, I don't care.  We know her backstory.  This isn't 2012-2014 anymore.

I feel like this movie will work, if they do any of the following:

• Keep the Budget to 75M (I would say 50M, but ScarJo's getting 25M, so that's not happening.), OR
  • Drop the Prequel.  Focus on the time between CACW and AIW.  Make it about her journey of self-discovering and the road back to Steve and Sam, OR
  • Or set this AFTER the events of CM and have Widow deal with cleaning up the mess of that movie, OR
  • Cast ALL THE LADIES.  I want Carol, Hope, Oyoke, and Valkyrie.  TEAM UP.  Scarlett Johansson hasn't opened a movie over 20M since Lucy, which was the HEIGHT of the We Want A Black Widow Movie craze.  This will be LUCKY to do 50/125M if they don't bring in back up, OR
  • Just say 'Fuck It', give Evans 25M as well and do the Cap and Widow movie We Deserve.

I hang out in at like ground zero of the MCU Fangirl Fandom.  NO ONE wants this.  There is like ONE person excited, and even THEY are making let's recast ScarJo jokes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actors fall in and out of favor with the public constantly. I remember when everyone hated Natalie Portman and Anne Hathaway too, now they're popular again. I'm sure ScarJo will at some point too, but the character doesn't really seem like she works on her own? I mean she's literally just a regular spy.. lol isn't there some other Marvel heroine (not a supporting cast member of a male franchise) they can do a solo movie for?

11 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I feel like Kevin Feige's trying to atone for Ike's sins, but between the fandom having moved on AND ScarJo's Scorched Earth World Tour 2k18, it feels like he's wasting his energies. I appreciate his commitment to moving past "White Guys Named Chris."  I just feel he COULD be developing a Woman of Wakanda, or and A-Force (All Ladies Avengers), or Young Avengers, or KAMALA (I understand that Carol has to come first, but NOCURRR KAMALA NOOOOOW).

I'm only interested in a prequel if they hire a new actress to play Natasha.  Even then, I don't care.  We know her backstory.  This isn't 2012-2014 anymore.

I feel like this movie will work, if they do any of the following:

• Keep the Budget to 75M (I would say 50M, but ScarJo's getting 25M, so that's not happening.), OR
  • Drop the Prequel.  Focus on the time between CACW and AIW.  Make it about her journey of self-discovering and the road back to Steve and Sam, OR
  • Or set this AFTER the events of CM and have Widow deal with cleaning up the mess of that movie, OR
  • Cast ALL THE LADIES.  I want Carol, Hope, Oyoke, and Valkyrie.  TEAM UP.  Scarlett Johansson hasn't opened a movie over 20M since Lucy, which was the HEIGHT of the We Want A Black Widow Movie craze.  This will be LUCKY to do 50/125M if they don't bring in back up, OR
  • Just say 'Fuck It', give Evans 25M as well and do the Cap and Widow movie We Deserve.

I hang out in at like ground zero of the MCU Fangirl Fandom.  NO ONE wants this.  There is like ONE person excited, and even THEY are making let's recast ScarJo jokes.

*Drops Mic* 

*Walks out of thread* 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, captainwondyful said:

I just feel he COULD be developing a Woman of Wakanda, or and A-Force (All Ladies Avengers), or Young Avengers, or KAMALA (I understand that Carol has to come first, but NOCURRR KAMALA NOOOOOW).

This is a lot of "or". Why there can only be one? How in the world a Black Widow movie implies that Marvel will not developing Young Avengers, Kamala Khan, Frog Thor, Cookie Man or whatever?

1 hour ago, Rebeccas said:

she's literally just a regular spy.. lol isn't there some other Marvel heroine (not a supporting cast member of a male franchise) they can do a solo movie for?

Same LOL.

And "just a regular spy":

m2e7I8nUmsZl.jpg

Worked for them. Excited to see something like this in the MCU.

• Like 4

I dunno, I think this could work well enough. If they go full Mission Impossible with the super-crazy set pieces it could be pretty fun. Throw in some of the supporting Marvel characters and it'll be a nice addition to the universe.

Might be hard to convince ScarJo to go full Cruise and put her life on the line but maybe she'll commit just to make everyone feel good about the movie or whatever.

When this movie comes out the perception of Black Widow in the period between IW and A4 isn’t going to matter in the slightest. It’s all about how that movie positions the character moving forward (and maybe also some small details like the quality of the movie :ph34r:).

7 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Grace Randolph going mad on twitter, saying “can’t men direct female action films anymore?”

I just sent her the BOM list of action heroine films: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=actionheroine.htm

77 films. 74 directed by men. 

She is an asshole. 

She's just catering to her right wing incel base. Gotta get those clicks.

5 hours ago, aabattery said:

I dunno, I think this could work well enough. If they go full Mission Impossible with the super-crazy set pieces it could be pretty fun. Throw in some of the supporting Marvel characters and it'll be a nice addition to the universe.

Might be hard to convince ScarJo to go full Cruise and put her life on the line but maybe she'll commit just to make everyone feel good about the movie or whatever.

Scarjo's stunt double is the real unsung hero....

• Like 1