Ezen Baklattan

BOFFY VI: Return of the Jedi - Ballots (pick one for each category, only rank Best Picture) Due 3/2 at 11:59PM EST

2 hours ago, Tree Billboards said:

kind of sad that I could only find one female performance that I liked enough to nominate. I'm no feminist but that kind of sucks. I only saw like three movies with a lead female.

Really?

tenor.gif?itemid=9068132

You

NarrowNegativeHippopotamus-size_restrict

Could

094_ShapeOfWater_032121_185_23_1080p_Pro

Find

ThoseFlashyHogget-size_restricted.gif

Only

source.gif

One 

tenor.gif

To

anigif_sub-buzz-29189-1492185608-1.gif

Nominate

tumblr_oxd14jRHC11vv5ly8o6_540.gif

Only

1501273519-delish-charlize-theron-drink.

One

anigif_sub-buzz-31436-1508793214-2.gif?d

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 2

Must have been a great year for women if the best performances include superhero movies...

out of those Ive only seen Wonder Woman and Thor. And no both those in Thor were crap. Gal Gadot was okay? She has nice legs.. ?

shape of water and I Tonya aren't out for a few weeks so cant comment on those, though I'm looking forward to them. same goes for Lady Bird before you jump on that one

Edited by Tree Billboards

okay now that you've added some more into your post @captainwondyful -

Daisy Ridley was a lot better than she was in Force Awakens, but still really nothing special. a generic role in a star wars movie never gonna win me over for best actress nominations. Also Daisy looks like my ex so I don't feel happy when I watch her.

Jessica Chastain was snoring her way through that boring Aaron Sorkin movie, so boring I actually can't remember what its called. I mean really lazy. she didn't have much to go on but still really didn't like her.

Havent seen that lesbian assassin movie.

Don't know what the bottom one is.

2 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

Other movies with performances by women worthy of consideration, at least:

Mudbound

Get Out

The Florida Project

The Post

The Lost City of Z

Blade Runner

The Shape of Water

The Big Sick

Hostiles

mother!

Three Billboards...

Image result for thank you gif

15 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

Mudbound

Get Out

The Florida Project

The Post

The Lost City of Z

Blade Runner

The Shape of Water

The Big Sick

Hostiles

mother!

Three Billboards...

A Quiet Passion, Personal Shopper, Okja, Raw, The Beguiled, Happy Death Day

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

I'm so glad that somebody finally gave a shoutout to Happy Death Day. Jessica Rothe 4 all movies.

She made my ballot. Granted it's largely because I still haven't seen (in most cases haven't had any chance to see) Lady Bird/Florida Project/Phantom Thread/Billboards/I Tonya/Shape of Water, but it's very nice work that was harder to do than it might seem. Rothe should have a bright future. 

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Her follow up film Forever My Girl is overperforming considering it was dumped in 1k theaters with barely any marketing push.  Already a box office draw.

And it all began with a supporting role in a little indie movie called La La Land. Talk about an overnight ascension to fame.

32 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

Mudbound

Get Out

The Florida Project

The Post

The Lost City of Z

Blade Runner

The Shape of Water

The Big Sick

Hostiles

mother!

Three Billboards...

Didn't like Meryl in the post. Can't remember Sienna Miller's performance in Lost City of Z though I loved the film. Don't really remember female character in BR2049. Didn't like anything in that film apart from the way it looked. Hostiles is 2018, wrong year. 

The rest of them I haven't seen. 

And Frances Mcdormand is who I was referring to when I said there's only been one good female performance. She is phenomenal and she deserves all the awards. :) 

McDormand was really good but the overwhelming praise and confirmed Oscar for her are somewhat confusing.  Didn’t make my top 5 performances of the year and even with the other actresses nominated, Hawkins and Ronan are so much better than her

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

McDormand was really good but the overwhelming praise and confirmed Oscar for her are somewhat confusing.  Didn’t make my top 5 performances of the year and even with the other actresses nominated, Hawkins and Ronan are so much better than her

Image result for three billboards gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tree Billboards said:

Hostiles is 2018, wrong year. 

Hostiles is 2017. Released in NA on December 22. Had to include Rosamund Pike on my ballot. I’d give her the edge over Francis McDormand, though I also loved Three Billboards.