Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

And it will make 150-200mil less worldwide. .

So? I was talking about DOM. Not denying the poor WW BO run for Solo.

Anyways, I would LOVE to see Solo delivering stronger OS legs than many here expect. Just to stop the hate/laughs/comments it's receiving.

51 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

It seems the director took the complaints about TFa being to similar to the old films and fixated at subverting expectations....

So much so he sort of forgot he was making an 8th film in a 40 year series and now is sad why people dont like his film.

I honestly don't think the rehash complaints affected Rian Johnson when he wrote the script. Remember he had most of the script done before TFA came out. TLJ is purely Rian Johnson's reaction to how he felt about TFA and how to move the story forward. Hence why you can tell which parts was Rian Johnson fully invested in and which parts felt tacked on. 

Part of this was because TLJ was supposed to come out Memorial Day Weekend of 2017 before being pushed back to December when TLJ was already well into production. 

17 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

That IW is better than I expect, locks $670m.

With a great chance of $680m and outside shot of $690m.

$2 billion worldwide is very much alive.

was supposedly locked a couple weeks ago, what a roller-coaster!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, stripe said:

So? I was talking about DOM. Not denying the poor WW BO run for Solo.

Anyways, I would LOVE to see Solo delivering stronger OS legs than many here expect. Just to stop the hate/laughs/comments it's receiving.

JW2 is out a in a week in a lot of countries, so there isn't a lot of time for recovery.

3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Don’t forget - 2 billion was the floor!

I think people on here should stop butchering the word locked by using it so early...

same goes for box office reddit a comment that said "$2b is locked" had 60 upvotes! That's 60 people who thought it was locked, shameful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, MrGamer said:

Did Gandalf ever explain how he and the Balrog went from a water cavern to a snowy mountain top? 

You can pretty much look up anything about those movies.

Gandalf and the Balrog fell for a long time, and Gandalf was burned by the Balrog's fire.  They they plunged into a deep lake in the depths of the mountain, which Gandalf later said was cold as the tide of death and almost froze his heart.  They fought in the water until finally the Balrog fled into the dark tunnels, where the world is gnawed by nameless things, older even than Sauron.  Gandalf pursued the Balrog until it led him to the spiraling Endless stair, and they climbed it until they reached Durin's Tower in the living rock of Zirakzigil, the pinnacle of the Silvertine above the clouds.  There they fought until Gandalf threw down his enemy and the Balrog broke the mountain-side as it fell.  Then darkness took Gandalf, and he passed away.  His body lay on the peak.  The entire battle, from the confrontation on the Bridge of Khazad-dum to the mutual demise of the Balrog and Gandalf had taken 10 days.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I think people on here should stop butchering the word locked by using it so early...

same goes for box office reddit a comment that said "$2b is locked" had 60 upvotes! That's 60 people who thought it was locked, shameful.

Tbf, from the moment it does 2B it was the right thing to say. Because then 2B was locked.

2 hours ago, somebody85 said:

I'm not so sure about that. That is releasing the same week as Hereditary which is already getting strong reviews and should pull the horror crowd despite being more indie based. So there's already that against it. The monstrous Incredibles 2 releases the next week which a lot of families could be saving for and the giant Jurassic World the week after that.

As far as Oceans 8, the trailers have been underwhelming and have not generated a ton of hype. One has 11 million views and the other has almost 10 million. That's not breakout numbers.

If Oceans 8 does not get stellar reviews, I wouldn't be so confident to say it does anything huge but I understand it's potential to be something like The Heat. Everything has to go right though and I haven't seen a ton of marketing for it.

Hereditary isn't gonna make much of a dent. The marketing campaign is way too muted. Best case scenario is a $40M total.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Tbf, from the moment it does 2B it was the right thing to say. Because then 2B was locked.

That's not how this works! (hans solo quote)

PERSON1: Heads or Tails

PERSON2: Heads is locked...

*flips coin*

PERSON2: see!

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

Just now, LaughingEvans said:

Why Ocean's 8? They couldn't find 11 decent actresses that would go along with each other on the same set?

If you're going by that metric, it should really be called Ocean's 4. (or Oce4n, whichever you prefer)