Eric Duncan

JOKER WEEKEND THREAD | 96M DOM, 151 OS, 247M WW (October Record all around) | ***NO SPOILERS*** | SALE LIVE: Monthly Premium Account 50% off, Monthly Gold Account $5 Off

Joker's definitely my favourite performance of the year, but it's not my favourite film. It is very good, but it's one I'll need a few days to digest (or a second viewing) in order to properly place it. It's definitely up there, but I'm not sure how far up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Box Office Theory pages gives a strong positive correlation with Box Office Gross.

Just a quick reminder Avatar 2 is going to make 4 billies minimum

Yeah we're waiting for it since Dawn Of Times.... Hope it comes within next 10 years.

On 10/5/2019 at 5:35 PM, keysersoze123 said:

I just ran report across AMC reserved show(6014 shows) and it has sold more than 3rd of all the seats. That's almost 5m gross considering its dominated by PLF in large cities where prices go as high as $26!!!!!

Joker(Day 2 sales). - 382928/1125173

I am able to split the large file and run it across multiple process and so it ran in 35 minutes. I will run again at night to get a report. This will miss sellouts and so it should underreport based on how many sellouts there are. at least I hope to compare with tomorrow and to get % drop on sunday.

Joker (Day 3 sales) - 329937/999289

At least at AMC its holding really strong despite having 15% fewer seats overall. That is just under 14% drop. I am confident sunday drop will be lot better that estimates.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Joker (Day 3 sales) - 329937/999289

At least at AMC its holding really strong despite having 15% fewer seats overall. That is just under 14% drop. I am confident sunday drop will be lot better that estimates.

Me too. I don't have exact numbers, but the drop in Salt Lake City today looks to be under 15% as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am predicting 25-26m for sunday. let us see what @Charlie Jatinder has to say.

That would be a massive underestimate for the Sunday. No holiday Monday, the spillover from the movie playing at capacity on Fri and Sat isn't there... Don't see how that would really be possible, but I'd love it if it happened. 

Coming from someone who really didn't have any anticipation towards this movie, to see this movie open over 90 million is just batshit crazy to me. This is more like the king of comedy or mean Streets or taxi driver or some other gritty 1970s Martin Scorsese film. This is not venom or a DC extravaganza. There's nothing to do with superheroes in this movie. There's some very tangential DC connections in the film but I don't think when they are making this movie they truly expected it to open this big and end up grossing as much as it will. it's 100% a triumph all the way around for all involved in this.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, john2000 said:

lets repeat, it really does it matter if the ow is 94 or 95 ?

Of course it matters. Mainly if that million is added on Sunday. It would mean better drops along the weekend, not being so frontloaded and it could imply possible better legs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Coming from someone who really didn't have any anticipation towards this movie, to see this movie open over 90 million is just batshit crazy to me. This is more like the king of comedy or mean Streets or taxi driver or some other gritty 1970s Martin Scorsese film. This is not venom or a DC extravaganza. There's nothing to do with superheroes in this movie. There's some very tangential DC connections in the film but I don't think when they are making this movie they truly expected it to open this big and end up grossing as much as it will. it's 100% a triumph all the way around for all involved in this.

It's the Joker - only one of the biggest villains of all time. Ofc it was going to open big. We need to see what legs it will have. 

Edited by HeadShot

46 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

It's the Joker - only one of the biggest villains of all time. Ofc it was going to open big. We need to see what legs it will have. 

So much Monday morning quarterbacking going on now it's opened huge - as though it was always going to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

For certain movies (think Endgame on a much larger scale than this), legs are icing on the cake. The movie cost less than 100 million to produce and is already profitable. Legs could be like BvS at this point and WB would be laughing (nod to Joker) all the way to the bank. 

Nice legs would be a nice bonus. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HeadShot said:

You’re really trying to downplay this opening weekend. It simply just can’t be downplayed. 

as Baumer already said, this is a triumph all the way round. The opening is stunning for the type of film it is. 

Once people actually watch the film, the opening weekend level is just even more surprising. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

You’re really trying to downplay this opening weekend. It simply just can’t be downplayed. 

as Baumer already said, this is a triumph all the way round. The opening is stunning for the type of film it is. 

Once people actually watch the film, the opening weekend level is just even more surprising. 

Not downplaying anything. It's a movie based on a huge IP so the opening weekend is not surprising.  It's time to stop acting shocked every time a DC movie opens decently. They are not small indie movies with unknown characters.

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 1