Eric Duncan

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

4 minutes ago, a2k said:

Sun should do better than -20% that TLJ had cause it released a week earlier while this is deeper into the holidays.

TFA did -11%. -15% for TROS would be nice.

Oh, very good point, totally forgot about that.

53.3 (+6.6%) same bump as TLJ

45.3 (-15%)

would be around 188.6M for the 3-day.

Edited by misafeco
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Oh, very good point, totally forgot about that.

53.3 (+6.6%) same bump as TLJ

45.3 (-15%)

would be around 188.6M for the 3-day.

Sat bump will probably have a better jump too

They are released on different weeks, they will have different trajectories 

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

The best part about Cats looking to underperform is that at least we probably don't have to worry about anyone trying to attempt making a movie out of Starlight Express. And also that "digital fur technology" is looking to go the way of Square Pictures (the ones behind 2001's Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within) or that studio that made Disney's Dinosaur the year before that.

Starlight Express is just Cinderella with trains. Works as theatre but would not work as a movie. 

Of all of Andrew Lloyd Webber's musicals, Sunset Boulevard is the most logical to adapt but it does need names in the lead roles. 

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Sat bump will probably have a better jump too

They are released on different weeks, they will have different trajectories 

I think Saturday may be a little worse. There's less imperative to see it on a Saturday if people are off school/work on Monday. 

But your point remains that trajectories are very different. 

11 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Starlight Express is just Cinderella with trains. Works as theatre but would not work as a movie. 

Of all of Andrew Lloyd Webber's musicals, Sunset Boulevard is the most logical to adapt but it does need names in the lead roles. 

I fuck with Jesus Christ Superstar

Soo?? Has TROS (The Revenge of the Shay) exploded yet?

I have promised you hundreds of millions - and I keep my word. Are they in yet? We have to bury TLJ, and the haters who hoped TROS will do Solo numbers (lol @ the poor miscreants :) ).

Edited by shayhiri

13 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I would urge people who are expecting a better Sun drop because Monday has more break to also consider the effect on the Sat bump of Friday having more break.

true dat. gatsby-thanks.png

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Just going to put in that I am no longer on the Joaquin Oscar train anymore. Driver for Marriage Story all the way, that has to be the most heartbreaking performance (and movie) I have ever seen.

It was really good but for the first 5 mins it felt I was watching Kylo Ren and Black Widow Married.

After the movie gets settled you get into those actual characters in the film. 

Clearly I watch to much SW and MCU! 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Just going to put in that I am no longer on the Joaquin Oscar train anymore. Driver for Marriage Story all the way, that has to be the most heartbreaking performance (and movie) I have ever seen.

Damn man, usually we agree but I have to disagree here. Driver was outstanding of course, but Pheonix as Joker was on a whole other level.

• Like 2