ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

1 minute ago, wattage said:

Even if it was a straight prequel I would think it should be counted but I think the movie is a prequel and sequel hybrid or something. Isn't all of the old cast coming back? 

Well…not the actual old cast. 

35 minutes ago, Eric Quinn said:

Important to note that yesterday was Rosh Hashana, which will cause closures for some districts. My district always closed for the holiday. Just so others don’t freak out if Friday/Saturday increases are poor.

I was wondering why Wild Robot, Bj and Transformers had great Thursday numbers

It never works when someone tries to "destroy" its own work cause doesn't like how It has been percevied.

I can't not think to dune messiah.

If you think people or critics are confused about your art or about what your views are etc..Just do something new about that. Destroying what you did is just stupid for the simple reason when you make art Is not only yours anymore and everyone has the right to read something on It even if you don't like It. 

I mean there are people killed inspired by taxi driver doesn't mean you need to make taxi driver 2 to explain what your previous work was about. If you want to do It you have to make something new and respect anyways your previous work was liked and create and impact also because people needed to felt it in some way. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Mufasa is going to shock a lot of people. $1.5B-$2B incoming 

Eh, Im thinking more like 1.06B for Mufasa. I’m the biggest Lion King fan there is and even I don’t think Mufasa will reach those heights. 365M DOM for Mufasa. Trust the process.

also, on the topic of a huge drop off, that’s kind of already going to happen regardless. When 1B is still a 650m drop off from the previous film. The first film made so much money the only direction is down. Even 1b drop off gets it to 650m WW

48 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

"Cult classic" is often misinterpreted. Things that become cult classics are usually memorable in a way mainstream movies of the time weren't (Night of the Living Dead, Carnival of Souls) or so incompetently made they're hilarious to watch (Robot Monster, Red Zone Cuba, Eegah). Joker 2 is a mainstream movie that's godawful. And since it's not about something people at the time are overlooking, it can't be seen as "prescient" like Waterworld was. 

You're confusing your opinion with whatever status it could have a decade or two later. There are movies I don't like at all, but still got sort of cult film status. Since this movie still has its champions, I can see it appeal to at least small groups someday, it's not Borderlands.

52 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Other genres occasionally do. 

Doctor T & The Women

Killing Them Softly

Disaster Movie

Eye of the Beholder

In The Cut

I Know Who Killed Me

Solaris

Lucky Numbers

The Box

But horror wise there are lots:

mother!, Silent House, The Turning, The Grudge (2020), The Wickerman (2006), Wolf Creek, Lost Souls, Fear Dot Com, The Devil Inside, Darkness, Bug and Alone in the Dark

Does anyone like any of the F Cinemascore films? 

I enjoyed Wolf Creek and Silent House. 

More often than not, cinemascore is just telling me how much general audience friendly a movie is. Hereditary got D+ cinemascore but to me that is the best horror, probably the best ever.

9 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Mufasa is going to shock a lot of people. $1.5B-$2B incoming 

I doubt it, but it's definitely going to benefit from a Christmas season lacking in 4 quad fare (aside from Sonic, everything else opening around the Christmas to New Year's corridor is too niche in appeal to post even something like a respectable $100M+ total ala Little Women '19).

Edited by filmlover

4 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

It never works when someone tries to "destroy" its own work cause doesn't like how It has been percevied.

I can't not think to dune messiah.

If you think people or critics are confused about your art or about what your views are etc..Just do something new about that. Destroying what you did is just stupid for the simple reason when you make art Is not only yours anymore and everyone has the right to read something on It even if you don't like It. 

I mean there are people killed inspired by taxi driver doesn't mean you need to make taxi driver 2 to explain what your previous work was about. If you want to do It you have to make something new and respect anyways your previous work was liked and create and impact also because people needed to felt it in some way. 

I think studios dont get it 

People dont want to watch iconic characters become deconstructed

lol

• Like 2