Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

24 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

LOL I have never impersonated Grace. Most of my opinions are completely different from hers + I already said that I’m male.  

You have the name and avatar of Grace. You're accurate that your opinions are different, that's how I figured it out, but look at other posters in the thread confusing you for Grace, I've seen it across multiple threads. Maybe add something to your sig or ask the mods if you can change your nick.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

If Star Wars fans violated by TLJ are truly that hell-bent on sitting the next one out, I doubt there'd be much Disney could do to convince them to come back, and I'd rather they not make a desperate effort to try.

I'm still fairly certain they'll be back, though.

Look at the numbers world wide. They are definitely hell bent on it. And yes Disney could do something or attempt to. And I would because of how much they have riding on this. This method of pushing super fans off like Sony did with Ghostbusters (guys with large followings like AVGNerd - James) didn't work then and it's not going to work now.

I think X-men days of future past will be a decent comparison for Solo since domestically at least WoM isn't quite so terrible, and assuming the 19mil Monday is correct that's similar to what X-men had despite making 2mil less on Sunday.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Not a single person said anything about your gender.  

I'm hating on you because you seem to be a fucking moron.  I would say that if you had a penis or whatever other organ or if you were a non-cis gender queer sentient being.  

Your analysis and channel suck regardless of what you were born as.  

5 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

That's not the real Grace dude.

e2d920acc649432a0876441b61c3889a.gif

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I think X-men days of future past will be a decent comparison for Solo since domestically at least WoM isn't quite so terrible, and assuming the 19mil Monday is correct that's similar to what X-men had despite making 2mil less on Sunday.

Yes, I suspect Solo will actually have decent legs domestically (and will remain awful overseas).

10 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

If Star Wars fans violated by TLJ are truly that hell-bent on sitting the next one out, I doubt there'd be much Disney could do to convince them to come back, and I'd rather they not make a desperate effort to try.

I'm still fairly certain they'll be back, though.

One of the biggest action they could have taken to bring them back onboard was bringing JJ Abrams back, but they already had announced it before TLJ release.

From Disney point of view is pretty much all they can do, the next step is giving Abrams lot of room for is strong fan service authorship and giving him a shit lot of money, I imagine they will do that if not already put on paper.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Wallstreet already going after Kennedy, there will be fallout

https://www.wsj.com/articles/solo-newest-star-wars-installment-off-to-a-slow-start-1527534820

The question becomes how do you fix this? You can bet Disney would have rather had something closer to an ESB remake than what TLJ was looking back. 

They have upcoming movies, a huge theme park area that has been designed to compete with Harry Potter at Universal, a TV series...all are going to be targeted by a divisive fan base instead of fully embraced.

There was a lot of online hate for TFA after it's release but nothing like this.

Look at The Walking Dead for an example of how quickly something can fall from grace. That season 6 (or 7 - the famous Negan episode) premiere drew the shows biggest ratings but it has yet to recover after that. It was damn near untouchable for so long with ratings 18-24 at insane levels.

Edited by somebody85

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

One of the biggest action they could have taken to bring them back onboard was bringing JJ Abrams back, but they already had announced it before TLJ release.

From Disney point of view is pretty much all they can do, the next step is giving Abrams lot of room for is strong fan service authorship and giving him a shit lot of money, I imagine they will do that if not already put on paper.

Maybe that's the solution now but I think LF's problems go back to the decisions they made with TFA itself. Either they had to commit to the three original leads or go with a brand new storyline. They chose the midway path and that just didn't work with either the existing fans or more casual blockbuster movie viewers. JJ can't do much with the three original leads now and I am not sure if a lot of the disgruntled fans are on board with whatever storylines and characters they have left after TLJ.

23 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

You have the name and avatar of Grace. You're accurate that your opinions are different, that's how I figured it out, but look at other posters in the thread confusing you for Grace, I've seen it across multiple threads. Maybe add something to your sig or ask the mods if you can change your nick.

:hahaha::Venom::insane::ohmyzod:are you fucking serious , this is hilarious....:lol::lol::lol:

15 minutes ago, Barnack said:

But he messed up already with statements like this.

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/02/jj-abrams-star-wars-last-jedi-women-1201929593/

"If you are someone who feels threatened by women and needs to lash out against them, you can probably find an enemy in ‘Star Wars.’ You can probably look at the first movie that George [Lucas] did [‘Star Wars: A New Hope’] and say that Leia was too outspoken, or she was too tough. Anyone who wants to find a problem with anything can find the problem. The internet seems to be made for that.”

The fans who weren't alt right took this as Lucasfilms viewing them as only hating the film because of it having to do with misogyny, when what they were really upset about was the treatment of Luke and the way Rey was written (not that she was a woman) among many other valid criticisms of the films story that didn't involve all this identity politics stuff (I took the time to see if their complaints were valid - because like I mentioned the videos kept showing up and I like to hear both sides). 

They aren't happy with him either. They want someone else to take over as head 

Edited by somebody85

7 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

The fans who weren't alt right took this as Lucasfilms viewing them as only hating the film because of it having to do with misogyny, when what they were really upset about was the treatment of Luke and the way Rey was written (not that she was a woman) among many other valid criticisms of the films story that didn't involve all this identity politics stuff (I took the time to see if their complaints were valid - because like I mentioned the videos kept showing up and I like to hear both sides). 

Me too I like to hear from the sane and the insane equally.