Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

one way to see 250+ dom:

15 previews stick and can do 40+28+25+21 =  93/114

2.2*114 (2.7*93) gives 251.

but that's on the brighter side of things.

it takes solo into O/U 500 ww territory...shudder.

there is precedent for that on big budget misfires if you discount china.

TLK WW-China was 376.5

JL WW-China was 552

SOLO WW-China could be 485-490 (using 50-50 Dom-OS split; so 250 OS and 10-15 from China)

9 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

one way to see 250+ dom:

15 previews stick and can do 40+28+25+21 =  93/114

2.2*114 (2.7*93) gives 251.

but that's on the brighter side of things.

it takes solo into O/U 500 ww territory...shudder.

there is precedent for that on big budget misfires if you discount china.

TLK WW-China was 376.5

JL WW-China was 552

SOLO WW-China could be 485-490 (using 50-50 Dom-OS split; so 250 OS and 10-15 from China)

If anyone had said Ready Player One OVER Solo OS and WW last year, they would have been laughed at. :hahaha:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Lord Star Wars fans are fucking cancer.

I was thinking about it, what if something like ragnarok happened in star wars. Wiping all the slate, changing the main character, lore, and all. They will go crazy.

Even something safe like tlj was enough to cause them eternal harm.

Rogue Ones first days look like this...

29 previews + 42 Friday + 46.3 Saturday + 37.7 Sunday = 126 + previews

I have this scenario for Solo w/ half of Rogue One previews

14.52 previews + 35 Friday + 40 Saturday + 36 Sunday = 125.52 w/ previews

Edited by Thematrixfilm
  • Like 1

TLJ did 64% business of TFA WW, if Solo does 64% of RO, it'll end up with 680M but it's going to drop even more looking at early OS markets trend and OW projections.So far it has dropped 65%in Taiwan and France and 40% in Italy as compared to RO. Last year POTC5 was considered a bit of disappointment but it's OS gross may end up greater than Solo WW. Boba Fett movie may actually bomb if they're not careful.

4 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

TLJ did 64% business of TFA WW, if Solo does 64% of RO, it'll end up with 680M but it's going to drop even more looking at early OS markets trend and OW projections.So far it has dropped 65%in Taiwan and France and 40% in Italy as compared to RO. Last year POTC5 was considered a bit of disappointment but it's OS gross may end up greater than Solo WW. Boba Fett movie may actually bomb if they're not careful.

Seriously do they really plan to have a Boba Fett movie? The only character from OT/PT that might have some drawing power to do a spin-off movie is Obi wan Kenobi.

Did less than our equivalent of 12M previews at my theatre tonight. Shame too, cause I watched it for a late show and really fucking loved it.

Definitely worth a try, shame that a good, very entertaining movie is always going to have to live with this stigma of box office disappointment 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Did less than our equivalent of 12M previews at my theatre tonight. Shame too, cause I watched it for a late show and really fucking loved it.

Definitely worth a try, shame that a good, very entertaining movie is always going to have to live with this stigma of box office disappointment 

Everybody seems to be very positive about Solo, I do think that the Dom opening is big enough for WoM to spread. It might have decent/good legs. 

OS this wil be harder, because even with good WoM if you open to 18k people (Sk) you won't have much people talking about it.

• Like 1