ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

5 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

God, this is going to be a long weekend isn't it? Good luck mods

I doubt it when the writing has been on the wall for this movie for a while tbh. It really does feel like everyone gave up on it completely after Venice, withholding reactions/reviews until the week of release would've resulted in an even quicker crash and burn.

Edited by filmlover

6 hours ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Welp. I just hope this doesn’t impact Gaga’s acting career too much. Joaquin might take the biggest hit due to his unprofessional behavior earlier this year. 

Surprisingly I haven’t seen any anger towards Gaga over the movie. In fact, the main criticism I’ve seen is that they apparently slashed her role significantly. I think her acting career will be okay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MightyDargon said:

Gaga will be fine, Todd Phillips will not.

Gaga's acting career? Maybe not. Joaquin's career could be damaged as well. Phillips will be fine in other studios or streaming platforms, but likely not welcome in WB anymore and won't see another big paycheck like this.

Just now, Firepower said:

Gaga's acting career? Maybe not. Joaquin's career could be damaged as well. Phillips will be fine in other studios or streaming platforms, but likely not welcome in WB anymore and won't see another big paycheck like this.

Actors rarely get blamed for a terrible script. Depp got huge movies for years after Lone Ranger.

Praying Joker 2 will be one of those sequels that make people realise how crappy the original film actually was. It was an amalgamation of Scorsese films with a Batman sticker slapped on. It was not that deep.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gaga is definitely surviving this lol. I would say Phoenix would be as well (dude got his big paycheck from it and that's all that matters), but his recent professional drama is likely putting him on a "do not call" list throughout the industry until he can prove he's insurable again. The new Ari Aster movie he has coming out next year (also starring Emma Stone, Pedro Pascal, and Austin Butler) might be the last thing we see him in for a while.

• Like 1

i feel gaga should focus on her music career anyways. This big new hit she has, the fact after covid the concert business is bigger than ever she should just do a big global stadium tour (she can sell these tickets). Instad of trying to do movies just for do it...i don't think hollywood loves her that much as I said before, she started with a musical and ended up to make only 3 movies in like 6-7 years and again a musical. At this point in this phase ishe should focus again on a music career, then at some point time can give her again the chance of a good role at the right moment but she doesn't have to act at any cost. I see her like a kinda of Cher type of entertainers, not like someone there to compete with Emma Stone and Margot Robbie in the movie business. 

Edited by vale9001

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

So just to keep track.

The fanboys hate it.

The critics hate it.

Audiences hate it.

And all three groups are clueless.

Or maybe the movie isn't that great.

FAKE NEWZ!11!!! Joker 2 best movie of all time!!! It does a billion laps on Seven Samurai and beat up Jaws and stole its lunch money!!1

Looked at the wiki synopsis and, honestly, doesn’t read like the dumpster fire I was expecting. I’m sure it’s boring in practice but there’s nowhere to go after the first movie. Obviously they shouldn’t have made it, but money 

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, AJG said:

Praying Joker 2 will be one of those sequels that make people realise how crappy the original film actually was. It was an amalgamation of Scorsese films with a Batman sticker slapped on. It was not that deep.

Hm. Why is it so important for some people to have everyone agree with them on matters of taste, as if there's only one correct perspective? You not liking Joker doesn't mean it's a definite piece of crap that others need their eyes opened about--it just means you didn't like it ;)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So just to keep track.

The fanboys hate it.

The critics hate it.

Audiences hate it.

And all three groups are clueless.

Or maybe the movie isn't that great.

The Thing was hated by both critics and audiences on release, it's not like it never happened before.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AJG said:

Just your opinion, not a fact. You sound immature.

4 minutes ago, Mandatory said:

Hm. Why is it so important for some people to have everyone agree with them on matters of taste, as if there's only one correct perspective? You not liking Joker doesn't mean it's a definite piece of crap that others need their eyes opened about--it just means you didn't like it ;)

This.

Edited by TomThomas
  • Like 1