Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

11 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

LOL... scientific.

What he did was prove it was BOTs bringing down the score with his methodology. 

Unfortunately, RT only allows 52 pages of audience reviews to be accessed or I'd go back and calculate it myself

Well the BOTS werent really counted since a score with less than one star werent included. I highly doubt that BOTS gave it a higher score than 0.5.  Either way we dont even need to use the audience score to know the truth. Its CLEAR that TLJ is very hated given that SOLO is bombing everywhere. Numbers never lie. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

Just a reminder that today is the 41st anniversary of the release of STAR WARS.

Take a chill pill everyone and celebrate a good movie.

Its been 41 years and nobody will admit that it’s just an ok movie?!?!?

Cmon people, there’s ten minutes of some guys trying to escape a trash compactor.

Edited by AJG

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

What kind of OW/4 Day we looking at?

It’ll really depend on if it’s as preview heavy as the other Star Wars films.  It could potentially not be (especially with a soft Sunday drop) but I wouldn’t bank on it

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The truth is we don't know what the 4 day will look like because we have to see if it performs like a regular Disney Star Wars movie or not.

I'm pretty sure it'll be as frontloaded as other SW movies. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Which one is $120M for? The four day?

4-day.

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Disney is running SW into the ground.

I liked TFA and I liked TLJ and I liked RO and I thought Solo was fun but I guess most people disagree. Turns out SW was not the strong brand we were let to believe.

I haven't seen Solo yet (tomorrow) but even discussing its numbers feels like a futile endeavor because it only results in a bunch of silly nonsense. Nobody bats a thousand forever; have we all forgotten about that animated Star Wars movie that bombed a decade ago?

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Disney is running SW into the ground.

I liked TFA and I liked TLJ and I liked RO and I thought Solo was fun but I guess most people disagree. Turns out SW was not the strong brand we were let to believe.

They need to take a break. No Obi-Wan movie for us.

Just now, filmlover said:

4-day.

I haven't seen Solo yet (tomorrow) but even discussing its numbers feels like futile endeavor because it only results in a bunch of silly nonsense. Nobody bats a thousand forever; have we all forgotten about that animated Star Wars movie that bombed a decade ago?

It didn’t bomb. That movie was cheap as hell. Solo

cost over 250m 

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

facepalm-jesus.jpg

Okay. I just looked up the cast list and have in fact realised, that I'd forgotten one of the main characters in the new Star Wars films is black.

However I dont remember much criticism of him being black.

1 hour ago, somebody85 said:

Really? Do you not see that many claim to not have even seen it or their review not even being about it?

There is a significant number of people that don't like it. Is it not being reflected at the box office? Should the aggregate sites not reflect the box office and level of dislike?

Edited by Rebelscum
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, oMeriMombatti said:

So an R rated Horror movie with 35M budget is going to do more than a SW film DOM, OS and WW. Who saw that coming?

I just got the reference in your username. One of my favorite comedy movies of all time.

• Like 1

Last post about this.

One star and a half - "It's not worth the money to see in theater. And Remember Folks... Rotten Tomatoes ignores all audience ratings that are less than 1 star. So if you don't care for a movie, you still have to give it 1 star to be counted in the posted average. Half star and zero star ratings are ignored."

As far as Flixster, just remember that all weekend. This shit is pathetic man. 

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

4-day.

I haven't seen Solo yet (tomorrow) but even discussing its numbers feels like a futile endeavor because it only results in a bunch of silly nonsense. Nobody bats a thousand forever; have we all forgotten about that animated Star Wars movie that bombed a decade ago?

The animated star wars movie was basically a TV movie they decided to release in theaters seeing as it was just 3 episodes of the Clone Wars stuck together

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

4-day.

Solo Budget: 250 million - Max WW gross looking at 600 million. 

Star Wars The Clone Wars:

Budget: 8.5 million 

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $35,161,554    51.5%
Foreign:  $33,121,290    48.5%

Worldwide:  $68,282,844  

Spawned a highly successful and popular TV Show

It was a flop as it was terrible but it made them money still.