Cap

Eternals Weekend Thread: 71M OW DOM, 90M OS | Dune 7.6M (-50%), NTTD 6.2M, Venom 4.5M, Spencer 2.1M

8 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

If Marvel was that petty and not shown any of those character again, we would never see Hulk characters again and outside Betty they are all returning.

Well duh, who wouldn't want to see William Hurt return as General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

20 minutes ago, akshay5 said:

So, what are we looking at multiplier-wise if it opens to 75? It does have an open month ahead of it.

Ghostbusters comes out on the 19th I wouldnt call that open. 

And maybe (but not likely tbh) one of house of gucci or resident evil will do okay the weekend after that.

15 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

If Marvel was that petty and not shown any of those character again, we would never see Hulk characters again and outside Betty they are all returning.

It took them nearly a decade to even acknowledge that movie though. And even then, William Hurt's character never even mentioned the Harlem thing by a word in the Russo Brothers movies.

Just got out of The French Dispatch a little bit ago. Such an incredibly delightful experience and an absolute dessert of a film. 

Not sure if I'll get to seeing Spencer this weekend or not. Might just save it for next weekend and do a double feature with Belfast. Eternals?.... no idea if I'll even get around to seeing that one in theaters. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Just got out of The French Dispatch a little bit ago. Such an incredibly delightful experience and an absolute dessert of a film. 

Not sure if I'll get to seeing Spencer this weekend or not. Might just save it for next weekend and do a double feature with Belfast. Eternals?.... no idea if I'll even get around to seeing that one in theaters. 

French Dispatch is a fun little movie for sure. 

Does my head in that the UK doesn't get Belfast until February, I don't get why the studios have got it in their heads that the UK needs to wait for all the prestige titles 😑

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

high profile one Dark Phoenix B-

From Reddit:

this score, it is...

• The lowest of the MCU

• Lower than every DCEU movie except one.

• Lower than all Sony Spider-Man movies (and Venom movies)

• Lower than all Fox X-Men movies except Dark Phoenix and the undefined New Mutants.

• In line with Ghost Rider, Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Catwoman, Daredevil, Elektra, Fantastic Four (2005), Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Glass, TMNT 2014, Bloodshot, Green Lantern, Constantine, Watchmen and Batman Returns. While these movies can vary in quality, very few of them have good legs and the markets aren't comparable.

• Haha 4
  • Disbelief 1

4 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:
ETERNALS (2021)B

I’m not one to go by Cinemascore, as horror always goes low. But I know it holds a lot of power for these superhero films and I also know from the Eternals thread that the lowest fans were expecting was a B+. 

Lowest for any MCU film is obviously a glaring sign though. 

19 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Little Bob: Fuck Marvel Studios and their exclusively theater window. Streaming level movie should go streaming. 

Could you just imagine the meltdowns that would be going on right now in this thread if this had been available on D+, even at the PA tier?  Dodged a bullet big time there.