Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

24 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

I can't wait to see all the losers who will post this thing in his congratulatory message to Endgame like they did with Titanic. As if the guy who has 700mn net worth, Oscars up the ass, a beautiful family, one of the most successful careers of all time as a director will be crying over this. Yeah you sure showed him kid!

He's not triggered or crying, his fans are. I doubt he even cares.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

He's not triggered or crying, his fans are. I doubt he even cares.

It might sting him a little, but you know, he's got some shit going on for himself... he'll be fine..

As for Cameron fans well, I don't think anyone is changing their views or attitude.  I guess most of us are a bit critical of the MCU, but for my part it is still something I enjoy taking over. Just a shame about Cameron's legendary streak at the top, Endgame not passing would have at least added a few more years to that, GODDAMN IT

But let's not pretend the MCU fans would have taken it any better, I swear some of them were incapable of conceiving any other outcomes even though it got this close. Vision or blind optimism? hard to say 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

I can't wait to see all the losers who will post this thing in his congratulatory message to Endgame like they did with Titanic. As if the guy who has 700mn net worth, Oscars up the ass, a beautiful family, one of the most successful careers of all time as a director will be crying over this. Yeah you sure showed him kid!

My post wasn't even directed at Cameron but his unbearable fans. Although I'm pretty sure he shed a few tears over Alita bombing. Wonder what his reaction will be when A2 fails to even match Jurassic World. 

1 hour ago, HeadShot said:

My post wasn't even directed at Cameron but his unbearable fans. Although I'm pretty sure he shed a few tears over Alita bombing.

I know what your post was about, I just took the occasion to talk about Marvel's unbearable fans.

Alita is getting a lot of love though, you'd be surprised. Better that, than a movie making a lot like Suicide Squads, but that everyone hates after the fact. And I'm sure he had his hopes in check given that Rodriguez's last two movies were actual bombs (although low budget).

Wonder what his reaction will be when A2 fails to even match Jurassic World. 

Something like this probably:

I mean he could make literally 0 dollar with Avatar 2 and he would still have a far better batting average than with how the MCU started.

Edited by Alexdube
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, 75Live said:

Oh they definitely are which is why I put them all on ignore. 😛

Much easier to get through some threads. Even better, without them purposely trying to get the threads they don't like closed

And I love almost all Cameron's films.  Heck I have 4 versions of Titanic from VHS to two dvd sets to the special box version that looks like part of the boat in blu ray.   Multiple Terminator versions 1 and 2.  True Lies, Aliens, heck I like The Abyss when most dump on it.  I felt Avatar was subpar for him. I saw it in 3d in the theater and on blu ray.  I don't feel bad for saying that i don't like it.  It isn't garbage but I have zero reason to see it again.  I tried twice and it didn't work for me either time. 

I'm sure I'll give the sequel a chance at some point but I won't be rushing out to see it.

Pretty much the way I feel. "Avatar" is Cameron's weakest film. He does seem to have gotten so wrapped up in the visual aspects he sort of settled for a subpar story and thin charectarazations. Hope he gets a better balance in Avatar 2.

Avatar is the first Cameron film I did not get a DVD/Blu Ray of.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Thomas Beck said:

What happened to the Nolanites?

he stopped them so we could loose ambition, come back down to earth, and vote Republican because fantasy is a world emergency

Edited by 2010s Painkiller Race
  • Haha 1

On 7/7/2019 at 8:59 AM, WhiteWings said:

Waiting for Endgame to pass Avatar

DNsXXq9.jpg

Your wait is over.

On 6/18/2019 at 3:12 AM, IronJimbo said:

I'm not so good with numbers guys I'm gonna need some help here...

When does EG pass Avatar?

On 6/4/2019 at 7:26 AM, JamesCameronScholar said:

Any updates on when EG is going to pass Avatar? :jeb!:

• Like 5
  • Haha 3