The Panda

BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time: 2018 Edition - DEADLINE IS TODAY! SEND A LIST!

33 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Same here - I don't see my name, but I'm not changing...

If you lost it, you can just find my post from this thread...

1 hour ago, Rorschach said:

So if my name isn’t on the list, does that mean you’ve already counted mine?

Just wondering. My list is gonna stay the same regardless.

I haven’t counted y’alls yet.  I was mostly trying to name people who hadn’t sent in lists yet.

• Like 1

Just to clarify, that wasn’t the list of names who sent in lists.

If you want to double check with me to see if I got your lists you can.  

I was trying to list people who hadn’t sent in lists that I believed might be interested in sending one!  Sorry for the confusion!

• Like 1

I'll just submit a top 10, don't really feel like ranking 100 films.  Here's my list I'll submit (although it's probably not reflective of my actual top 10)

1. Boyhood
  2. Titanic
  3. The Shining
  4. Jurassic Park
  5. 2001: A Space Odyssey
  6. Raiders of the Lost Ark
  7. There Will Be Blood
  8. Inglourious Basterds
  9. Chinatown
  10. Fight Club
  • Like 2

Just now, That Ambitious Guy said:

I'll just submit a top 10, don't really feel like ranking 100 films.  Here's my list I'll submit (although it's probably not reflective of my actual top 10)

1. Boyhood
  2. Titanic
  3. The Shining
  4. Jurassic Park
  7. There Will Be Blood
  8. Inglourious Basterds
  9. Chinatown
  10. Fight Club

My suggestion would be if you’re feeling lazy submit at least a top 25 or 35 as everything you submit up to 35 nets 4+ points for the movie (a lot when it comes to pushing a movie you like up the list.  Most movies on the list end up a few points away from moving up higher when all’s said and done) and up to 50 nets 3+.  

The exact ordering also doesn’t matter beyond the cut off points as I’m not planning on trying differentiate points between somebody’s 61st or 60th ranking as that’s rather pointless imo (2 and 3 net same amount, 4 and 5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-25, 26-35, 36-50, and 51-75, 76-100) 

17 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

1. Boyhood
  2. Titanic
  3. The Shining
  4. Jurassic Park
  7. There Will Be Blood
  8. Inglourious Basterds
  9. Chinatown
  10. Fight Club

i got 6 more for you if you want to hit panda's suggestion of 35

I could go through and add in more films but ehhhh I'm not in a ranking mood today.  Plus I don't like picking favorites of all time.  maybe this attitude will change the next time we do this all time list, but I definitely prefer yearly rankings (speaking of which, when are we doing a 2008, 1998, 1988, etc. revisiting?)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

I could go through and add in more films but ehhhh I'm not in a ranking mood today.  Plus I don't like picking favorites of all time.  maybe this attitude will change the next time we do this all time list, but I definitely prefer yearly rankings (speaking of which, when are we doing a 2008, 1998, 1988, etc. revisiting?)

If you want you can send in a list within these next few weeks.  Today’s not the real deadline, it’s just the deadline to make edits (so if you say, void my list until I send in a new one I’ll do that, as long as you do it today)

But it’s up to you, 10 movies is quicker to score but I just want to make sure everyone who submits a list can feel like their voice was heard equally.

16 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Was planning on turning in my list as late as possible but I WILL do one. I promise.

SO far...

1) San Andreas

2) The Lost World

3) The Mummy Returns

hahahaha

A few people legitimately put The Lost World in their lists.

• Astonished 1

22 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Was planning on turning in my list as late as possible but I WILL do one. I promise.

SO far...

1) San Andreas

2) The Lost World

3) The Mummy Returns

hahahaha

There are days on this forum when people make me rethink my policy against having an ignore list. Some things are simply not funny.

Edited by LonePirate
  • ...wtf 1

for anyone who wants a refresher on my ballot

On 07/03/2018 at 2:38 AM, CoolioD1 said:

my list panda i'll pm this closer to the deadline but i doubt there's gonna be any changes. 

Reveal hidden contents

7 hours ago, baumer said:

Do we really have to wait another 2 weeks for this?

I think we're all anxious to get it going.  People have had long enough.  

I could move up the date but there’s lots of people who haven’t gotten their lists in.  I’ve started scoring already

• Like 1