chasmmi

Top 100 Video Game Characters Poll - Deadline October 17th

The top 100 movies video game characters poll returns!

All you have to do is submit a list of characters at least 15 characters long, and your list will be counted. 

There are not a lot of rules, almost anything is eligible. The only exceptions are:

* Only one iteration of the same character per list. Don't vote for seven different forms of Sonic or whomever.

* No more than 6 characters from a single game. Big crossover games like smash bros, Playstation heroes etc do not count though.

If a list is not ordered from 1st to whatever, an average score will be given to everyone on the list based on the size of the list.    

Spoiler

1st 50 pts

2nd 42pts

3rd 35pts

4-5th 32pts

6-7th 28pts

8-10th 25pts

11-15th 22pts

16-20th 20pts

21-25th 18pts

26-30th 16pts

31-35th 14pts

36-40th 12pts

41-50th 10pts

51-60th 8pts

61-70th 6pts

71-80th 4pts

81-90th 2pts

91-100th 1pts

Multiple Vote Bonuses: (Total)

2 Votes - 30pts

4 votes - 36pts

6 votes - 42pts

8 votes - 50pts

10 votes - 60pts

12 votes - 72pts

Every subsequent 2 votes - 12pts 

Please PM lists to me. 

I've played a lot more video games since the last iteration of the list, so I think I'll try to make a bigger list this time!

I'm playing through Fire Emblem: Three Houses (and loving it), but I'll try not to allow any bias to slip through as much as I can. I should probably limit myself to five characters per single game. That way I don't put too many random Fire Emblem units into the game, and that way my list isn't overloaded with too many Overwatch heroes, either. There's only so many characters that are *that* interesting.

I think I'll come up with a fun list. But it'll be a list of characters that I personally like!

5 hours ago, cannastop said:

What if I want to submit all the heroes of the Dragon Quest series as one? Smash Bros style.

👀

I think I'll help you by voting for the hero from the ninth game. The ninth game was my first Dragon Quest game. I loved that game a heck of a lot. And I'll probably vote for the Slime, too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SLAM! said:

I think I'll help you by voting for the hero from the ninth game. The ninth game was my first Dragon Quest game. I loved that game a heck of a lot. And I'll probably vote for the Slime, too.

But that one barely even has a default look.

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

But that one barely even has a default look.

I think that's exactly why I like him. (Of course, if I had played more Dragon Quest games than the ninth one, I'd definitely have more of them on my list; but alas.)

21 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Wasn't around last time this was done but looking through the results I think someone sent and entire list of just Pokemon.:lol:

On my list, I have more of the human characters from Pokemon than the actual pocket monsters...

The only actual Pokemon I have is Gengar...

Edited by SLAM!

On 9/3/2019 at 10:37 PM, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Wasn't around last time this was done but looking through the results I think someone sent and entire list of just Pokemon.:lol:

They only sent 521 pokemon. Not all of them

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

I'm bored today so I decided to post my Top 100 list that I sent in for this. I'll provide a write-up for my top 10, and post the rest as a simplistic list.

Spoiler

10) Wii Fit Trainer

So this is probably bias because Wii Fit Trainer is actually my main in Smash Bros. Ultimate, but I nevertheless have a fondness for the character. Nintendo did a good job designing the character because he/she really invites you to exercise.

9) Guybrush Threepwood

I've only played about 20% of The Secret of Monkey Island, but I think Guybrush is a pretty good character. He has a lot of memorable attributes. I thought it'd be good to support him for the list because I think it'd be cool if a character from a classic point-n'-click game made the list.

8 ) Professor Layton

I love the Professor Layton games and all their puzzles. I also think that Professor Layton is a great role model--one of Nintendo's best.

7) Clementine (Telltale's The Walking Dead)

It's been really cool to see Clementine grow as a character over the course of four game seasons. She's definitely one of the most important female video game character in history.

6) Ryu (Street Fighter)

Ryu may seem bland at first glance, but his stoicism and honest reason to fight are what make him a fascinating main character of the Street Fighter series. Shoryuken!

5) Mokoto (Street Fighter)

Out of all the Street Fighter characters who can shoot fireballs from the palms of their hands, harness electricity, and stretch their bodies to land long-ranged hits, Mokoto stands out in an inspiring way by fighting with plain old karate. It puts a smile on my face when Mokoto beats someone like Akuma. Hopefully she'll be added to Street Fighter V sooner than later.

4) Pit

He's an angel with a cool personality. I can't not vote him highly.

3) Miles "Tails" Prowler

He's always in Sonic's shadow, always been an unwavering supporter of his friends. The fact that Sonic Adventure has Tails acknowledge that he can fight on his own makes me respect him very much as a character.

2) Captain Olimar

As far as video game characters go, there isn't any strategists quite like Olimar. The way he utilizes the Pikmin, and the way the Pikmin help him make it back to his home planet, is something truly inspiring to see. The design is awesome, too.

1) Lee Everett (Telltale's The Walking Dead)

He was my #1 last time, and he's my #1 this time. Clementine has four games to grow her character, but Lee Everett manages to be a memorable, well-rounded, and impactful character while only starring in the first game. One of the most important characters in video game history.

My Full List:

Spoiler

1. Lee Everett (The Walking Dead)
2. Captain Olimar (Pikmin)
3. Tails
4. Pit
5. Mokoto (Street Fighter)
6. Ryu (Street Fighter)
7. Clementine (The Walking Dead)
8. Professor Layton
9. Guybrush Threepwood
10. Wii Fit Trainer
11. Fox McCloud
12. Kasumi (Dead or Alive)
13. Sonic
14. Luigi
15. John Marston
16. Donkey Kong
17. AiAi
18. Marth
19. Tom Nook
20. Chun-Li
21. GLaDOS
22. Meta Knight
23. Yoshi
24. Knuckles
25. Chibi-Robo
26. Samus Aran
27. Robin (Fire Emblem)
28. Ken (Street Fighter)
29. Helix (ARMS)
30. E-102 Gamma
31. Solid Snake
32. Master Chief
33. Gengar
34. Peach
35. Beat
36. Dmitri (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
37. Trico (The Last Guardian)
38. Luke Triton (Professor Layton series)
39. Sora
40. Hyper Light Drifter
41. Hau (Sun & Moon)
42. Mable (Animal Crossing)
43. Shovel Knight
44. Chrom
45. Ryu Hayabusa
46. Ness
47. Hero (Dragon Quest IX)
48. Birdo
49. Ephraim (Fire Emblem)
50. Niko Bellic
51. Toad
52. Lara Croft
53. King (Tekken)
54. Diddy Kong
55. Wheatley
56. Raul Menendez
57. Bomberman
58. Pianta
59. Fulgore
60. Wes (Pokemon Colosseum)
61. MeeMee
62. Link
63. Cuphead
64. Tracer
65. Kenny (The Walking Dead)
66. Bill (Left 4 Dead)
67. Mae Borowski (Night in the Woods)
68. Strider Hiryu
69. Chloe Price (Life is Strange)
70. Rochelle (Left 4 Dead)
71. Ryo Hazuki
72. Isaac
73. Miror B. (Pokemon Colosseum)
74. Francis (Left 4 Dead)
75. Soldier 76
76. Dhalsim
77. Max Caulfield (Life is Strange)
78. Zoey (Left 4 Dead)
79. Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge)
80. Hatty Hattington (Battleblock Theater)
81. Mario
82. King Dedede
83. Slime
84. Coach (Left 4 Dead)
85. Kirby
86. Boo
87. Professor Oak
88. The Stork (Yoshi franchise)
89. Jago
90. Zenyatta
91. Louis (Left 4 Dead)
92. Delilah (Firewatch)