Eric Duncan

Steven Spielberg Countdown | One Man, 32 Movies | Will accept late submissions via PM

Perfect timing for me since I 've been rewatching all summer many post-2000 Spielberg movies that I haven't seen in a while. There's some of his lesser known films that I barely remember what happens in them, but I'm not rewatching Amistad. Life's too short for that.

1. Jaws

2. ET

3. Raiders of the Lost Ark

4. A.I.

5. Close Encounters of the 3d Kind

6. Catch me if you Can

7. IJ and the Temple of Doom

8. Jurassic Park

9. Minority Report

10. Schindler's List

11. IJ andthe Last Crusade

12. Munich

13. Duel

14. Saving Private Ryan

15. The adventures of Tintin

16. Lincoln

17. The Sugarland Express

18. Bridge of Spies

19. War of the Worlds

20. The Post

21. The Color Purple

22. IJ and the Kingdom of Crystal Skull

23. Empire of the Sun

24. The Lost World: Jurassic Park

25. Ready Player One

26. 1941

27. Hook

28. The BFG

29. The Terminal

30. War Horse

31. Amistad

32. Always

20/32 good movies imo, nice ratio for someone as prolific as Spielberg.

Just as a quick update to everybody here:

As a part of Wondyful Projections, presented by @Cap, there will be a screening of the 1971 classic Duel, arguably the introduction of Spielberg to the masses. It is happening on November 28 @ 2PM, so please come on down if you haven't seen this film. I know I will, provided my job doesn't force me to do otherwise.

And of course, you still have until November 30 to PM me your list. And remember, if you want your list to count, you have to PM me. NO EXCEPTIONS. It makes things easier on my end because I get to see each user's list in an individual piece. So to @Rorschach @The Panda @charlie Jatinder @Angst essen Seele auf @Joel M, if you want your list to count, you need to PM me your list, or else your faves will not do well.

• Like 3

On 11/11/2020 at 9:37 PM, Eric Karga said:

Just as a quick update to everybody here:

As a part of Wondyful Projections, presented by @Cap, there will be a screening of the 1971 classic Duel, arguably the introduction of Spielberg to the masses. It is happening on November 28 @ 2PM, so please come on down if you haven't seen this film. I know I will, provided my job doesn't force me to do otherwise.

And of course, you still have until November 30 to PM me your list. And remember, if you want your list to count, you have to PM me. NO EXCEPTIONS. It makes things easier on my end because I get to see each user's list in an individual piece. So to @Rorschach @The Panda @charlie Jatinder @Angst essen Seele auf @Joel M, if you want your list to count, you need to PM me your list, or else your faves will not do well.

I'm planning to watch more of his films throughout the month so that's why I haven't submitted a list yet.

Here's my full 32. I dislike everything from War Of The Worlds down and usually wouldn't include them in a list. But having seen every possible film, I may as well list them all.

1 Schindler's List
2 Jaws
3 Saving Private Ryan
4 Empire Of The Sun
5 Ready Player One
6 E.T: The Extra-Terrestrial
7 Raiders Of The Lost Ark
8 Bridge Of Spies
9 Lincoln
10 Minority Report
11 Munich
12 Catch Me If You Can
13 The Sugarland Express
14 The Last Crusade
15 The Colour Purple
16 The Adventures Of Tintin
17 Amistad
18 Jurassic Park
19 The BFG
20 The Temple Of Doom
21 A.I. Artificial Intelligence
22 War Horse
23 The Terminal
24 The Post
25 The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
26 Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
27 The Lost World: Jurassic Park
28 War Of The Worlds
29 Duel
30 Hook
31 Always
32 1941

Reminder to everybody you have T-8 days to PM me your list. And remember, it must be through PM for it to qualify.

I am @ing both people who have and have not submitted a list. If you have already PMed me your list, feel free to ignore this post. If not, just remember you have 8 days. Get it in soon, or forever hold your peace

@#ED @Porthos @4815162342 @75Live @A Star is Orm @a2k @aabattery @ACSlater @AJG @Alpha @AndyLL @angeldelmito @Arlborn @Barnack @baumer @Biggestgeekever @Blaze Heatnix @boomboom234 @Boxofficerules @BoxOfficeFangrl @BoxOfficeZ @Brainbug @Captain Craig @CaptainJackSparrow @Catty @cdsacken @cax16 @Jedi Jat @chasmmi @ChD @Chewy @ChipMunky @CJohn @Claire of Themyscira @Cmasterclay @cookie @CoolioD1 @DAJK @darkelf @Darth Lehnsherr @Daxtreme @ddddeeee @DeeCee @Deja23 @EarlyDeadlinePredictions @Eevin @el sid @ElsaRoc @elcaballero @Empire @EmpireCity @Exxdee @Fancyarcher @FantasticBeasts @Films @Finnick @FlashMaster659 @franfar @Frozen @FrozenUnicorn @FrozenFan626 @Goffe @Gopher @grim22 @IceFire9yt @Inceptionzq @IronJimbo @Ithil @Jack Nevada @James @Jandrew @Jason @Jayhawk @Jim Shorts @JimiQ @JJ-8 @justvision @K1stpierre @Kalderic @Kalo @kayumanggi @KeepItU25071906 @kitik @Krissykins @lilmac @Lion Roar @LonePirate @m3racer123 @Mattrek @MCKillswitch123 @Mekanos @Menor @Michael Gary Scott @Mike Hunt @misafeco @Morieris @MovieMan89 @Spaghetti @MrGlass2 @Ms Lady Hawk @Mulder @Napoleon @narniadis @Neo @Noctis @Nova @Olive @Ozymandias @peludo @Porthos @RandomCat @RealLyre @Rebeccas @reddevil18 @redfirebird2008 @RichWS @RobrtmanAStarWarsReference @Rorschach @rukaio101 @Sam @sfran43 @Shawn @Sheikh @ShouldIBeHere @SLAM! @Spidey Freak @TalismanRing @tawasal @terrestrial @That One Guy @The Fast and the Furiosa @ThiagoMaia @titanic2187 @TLK @Tower @tribefan695 @trifle @TwoMisfits @VanillaSkies @vc2002 @VenomXXR @ViewerAnon @Walt Disney @Water Bottle @Webslinger @Wrath @WrathOfHan @YourMother the Edgelord @ZeeSoh @Jake Gittes  @Plain Old Tele @Ethan Hunt @Xillix @Rorschach @YourMother the Edgelord @Reddroast @Jandrew @grim22 @MrPink @chasmmi  @Eric in Boots @Blankments @MrGamer @Cap @CJohn @charlie Jatinder @tribefan695 @Empire @Jayhawk the Hutt @Sal @DAJK @ZeeSoh @carolwoodpr @RealLyre @Arendelle Legion @aabattery @TMP

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

This was tough! Decided to just submit a solid 10 since a lot of his merely good to lesser efforts sorta blend together in terms of quality with no real preference but his filmography is so strong overall that it was difficult leaving off some of the greats (like The Color Purple, Munich, etc.).

1. Schindler's List

2. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

3. Raiders of the Lost Ark

4. Jurassic Park

5. Jaws

6. Saving Private Ryan

7. Close Encounters of the Third Kind

8. Minority Report

9. Lincoln

10. Catch Me If You Can

Just as a reminder you have two days left to PM me your list. Only 13 have been submitted thus far, so it's still anyone's game. If you have already submitted a list, please disregard the following @

@#ED @Porthos @4815162342 @75Live @A Star is Orm @a2k @aabattery @ACSlater @AJG @Alpha @AndyLL @angeldelmito @Arlborn @Barnack @baumer @Biggestgeekever @Blaze Heatnix @boomboom234 @Boxofficerules @BoxOfficeFangrl @BoxOfficeZ @Brainbug @Captain Craig @CaptainJackSparrow @Catty @cdsacken @cax16 @Jedi Jat @chasmmi @ChD @Chewy @ChipMunky @CJohn @Claire of Themyscira @Cmasterclay @cookie @CoolioD1 @DAJK @darkelf @Darth Lehnsherr @Daxtreme @ddddeeee @DeeCee @Deja23 @EarlyDeadlinePredictions @Eevin @el sid @ElsaRoc @elcaballero @Empire @EmpireCity @Exxdee @Fancyarcher @FantasticBeasts @Films @Finnick @FlashMaster659 @franfar @Frozen @FrozenUnicorn @FrozenFan626 @Goffe @Gopher @grim22 @IceFire9yt @Inceptionzq @IronJimbo @Ithil @Jack Nevada @James @Jandrew @Jason @Jayhawk @Jim Shorts @JimiQ @JJ-8 @justvision @K1stpierre @Kalderic @Kalo @kayumanggi @KeepItU25071906 @kitik @Krissykins @lilmac @Lion Roar @LonePirate @m3racer123 @Mattrek @MCKillswitch123 @Mekanos @Menor @Michael Gary Scott @Mike Hunt @misafeco @Morieris @MovieMan89 @Spaghetti @MrGlass2 @Ms Lady Hawk @Mulder @Napoleon @narniadis @Neo @Noctis @Nova @Olive @Ozymandias @peludo @Porthos @RandomCat @RealLyre @Rebeccas @reddevil18 @redfirebird2008 @RichWS @RobrtmanAStarWarsReference @Rorschach @rukaio101 @Sam @sfran43 @Shawn @Sheikh @ShouldIBeHere @SLAM! @Spidey Freak @TalismanRing @tawasal @terrestrial @That One Guy @The Fast and the Furiosa @ThiagoMaia @titanic2187 @TLK @Tower @tribefan695 @trifle @TwoMisfits @VanillaSkies @vc2002 @VenomXXR @ViewerAnon @Walt Disney @Water Bottle @Webslinger @Wrath @WrathOfHan @YourMother the Edgelord @ZeeSoh @Jake Gittes  @Plain Old Tele @Ethan Hunt @Xillix @Rorschach @YourMother the Edgelord @Reddroast @Jandrew @grim22 @MrPink @chasmmi  @Eric in Boots @Blankments @MrGamer @Cap @CJohn @charlie Jatinder @tribefan695 @Empire @Jayhawk the Hutt @Sal @DAJK @ZeeSoh @carolwoodpr @RealLyre @Arendelle Legion @aabattery @TMP

On 11/26/2020 at 11:38 AM, filmlover said:

Decided to just submit a solid 10

Same!  I ended up with:

1. Jurassic Park
  2. Jaws
  3. Close Encounters of The Third Kind
  4. Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade
  5. 1941
  6. ET
  7. Schindler’s List
  8. Hook
  9. Catch Me If You Can
  10. Empire of The Sun

Because much to @Plain Old Tele’s Chagrin, I ranked mind based off of my favorite John Williams’ scores  And sorry not sorry, Hook and 1941 are fantastic.

I went back-and-forth between Jaws and Jurassic Park. I don’t particularly like Jaws, but I firmly believe that movie is so iconic because of the score. It does about 94% of the work. The other 5% is that brilliant scene of the three of them on the boat talking about the Annapolis. With the last 1%, obviously, being that line: “you’re gonna need a bigger boat.”

But I have to give it to Jurassic Park. The “Welcome to Jurassic Park” Scene is such a mic drop. It’s what movies are made for. 🥰🥰

• Disbelief 1