cannastop

BOT's Top 100 *Animated* Films of All Time - deadline October 7, 2024

2 hours ago, baumer said:

Very dumb question but do the illumination films not count for animation? I don't think I've seen one of their films on anybody's list here so far. Maybe it's just that everybody hates illumination and can't find a spot for them in the top 100 or maybe they don't count. Enlighten me please

Of course Illumination movies are eligible (except for Hop). Don't know about everyone else, but personally I have seen 2 movies from Illumination, the original Despicable Me and Mario, and dislike both of them. This is despite both of them supposedly being amongst the better Illumination, so I really don't have any desire to see more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tower said:

Of course Illumination movies are eligible (except for Hop). Don't know about everyone else, but personally I have seen 2 movies from Illumination, the original Despicable Me and Mario, and dislike both of them. This is despite both of them supposedly being amongst the better Illumination, so I really don't have any desire to see more.

I hear you bro, it's not that I love any illumination film but at least in my eyes are enjoyable so for me they will deserve a place on this list seeing as for whatever reason I have a hard time really getting into today's modern animation. So thanks for the response much appreciated.

52 minutes ago, baumer said:

I hear you bro, it's not that I love any illumination film but at least in my eyes are enjoyable so for me they will deserve a place on this list seeing as for whatever reason I have a hard time really getting into today's modern animation. So thanks for the response much appreciated.

Put whatever you want to put.

I mean I'm sure I wouldn't have even heard about many movies that'll be put on the list, my list will be mostly Disney, Pixar, DreamWorks and mostly popular animated movies.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tower said:

I have about 50 entries on my list and this made me realize I have 0 Illumination.

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

I have about 50 entries on my list and this made me realize I have 0 Illumination.

I got my baseline list for 100 with some more films I want to watch and I have no Illumination.

7 hours ago, baumer said:

Animation is not quite my temple and if I do make a list it's going to be top heavy with all the classic Disney movies because that's what I watched when I was a kid. 

Very dumb question but do the illumination films not count for animation? I don't think I've seen one of their films on anybody's list here so far. Maybe it's just that everybody hates illumination and can't find a spot for them in the top 100 or maybe they don't count. Enlighten me please

I have four Illumination movies on my ranking. The first two Despicable Me movies, Sing and Super Mario Bros. I think the first Despicable Me movie is actually great and their best movie to date, second one was also good. Sing was pretty good and Mario is not a good movie but it is a total blast if you have played the games. The rest of their movies are really mediocre. 

Not Illumination but I also have really fond memories of the Ice Age franchise, hence why the first four are on my ranking. I remember my parents took me to watch the first one and since then we have seen all of them in theaters, even the horrific Ice Age: Collision Course. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AN9815 said:

Not Illumination but I also have really fond memories of the Ice Age franchise, hence why the first four are on my ranking. I remember my parents took me to watch the first one and since then we have seen all of them in theaters, even the horrific Ice Age: Collision Course. 

Funny enough, Chris Melandandri used to run Fox Animation/Blue Sky back in the 2000s. He took what he learned from their to run Illumination.

1.        The Land Before Time

2.        All Dogs go to Heaven

3.        The Dark Knight Returns Part II

4.        An American Tail

5.        Toy Story

6.        Toy Story 3

7.        The Dark Knight Returns Part I

8.        Lego Movie 2

9.        Toy Story 2

10.   The Lego Movie

11.   Iron Giant

12.   Ratatouille

13.   Wreck-it Ralph

14.   Pinocchio

15.   Animal Farm

16.   The Land Before Time V

17.   Monsters Inc

18.   Coco

19.   The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

20.   Plague Dogs

21.   Justice League vs Fatal Five

22.   The Hobbit

23.   Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island

24.   Balto

25.   Batman the Doom that came to Gotham

26.   The Land Before Time VII

27.   Batman Under the Red Hood

28.   The Flight of Dragons

29.   The Emperor’s New Groove

30.   The Land Before Time III

31.   The Brave Little Toaster

32.   The Secret of NIMH

33.   Justice League Gods and Monsters

34.   Monsters University

35.   Arthur Christmas

36.   Up

37.   Kung Fu Panda

38.   Beauty and the Beast

39.   A Goofy Movie

40.   Puss N Boots the Last Wish

41.   Scooby-Doo and Batman the Brave and the Bold

42.   Kung Fu Panda 3

43.   Lilo and Stitch

44.   Rise of the Guardians

45.   Scooby-Doo Legend of the Phantosaur

46.   Kung Fu Panda 2

47.   Dumbo

48.   Soul

49.   Pooh’s Grand Adventure

50.   The Mitchells vs the Machines

51.   Reign of the Supermen

52.   Wall-E

53.   Finding Nemo

54.   Into the Spider-Verse

55.   Justice League Crisis on Two Earths      

56.   The Lord of the Rings

57.   Mulan

58.   The Land Before Time II

59.   The Incredibles

60.   Curious George

61.   Bartok the Magnificent

62.   The Land Before Time X

63.   Cars

64.   Shrek 2

65.   Finding Dory

66.   The Good Dinosaur

67.   A Bug’s Life

68.   An American Tail III

69.   Cats Don’t Dance

70.   Batman Mask of the Phantasm

71.   Batman Beyond the Return of the Joker

72.   The Peanuts Movie

73.   Justice League the New Frontier

74.   Big Hero 6

75.   The Adventures of Prince Achmed

76.   Tom and Jerry the Fast and the Furry 

77.   Frozen

78.   The Lion King 1 ½

79.   The Lion King

80.   The Lego Batman Movie

81.   101 Dalmatians

82.   The Rescuers

83.   Corpse Bride

84.   The Seventh Brother

85.   Titan A.E.

86.   Lego DC Superhero: Batman Family Matters

87.   Shrek Forever After

88.   Green Lantern First Flight

89.   Prince of Egypt

90.   Anastasia

91.   Toy Story 4

92.   Despicable Me

93.   Charlotte’s Web

94.   Ice Age

95.   Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs

96.   Shrek

97.   Superman Vs The Elite

98.   Lego DC Superhero: Shazam Magic and Monsters

99.   Gulliver’s Travels

100. Leroy and Stitch

Made myself a watchlist to reference over the next month or so. Planning on diving into it once I finish my ongoing Tim Burton marathon.

1920s: Adventures of Prince Achmed

1930s: Gulliver’s Travels

1940s: Mr. Bug Goes to Town

1950s: Cinderella

1960s: The Fabulous Baron Munchausen

1970s: Watership Down / Wizards / Belladonna of Sadness

1980s: The Last Unicorn / The Secret of NIMH / Heavy Metal

1990s: Anastasia / Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade / Cats Don’t Dance

2000s: Millenium Actress / Paprika / Persepolis / Waking Life / Interstella 5555

2010s: It’s Such a Beautiful Day / The Book of Life / Song of the Sea

2020s: The First Slam Dunk / The Summit of the Gods / The Peasants

For the record, I have seen Cinderella and Anastasia before, but it's been so long that watching them now might as well be my first times for both.

• Like 2

One month reminder for the list

21C@35MM-18@3jp@4815162342@75Live@8wombi7@A Star is Orm@abra@abracadabra1998@AdrianL@Alex SciChannel@Alexdube@Amadeus@Anduin@AndyK@AndyLL@AnotherDayAnotherDollar@A Marvel Fanboy@A Star is Orm@a2k@aabattery@Agafin@AJG@ando@AN9815@Arlborn@ACSlater@andersonhoran@AnDr3s@Andreas@AniNate@Aristis@Ash Skywalker@Asyulus@Avatree@BadOlCatSylvester@Barnack@ban1o@belblazer@BestPicturePlutoNash@Blipsy@Blaze Heatnix@bleachella@BoxOfficeFangrl@Box Office Hit@Boxofficerules@BoxOfficeZ@baumer@BeastByTheBay@Biggestgeekever@Bigscrubnus@Brandon Gray@Borf the Borf@Bordlove@Borobudur@Bruce@BruiseCruise@B J@bcf26@BourneFan #1@Black Hawk@Black Panther@Blackout@Brainbug@Caboose@Carlangonz@cannastop@CaptNathanBrittles@catlover@Caesar@Caylu@cdsacken@Cedarpoint1111@cedec0@CJohn@Chaz@Cheddar Please@ChipDerby@cheesypoofs@Claudio@Coldbird@Coneilg93@Claire of Themyscira@Cmasterclay@cmbbox2390@Cap@Captain Craig@Cappoedameron@CrashBandicoot81@cruelintentionsisgoated@Cruel Summer@cookie@CoolioD1@CoolK@cax16@ChD@Catty@Chewy@cdsacken@DAJK@Dandeak2000@Danhjpn@DAR@darkelf@Darth Lehnsherr@Daxtreme@datpepper@Dbui8743@DC Rich@ddddeeee@DeeCee@Deep Wang@Deja23@DlAMONDZ@Doffy@Dominic Draper@Dragoncaine@druv10@Djsoke@DlAMONDZ@DMan7@DoctorWho@Dragon@dudalb@Durden@#ED@EarlyDeadlinePredictions@ecstasy@Eevin@efialtes76@El Gato@el sid@El Squibbonator@Elessar@elcaballero@ElsaRoc@Empire@Eric the Lion@Essem@Ethan Edwards@Ethan Hunt@european1992@excel1@exomassey@expensiveho@Ezen Baklattan@fabiopazzo2@Factcheck@Fancyarcher@FantasticBeasts@filmlover@filmnerdjamie@FilmFincher@Finnick@Firepower@Fielding@Flamengo81@fmpro@franfar@Fullbuster@Galactic Specter@Gamora@Gavin Feng@George Parr@Grebacio@Giesi@Goffe@Godzilla@Gokai Red@Goldenhour36@Gopher@GOXOG@Grebacio@grey ghost@grim22@Hades@harrisonisdead@Hatebox@Heretic@HeyMast@HesAPooka@Hilpkioy@HouseOfTheSun@Horner@hw64@IcarusReborn@IceFire9yt@IdahoJacket@iHeartJames@imbruglia@In XXR We Trust@Inceptionzq@Infernus@infamous5445@interiorgatordecorator@Ipickthiswhiterose@IronJimbo@Issac Newton@Ithil@Jack Nevada@Jake Gittes@Jake Lockley@James@Jamiem@Jandrew@Jason@Jay Beezy@Jayhawk the Hutt@jedijake@Jeight@jb007@JB33@Jiffy@Jim Shorts@JJ-8@jking123@Joel M@John Marston@john2000@John2015@johnfalkon@Johnny Tran@JonahVex@John Rambo@Julian1410@Juby@JustLurking@JWR@K1stpierre@Kalo@katnisscinnaplex@kayumanggi@kitik@KJsooner@Krissykins@Keanu@Knights of Ren@KP1025@krla@Kvikk Lunsj@lab276@Last Man Standing@Ledmonkey96@LegendaryBen@Legion By Night@LeoC@Lestranger@Liiviig 1998@lilmac@Lion Roar@ListenHunnyUrOver@LinksterAC@LonePirate@longleo90@lorddemaxus@lor15@Lothar@Lucas@LPLC@LVB@M37@m3racer123@Macleod@Madhuvan@MadGoose@Maggie@Mango@Mankatha@Manny G@Marek the Jedi@marveldcfox@MCKillswitch123@Marcos12@Mau@Mekanos@Menor Reborn@MG10@Michael Gary Scott@mikeymichael@MikeQ@Minnale101@misafeco@mmacader@Mojoguy@Momori@Moses@Morieris@MovieMan89@motionpic05@MOVIEGUY@Movie nerd@Movies4Life@MrGlass2@MrGamer@MrFanaticGuy34@MrPink@Mr Terrific@Ms Lady Hawk@Mulder@MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie@NamakFiskKa@Napoleon@narniadis@NCsoft@nerves@Nero@nevermore@newbie BO buff@nghtvsn@nguyenkhoi282@nick64@Nikostar@Noctis@Noiret Jak@noknobs@Noodlebug@Notthereverseflash24@Nova@Nublar7@Ohana@Olive@Omario@oMeriMombatti@Omni@OncomingStorm93@Orestes@Ozymandias@parkerthegreat@PanaMovie@PDC1987@peludo@PenguinHyphy@pepsa@PhilipJ2001@picores@Pinacolada@Plain Old Tele@PlatnumRoyce@PKMLover@PNF2187@Porthos@porginchina@Potiki@poweranimals@Purple Minion@Pypa94@Quigley@RamblinRed@raulbalarezo@RealLyre@Rebeccas@reddevil19@Reddroast@redfirebird2008@RexTheMan14@RichWS@ringedmortality@RJ 95@RobrtmanAStarWarsReference@RobinHood26@Ronin46@romeross@Rorschach@Royce@RRA@RthMav@rukaio101@Ryan Reynolds@Ryaner90@Samwise the Brave@Sandro Mazzola@Saul Goodman@Sam@ScareLol@SchumacherFTW@scoobysaurus@setna@Seto Kaiba@seduh7@Seth Irskens@sfran43@Shanks@Shawn@Sheikh@Simionski@Sindreee@Sir Tiki@Skim Beeble@SLAM!@snitch@snarkmachine@SnokesLegs@solaris@SoSaysI@Sophie@SpiderByte@Spidey Freak@Starphanluke@Steele131@stephanos13@Stewart@Sue Denim@TalismanRing@Talkie@Taruseth@tawasal@TerwillikerInst@terrestrial@TestPattern@That One Guy@ThatWaluigiDude@TheDarkKnightOfSteel@The Dark Alfred@The Dark Rock@The Fast and the Furiosa@The Horror of Lucas Films@The GOAT@The Panda@The Stingray@TheDude391@ThePhasmid@Thomas Beck@ThomasNicole@THUNDER BIRD@TigerPaw@TiagoRodrigues@Tinalera@titanic2187@TLK@TMP@Tokugennumataka@Torontofan@Tower@TwoMisfits@Valonqar@vale9001@Vanilla@VanillaSkies@vc2002@ViewerAnon@ViktorLosAngeles@Wadey Wilsoney@Walt Disney@Warhorse@watcher1232@water@Water Bottle@WayneBorg@Webslinger@WeThrones@WeneedtotalkaboutKevin@wildphantom@WittyUsername@Wonder89@WorkingonaName@Wormow@Wrath@WrathOfHan@Xavier@Xillix@xieh tie@XO21@Yandereprime101189@YLF@YM!@YSLDC@ZackM@Zakiyyah6@ZeeSoh@Zeiden16 @screambaby@Kyriacos@Sckathian@Willowra@TheFlatLannister@Clear Sky Master@todos@Sampath Kumar@oenri@StreamBO@danziger@froztking@UKBoxOffice@GOGODanca@adaros@Doffy@nerves@Flip@CaptNathanBrittles

@SLAM! @emoviefan@Bob Train @Eric Owns Mickey Mouse