Eric Duncan

The Top 100 Warner Bros. Movies | Here's looking at the stuff dreams are made of....Sam...kid | Due Date Over! Will accept late submissions

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

An all time favorite of mine.  He directed 3 of my top 4 WB films and at least 5 others on my top 100

Agreed. Going through my own WB marathon and watching so many of his films, it's insane how great so many of his movies were, especially since he was doing like 3 movies a year. Don't know how he delivered so many bangers in such a short time. He's overindexed a ton on my personal list.

Would be really cool if certain auteurs treated him with more respect and made sure to say his name, but that's none of my business. 🍵

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eric Prime said:

Agreed. Going through my own WB marathon and watching so many of his films, it's insane how great so many of his movies were, especially since he was doing like 3 movies a year. Don't know how he delivered so many bangers in such a short time. He's overindexed a ton on my personal list.

Would be really cool if certain auteurs treated him with more respect and made sure to say his name, but that's none of my business. 🍵

The auteur theory is overrated especially when it comes to directors like Curtiz & William Wyler - who were meticulous in their direction and mastered almost every genre..

Some of my favorites: 

Beetlejuice 
The Exorcist 

Contact 

Eyes Wide Shut 

The Fugitive 
Lethal Weapon 

Falling Down 

Risky Business 

Gravity 

Demolition Man 

The Matrix 

Batman Returns 
The Mask 

Se7en 

• Like 1

Finally finished my WB marathon and I have tons more movies on my plate to watch (probably starting my Disney marathon in a couple days?), so here's my top 100. I've seen...a lot these past few months.

1. Casablanca

2. Before Sunset

3. Mad Max: Fury Road

4. Pan’s Labyrinth

5. I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang

6. Malcolm X

7. The Sea Hawk

8. Rebel without a Cause

9. A Face in the Crowd

10. Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

11. East of Eden

12. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

13. The Adventures of Robin Hood

14. Superman

15. The Iron Giant

16. Good Night, and Good Luck

17. The Matrix

18. The Exorcist

19. What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

20. Ocean’s Twelve

21. Little Shop of Horrors

22. Creed

23. A Clockwork Orange

24. The Great Race

25. Goodfellas

26. Roger and Me

27. The Hudsucker Proxy

28. AI Artificial Intelligence

29. The Elephant Man

30. Barry Lyndon

31. Dog Day Afternoon

32. Her

33. Beetlejuice

34. Unforgiven

35. What’s Up Doc?

36. Lethal Weapon

37. Paddington 2

38. South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut

39. Days of Wine and Roses

40. A Star is Born 2018

41. McCabe & Mrs. Miller

42. Gold Diggers of 1933

43. Bridges of Madison County

44. A Streetcar Named Desire

45. The Nice Guys

46. The Wild Bunch

47. The Shining

48. Heat

49. All the President’s Men

50. Splendor in the Grass

51. Giant

52. Eyes Wide Shut

53. The Music Man

54. The Wrong Man

55. Mildred Pierce

56. Pale Rider

57. The Fugitive

58. Mean Streets

59. Gremlins

60. JFK

61. Batman Returns

62. Gravity

63. After Hours

64. Risky Business

65. Million Dollar Baby

66. Blazing Saddles

67. Deliverance

68. John Wick 2

69. Dunkirk

70. Strangers on a Train

71. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

72. Ed Edd n Eddy’s Big Picture Show

73. The Secret Garden

74. Now Voyager

75. Woodstock

76. The Maltese Falcon

77. Klute

78. The Young Girls of Rochefort

79. The Public Enemy

80. Calamity Jane

81. The Right Stuff

82. Bonnie and Clyde

83. LA Confidential

84. Romance on the High Seas

85. Dark Victory

86. Happy Feet

87. The Lost Boys

88. Sweeney Todd

89. 10

90. Interview with the Vampire

91. Footlight Parade

92. White Heat

93. The Goodbye Girl

94. Rio Bravo

95. The Sea Wolf

96. Captain Blood

97. Contact

98. The Color Purple

99. Dune

100. Bones and All

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

10. Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island

9. The Hobbit

8. Batman

7, The Fellowship of the Ring

6. The Iron Giant

5. The Lego Movie

4. The Lego Movie the Second Part

3. The Dark Knight Returns Part I

2. Batman Returns

1. The Dark Knight Returns Part II.

Y'all can probably guess my favorite superhero.

On 6/9/2023 at 6:42 PM, TalismanRing said:

An all time favorite of mine.  He directed 3 of my top 4 WB films and at least 5 others on my top 100

On 6/9/2023 at 7:03 PM, TalismanRing said:

The auteur theory is overrated especially when it comes to directors like Curtiz & William Wyler - who were meticulous in their direction and mastered almost every genre..

People who actually work in the film industry have always had a low opinion of the auteur theory because it displays a willfull ignroance of how filmaking works. 

My won peeve with the auteur theory is that it downlays the guy or woman who often thinks up a movie in the first  place;The wrtier.

The great sceenwriter Willliam GOldman said every successufl screenwiiter in Hollywood can tell you stories about the critics raved about "director's touches" which were in the first draft of the screenplay.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 5:32 PM, Eric Wayne said:

It says somehting that over 80 years later, and despite several major films made since, the Curtiz directed version of Robin Hood remains the definitive version. Even people who don't like "Old" movies enjoy it.It's timeless..and still one of the most gorgeous color films ever made.

• Like 1

A quick top 10 (might not be the final 10), hopefully I get more time and am able to add to it. 

1. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
  2. The Wizard of Oz
  3. The Iron Giant
  4. Inception
  5. Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
  6. The Dark Knight
  7. Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
  8. Space Jam
  9. Crazy Rich Asians
  10. Godzilla (2014)

Reminder for certain users:

@Human @Potiki Just wanted to tell you guys that the old MGM movies Warner gained ownership of and New Line movies pre-2008 like Lord of the Rings are excluded. You will have to replace the LOTR movies and Wizard of Oz with other movies.

@Human @TalismanRing @Kalo Remember to PM me your list in order for it to be eligible. It's an important rule to not forget.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

New Top 50 according to the rules that I'm not sure I agree with but alas:

1. Enter the Dragon
  2. The Iron Giant
  3. Inception
  4. Pan’s Labyrinth
  5. The Dark Knight
  6. Space Jam
  7. THX 1138
  8. Mars Attacks!
  9. Crazy Rich Asians
  10. Godzilla (2014)
  11. Sayonara
  12. The Prestige
  13. Them!
  14. Free Willy
  15. Summer Wars
  16. Pokemon the Movie
  17. Life of Brian
  18. Police Academy
  19. Empire of the Sun
  20. Never Ending Story
  21. Goodfellas
  22. Dail M for Murder
  23. New Jack City
  24. The Searchers
  25. Lethal Weapon
  26. Superman (1978)
  27. A Clockwork Orange
  28. Bonnie and Clyde (1967)
  29. Scooby-Doo (2002)
  30. Full Metal Jacket
  31. Looney Toons Back in Action
  32. Deliverance
  33. The Right Stuff
  34. Casablanca
  35. Keanu
  36. The Wrong Man
  37. The Yakuza
  38. The Music Man
  39. The Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie
  40. Twister
  41. Crazy, Stupid, Love
  42. Blended
  43. Once Upon a Time in America
  44. A.I. Artificial Intelligence
  45. The Mission
  46. The Lost Boys
  47. Tango and Cash
  48. Million Dollar Baby
  49. The Lego Movie
  50. The Matrix
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Human said:

Is the list supposed to be ranked from 1-100 or just a list in no particular order?

You can give me a ranked list consisting of either 10, 25, 50, 75, or 100 movies. You can decide whatever order you want, but so long as there's some succession of consecutive numbers, you'll be fine.

I will try to find 25 other films for later.

1.       The Dark Knight Returns Part II

2.       Batman Returns

3.       The Dark Knight Returns Part I

4.       The Lego Movie the Second Part                      

5.       The Lego Movie

6.       Batman

7.       The Iron Giant

8.       Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island

9.       Justice League vs Fatal Five

10.   Batman Under the Red Hood

11.   The Flight of Dragons

12.   Justice League Gods and Monsters

13.   Scooby-Doo and Batman the Brave and the Bold

14.   Reign of the Supermen

15.   Gremlins

16.   Justice League Crisis on Two Earths                     

17.   Gremlins 2

18.   Tom and Jerry the Fast and the Furry

19.   Beetlejuice

20.   Scooby-Doo Legend of the Phantosaur

21.   Cats Don’t Dance

22.   Batman Mask of the Phantasm

23.   Batman Beyond the Return of the Joker

24.   Justice League the New Frontier

25.   Superman

26.   The Lego Batman Movie

27.   Lego DC Superhero: Batman Family Matters

28.   Green Lantern First Flight

29.   Superman Vs The Elite

30.   Lego DC Superhero: Shazam Magic and Monsters

31.   Aquaman

32.   The Lego Ninjago Movie

33.   Robin Hood Prince of Thieves

34.   Smallfoot

35.   Superman Doomsday

36.   Lego DC Superhero: Aquaman the Rage of Atlantis

37.   Batman Year One

38.   Lego DC Superhero: Justice League Cosmic Clash  

39.   Wonder Woman               

40.   Lego DC Superhero: Justice League Gotham City Breakout

41.   Superman/Batman Public Enemies

42.   Justice Society World War II

43.   Goonies

44.   National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

45.   Justice League Dark Apokolips War

46.   The Death of Superman

47.   The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

48.   Batman Assault on Arkham            

49.   Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets                                   

50.   Batman Soul of the Dragon

51.   Green Lantern Beware my Power

52.   Pokemon 3

53.   The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

54.  Shazam!

55.   Teen Titans the Judas Contract

56.   DC’s League of Super Pets

57.   Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase  

58.   Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero                                                               

59.   Dead Poets Society

60.   The Witches

61.   The Replacements

62.   Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders

63.   Charlie and the Chocolate Factory                                 

64.   The Batman vs. Dracula

65.   TMNT

66.   The Cowboys

67.   Godzilla vs. Kong

68.   Flashpoint

69.   Justice League the Throne of Atlantis

70.   Superman Unbound

71.   The Losers

72.   The NeverEnding Story

73.   Batman and Robin

74.   Looney Tunes Back in Action

75.   Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle

Y'all can probably guess my favorite superhero.  I wanted to add Gettysburg, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and The Fellowship of the Ring since I am used to seeing the Warner Bros logo on them, but they were all acquired by them at a later date or something.

• Like 1

ONE WEEK LEFT

Time is running out, so you better get your lists right away. Otherwise, you are missing out on a once in a lifetime list. If you don't reach the July 4th deadline, you're done for good.

@21C@35MM-18@3jp@4815162342@75Live@8wombi7@A Star is Orm@abra@abracadabra1998@AdrianL@Alex SciChannel@Alexdube@Amadeus@Anduin@AndyK@AndyLL@AnotherDayAnotherDollar@A Marvel Fanboy@A Star is Orm@a2k@aabattery@Agafin@AJG@ando@AN9815@Arlborn@ACSlater@andersonhoran@AnDr3s@Andreas@AniNate@Aristis@Ash Skywalker@Asyulus@Avatree@BadOlCatSylvester@Barnack@ban1o@belblazer@BestPicturePlutoNash@Blipsy@Blaze Heatnix@bleachella@BoxOfficeFangrl@Box Office Hit@Boxofficerules@BoxOfficeZ@baumer@BeastByTheBay@Biggestgeekever@Bigscrubnus@Brandon Gray@Borf the Borf@Bordlove@Borobudur@Bruce@BruiseCruise@B J@bcf26@BourneFan #1@Black Hawk@Black Panther@Blackout@Brainbug@Caboose@Carlangonz@cannastop@CaptNathanBrittles@catlover@Caesar@Caylu@cdsacken@Cedarpoint1111@cedec0@CJohn@Chaz@Cheddar Please@ChipDerby@cheesypoofs@Claudio@Coldbird@Coneilg93@Claire of Themyscira@Cmasterclay@cmbbox2390@Cap@Captain Craig@Cappoedameron@CrashBandicoot81@cruelintentionsisgoated@Cruel Summer@cookie@CoolioD1@CoolK@cax16@ChD@Catty@Chewy@cdsacken@DAJK@Dandeak2000@Danhjpn@DAR@darkelf@Darth Lehnsherr@Daxtreme@datpepper@Dbui8743@DC Rich@ddddeeee@DeeCee@Deep Wang@Deja23@DlAMONDZ@Doffy@Dominic Draper@Dragoncaine@druv10@Djsoke@DlAMONDZ@DMan7@DoctorWho@Dragon@dudalb@Durden@#ED@EarlyDeadlinePredictions@ecstasy@Eevin@efialtes76@El Gato@el sid@El Squibbonator@Elessar@elcaballero@ElsaRoc@Empire@Eric the Lion@Essem@Ethan Edwards@Ethan Hunt@european1992@excel1@exomassey@expensiveho@Ezen Baklattan@fabiopazzo2@Factcheck@Fancyarcher@FantasticBeasts@filmlover@filmnerdjamie@FilmFincher@Finnick@Firepower@Fielding@Flamengo81@fmpro@franfar@Fullbuster@Galactic Specter@Gamora@Gavin Feng@George Parr@Grebacio@Giesi@Goffe@Godzilla@Gokai Red@Goldenhour36@Gopher@GOXOG@Grebacio@grey ghost@grim22@Hades@harrisonisdead@Hatebox@Heretic@HeyMast@HesAPooka@Hilpkioy@HouseOfTheSun@Horner@hw64@IcarusReborn@IceFire9yt@IdahoJacket@iHeartJames@imbruglia@In XXR We Trust@Inceptionzq@Infernus@infamous5445@interiorgatordecorator@Ipickthiswhiterose@IronJimbo@Issac Newton@Ithil@Jack Nevada@Jake Gittes@Jake Lockley@James@Jamiem@Jandrew@Jason@Jay Beezy@Jayhawk the Hutt@jedijake@Jeight@jb007@JB33@Jiffy@Jim Shorts@JJ-8@jking123@Joel M@John Marston@john2000@John2015@johnfalkon@Johnny Tran@JonahVex@John Rambo@Julian1410@Juby@JustLurking@JWR@K1stpierre@Kalo@katnisscinnaplex@kayumanggi@kitik@KJsooner@Krissykins@Keanu@Knights of Ren@KP1025@krla@Kvikk Lunsj@lab276@Last Man Standing@Ledmonkey96@LegendaryBen@Legion By Night@LeoC@Lestranger@Liiviig 1998@lilmac@Lion Roar@ListenHunnyUrOver@LinksterAC@LonePirate@longleo90@lorddemaxus@lor15@Lothar@Lucas@LPLC@LVB@M37@m3racer123@Macleod@Madhuvan@MadGoose@Maggie@Mango@Mankatha@Manny G@Marek the Jedi@marveldcfox@MCKillswitch123@Marcos12@Mau@Mekanos@Menor Reborn@MG10@Michael Gary Scott@mikeymichael@MikeQ@Minnale101@misafeco@mmacader@Mojoguy@Momori@Moses@Morieris@MovieMan89@motionpic05@MOVIEGUY@Movie nerd@Movies4Life@MrGlass2@MrGamer@MrFanaticGuy34@MrPink@Mr Terrific@Ms Lady Hawk@Mulder@MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie@NamakFiskKa@Napoleon@narniadis@NCsoft@nerves@Nero@nevermore@newbie BO buff@nghtvsn@nguyenkhoi282@nick64@Nikostar@Noctis@Noiret Jak@noknobs@Noodlebug@Notthereverseflash24@Nova@Nublar7@Ohana@Olive@Omario@oMeriMombatti@Omni@OncomingStorm93@Orestes@Ozymandias@parkerthegreat@PanaMovie@PDC1987@peludo@PenguinHyphy@pepsa@PhilipJ2001@picores@Pinacolada@Plain Old Tele@PlatnumRoyce@PKMLover@PNF2187@Porthos@porginchina@Potiki@poweranimals@Purple Minion@Pypa94@Quigley@RamblinRed@raulbalarezo@RealLyre@Rebeccas@reddevil19@Reddroast@redfirebird2008@RexTheMan14@RichWS@ringedmortality@RJ 95@RobrtmanAStarWarsReference@RobinHood26@Ronin46@romeross@Rorschach@Royce@RRA@RthMav@rukaio101@Ryan Reynolds@Ryaner90@Samwise the Brave@Sandro Mazzola@Saul Goodman@Sam@ScareLol@SchumacherFTW@scoobysaurus@setna@Seto Kaiba@seduh7@Seth Irskens@sfran43@Shanks@Shawn@Sheikh@Simionski@Sindreee@Sir Tiki@Skim Beeble@SLAM!@snitch@snarkmachine@SnokesLegs@solaris@SoSaysI@Sophie@SpiderByte@Spidey Freak@Starphanluke@Steele131@stephanos13@Stewart@Sue Denim@TalismanRing@Talkie@Taruseth@tawasal@TerwillikerInst@terrestrial@TestPattern@That One Guy@ThatWaluigiDude@TheDarkKnightOfSteel@The Dark Alfred@The Dark Rock@The Fast and the Furiosa@The Horror of Lucas Films@The GOAT@The Panda@The Stingray@TheDude391@ThePhasmid@Thomas Beck@ThomasNicole@THUNDER BIRD@TigerPaw@TiagoRodrigues@Tinalera@titanic2187@TLK@TMP@Tokugennumataka@Torontofan@Tower@TwoMisfits@Valonqar@vale9001@Vanilla@VanillaSkies@vc2002@ViewerAnon@ViktorLosAngeles@Wadey Wilsoney@Walt Disney@Warhorse@watcher1232@water@Water Bottle@WayneBorg@Webslinger@WeThrones@WeneedtotalkaboutKevin@wildphantom@WittyUsername@Wonder89@WorkingonaName@Wormow@Wrath@WrathOfHan@Xavier@Xillix@xieh tie@XO21@Yandereprime101189@YLF@YM!@YSLDC@ZackM@Zakiyyah6@ZeeSoh@Zeiden16 @screambaby@Kyriacos@Sckathian@Willowra@TheFlatLannister@Clear Sky Master@todos@Sampath Kumar@oenri@StreamBO@danziger@froztking@UKBoxOffice@GOGODanca@adaros@Doffy@nerves@Flip@CaptNathanBrittles

@SLAM!

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1