Cap

30 for 30: 1993 Retrospective List | Submissions Closed | 31 Lists Received | Reveals Start This Weekend

Do we include movies the had soft releases/festival appearances in 1992, and then their wide release in the USA was in 1993  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes!
    • No.

This poll is closed to new votes

1.       Jurassic Park

2.       Short Cuts

3.       The Age of Innocence

4.       Naked

5.       The Fugitive

6.       Much Ado About Nothing

7.       Cronos

8.       In the Name of the Father

9.       Manhatten Murder Mystery

10.   Falling Down

11.   Addams Family Values

12.   Groundhog Day

13.   Indecent Proposal

14.   The Firm

15.   Hocus Pocus

16.   M. Butterfly

17.   The Piano

18.   Demolition Man

19.   Mrs Doubtfire

20.   Schindler’s List

21.   Sommersby

22.   Dave

23.   Matinee

24.   Malice

25.   Kalifornia

26.   The Nightmare Before Christmas

27.   Farewell, My Concubine

28.   Fire in the Sky

29.   Three Musketeers

30.   Remains of the Day

• Like 2

I'm still bitter about never finding a Remains of the Day lunch box.

Edit - 1993 was an outrageously good year for movies. The Matrix might have been right about the '90s being the peak of human civilization. Normally with these lists, "What were the best, or at least, good, movies of the year?" lasts to about #15-ish and then it slides into "What movies were the least bad/least embarrassing to list?" with a few joke entries at the end. With 1993, its steak all the way through.

1.   Jurassic Park

2.   Schindler’s List

3.   Groundhog Day

4.   Mrs Doubtfire

5.   Falling Down

6.   Tombstone

7.   In the Name of the Father

8.   Demolition Man

9.   The Piano

10.   Dave

11.   The Sandlot

12.   Philadelphia

13.   Short Cuts

14.   The Firm

15.   Carlito's Way

16.   The Fugitive

17.   Much Ado About Nothing

18.   The Nightmare Before Christmas

19.   The Age of Innocence

20.   What's Love got to do with it?

21.   In the Line of Fire

22.   Benny and Joon

23.   Addams Family Values

24.   Menace 2 Society

25.   Farewell, My Concubine

26.   True Romance

27.   Hot Shots! Part Deux

28.   Sleepless in Seattle

29.   So, I Married an Axe Murderer (in a wild coincidence, I was living in SF when it was filmed and they filmed the butcher shop scene in Meats of the World, a butcher shop literally a block away from my apartment)

30.   Remains of the Day (Ok, I never saw it, but I still want my lunch box)

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

MV5BZWQxMzU0NTQtNzFjNi00MWEwLWEyOTEtZGU0

This was on my radar for a long time, finally watched it a few days back and found it really wonderful. One of the most creative biopics. Gonna make my top 5 here, maybe top 3. Whole thing's on YouTube if you're looking for more movies to watch before the deadline. 

• Like 2

@The Dark Alfred @Ipickthiswhiterose @Wrath

please either make sure to PM me the list, or say this is the finalized list I want to submit. Thanks. 

also, @ everyone, the poll is still at 50/50, so there’s a couple more days left to vote. I’m kind of inclined to say, let the movies in; and then, if people think the films shouldn’t count, they won’t be in their list, and it will kind of self correct that way. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

Didn't really get a chance to watch much. but here is my list, I might see if I can watch a few of the the next couple days and edit.

1. Schinder's List
  2. Army of Darkness
  3. Philadelpha 
  4. Skylark 
  5. Dazed and Confused
  6. The Wedding Banquet
  7. What's Eating Gilbert Grape
  8. Jurassic Park
  9. Sleepless in Seattle
  10. The Fugitive
  11. Groundhog Day
  12. Homeward Bound: The incredible Journey 
  13. Heart and Souls
  14. Mrs. Doubtfire
  15. Much ado About Nothing
  16. Rigoletto
  17. Rudy
  18. The Three Musketeers
  19. The Sandlot
  20. Benny & Joon
  21. A Far Off Place
  22. Dennis the Menace
  23. Once Upon A Forest
  24. The Nightmare Before Christmas
  25. Hocus Pocus
  26. Gettysburg
  27. The Firm
  28. The Secret Garden
  29. Kalifornia
  30. We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story
Edited by Kalo
  • Like 2

1. Jurassic Park
  2. Dazed and Confused 
  3. The Fugitive 
  4. Tombstone 
  5. Philadelphia 
  6. Dave
  7. A Bronx Tale
  8. Much Ado About Nothing 
  9. Mrs. Doubtfire
  10. Schindler’s List
  11. In the Line of Fire
  12. The Firm
  13. The Sandlot
  14. Carlito’s Way
  15. Indecent Proposal
  16. The Pelican Brief
  17. Last Action Hero
  18. Sleepless in Seattle 
  19. The Nightmare Before Christmas 
  20. Alive 
  21. Rudy
  22. Falling Down
  23. Dragon : the Bruce Lee Story
  24. Demolition Man
  25. What’s Eating Gilbert Grape
  26. Malice 
  27. Hot Shots Part Deux
  28. Menace to Society 
  29. Free Willy
  30. Kalifornia
  • Like 3

Spoiler

@21C@35MM-18@3jp@4815162342@75Live@8wombi7@A Star is Orm@abra@abracadabra1998@AdrianL@Alex SciChannel@Alexdube@Amadeus@Anduin@AndyK@AndyLL@AnotherDayAnotherDollar@A Marvel Fanboy@A Star is Orm@a2k@aabattery@Agafin@AJG@ando@AN9815@Arlborn@ACSlater@andersonhoran@AnDr3s@Andreas@AniNate@Aristis@Ash Skywalker@Asyulus@Avatree@BadOlCatSylvester@Barnack@ban1o@belblazer@BestPicturePlutoNash@Blipsy@Blaze Heatnix@bleachella@BoxOfficeFangrl@Box Office Hit@Boxofficerules@BoxOfficeZ@baumer@BeastByTheBay@Biggestgeekever@Bigscrubnus@Brandon Gray@Borf the Borf@Bordlove@Borobudur@Bruce@BruiseCruise@B J@bcf26@BourneFan #1@Black Hawk@Black Panther@Blackout@Brainbug@Caboose@Carlangonz@cannastop@CaptNathanBrittles@catlover@Caesar@Caylu@cdsacken@Cedarpoint1111@cedec0@CJohn@Chaz@Cheddar Please@ChipDerby@cheesypoofs@Claudio@Coldbird@Coneilg93@Claire of Themyscira@Cmasterclay@cmbbox2390@Cap@Captain Craig@Cappoedameron@CrashBandicoot81@cruelintentionsisgoated@Cruel Summer@cookie@CoolioD1@CoolK@cax16@ChD@Catty@Chewy@cdsacken@DAJK@Dandeak2000@Danhjpn@DAR@darkelf@Darth Lehnsherr@Daxtreme@datpepper@Dbui8743@DC Rich@ddddeeee@DeeCee@Deep Wang@Deja23@DlAMONDZ@Doffy@Dominic Draper@Dragoncaine@druv10@Djsoke@DlAMONDZ@DMan7@DoctorWho@Dragon@dudalb@Durden@#ED@EarlyDeadlinePredictions@ecstasy@Eevin@efialtes76@El Gato@el sid@El Squibbonator@Elessar@elcaballero@ElsaRoc@Empire@Eric the Lion@Essem@Ethan Edwards@Ethan Hunt@european1992@excel1@exomassey@expensiveho@Ezen Baklattan@fabiopazzo2@Factcheck@Fancyarcher@FantasticBeasts@filmlover@filmnerdjamie@FilmFincher@Finnick@Firepower@Fielding@Flamengo81@fmpro@franfar@Fullbuster@Galactic Specter@Gamora@Gavin Feng@George Parr@Grebacio@Giesi@Goffe@Godzilla@Gokai Red@Goldenhour36@Gopher@GOXOG@Grebacio@grey ghost@grim22@Hades@harrisonisdead@Hatebox@Heretic@HeyMast@HesAPooka@Hilpkioy@HouseOfTheSun@Horner@hw64@IcarusReborn@IceFire9yt@IdahoJacket@iHeartJames@imbruglia@In XXR We Trust@Inceptionzq@Infernus@infamous5445@interiorgatordecorator@Ipickthiswhiterose@IronJimbo@Issac Newton@Ithil@Jack Nevada@Jake Gittes@Jake Lockley@James@Jamiem@Jandrew@Jason@Jay Beezy@Jayhawk the Hutt@jedijake@Jeight@jb007@JB33@Jiffy@Jim Shorts@JJ-8@jking123@Joel M@John Marston@john2000@John2015@johnfalkon@Johnny Tran@JonahVex@John Rambo@Julian1410@Juby@JustLurking@JWR@K1stpierre@Kalo@katnisscinnaplex@kayumanggi@kitik@KJsooner@Krissykins@Keanu@Knights of Ren@KP1025@krla@Kvikk Lunsj@lab276@Last Man Standing@Ledmonkey96@LegendaryBen@Legion By Night@LeoC@Lestranger@Liiviig 1998@lilmac@Lion Roar@ListenHunnyUrOver@LinksterAC@LonePirate@longleo90@lorddemaxus@lor15@Lothar@Lucas@LPLC@LVB@M37@m3racer123@Macleod@Madhuvan@MadGoose@Maggie@Mango@Mankatha@Manny G@Marek the Jedi@marveldcfox@MCKillswitch123@Marcos12@Mau@Mekanos@Menor Reborn@MG10@Michael Gary Scott@mikeymichael@MikeQ@Minnale101@misafeco@mmacader@Mojoguy@Momori@Moses@Morieris@MovieMan89@motionpic05@MOVIEGUY@Movie nerd@Movies4Life@MrGlass2@MrGamer@MrFanaticGuy34@MrPink@Mr Terrific@Ms Lady Hawk@Mulder@MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie@NamakFiskKa@Napoleon@narniadis@NCsoft@nerves@Nero@nevermore@newbie BO buff@nghtvsn@nguyenkhoi282@nick64@Nikostar@Noctis@Noiret Jak@noknobs@Noodlebug@Notthereverseflash24@Nova@Nublar7@Ohana@Olive@Omario@oMeriMombatti@Omni@OncomingStorm93@Orestes@Ozymandias@parkerthegreat@PanaMovie@PDC1987@peludo@PenguinHyphy@pepsa@PhilipJ2001@picores@Pinacolada@Plain Old Tele@PlatnumRoyce@PKMLover@PNF2187@Porthos@porginchina@Potiki@poweranimals@Purple Minion@Pypa94@Quigley@RamblinRed@raulbalarezo@RealLyre@Rebeccas@reddevil19@Reddroast@redfirebird2008@RexTheMan14@RichWS@ringedmortality@RJ 95@RobrtmanAStarWarsReference@RobinHood26@Ronin46@romeross@Rorschach@Royce@RRA@RthMav@rukaio101@Ryan Reynolds@Ryaner90@Samwise the Brave@Sandro Mazzola@Saul Goodman@Sam@ScareLol@SchumacherFTW@scoobysaurus@setna@Seto Kaiba@seduh7@Seth Irskens@sfran43@Shanks@Shawn@Sheikh@Simionski@Sindreee@Sir Tiki@Skim Beeble@SLAM!@snitch@snarkmachine@SnokesLegs@solaris@SoSaysI@Sophie@SpiderByte@Spidey Freak@Starphanluke@Steele131@stephanos13@Stewart@Sue Denim@TalismanRing@Talkie@Taruseth@tawasal@TerwillikerInst@terrestrial@TestPattern@That One Guy@ThatWaluigiDude@TheDarkKnightOfSteel@The Dark Alfred@The Dark Rock@The Fast and the Furiosa@The Horror of Lucas Films@The GOAT@The Panda@The Stingray@TheDude391@ThePhasmid@Thomas Beck@ThomasNicole@THUNDER BIRD@TigerPaw@TiagoRodrigues@Tinalera@titanic2187@TLK@TMP@Tokugennumataka@Torontofan@Tower@TwoMisfits@Valonqar@vale9001@Vanilla@VanillaSkies@vc2002@ViewerAnon@ViktorLosAngeles@Wadey Wilsoney@Walt Disney@Warhorse@watcher1232@water@Water Bottle@WayneBorg@Webslinger@WeThrones@WeneedtotalkaboutKevin@wildphantom@WittyUsername@Wonder89@WorkingonaName@Wormow@Wrath@WrathOfHan@Xavier@Xillix@xieh tie@XO21@Yandereprime101189@YLF@YM!@YSLDC@ZackM@Zakiyyah6@ZeeSoh@Zeiden16 @screambaby@Kyriacos@Sckathian@Willowra@TheFlatLannister@Clear Sky Master@todos@Sampath Kumar@oenri@StreamBO@danziger@froztking@UKBoxOffice@GOGODanca@adaros@Doffy@nerves@Flip@CaptNathanBrittles

Hey, All!

We're at the Deadline!  I have decided to extend it out from tonight until SUNDAY.  So there's still tons of time to get in a list to me!  (Actually, I'm going to try to sneak in one or two more rewatches of my own).

Without Revealing Spoilers, I wanted to say that the Top 3 is CRAZY COMPETITIVE.  So Every list counts.  There's no run away here.  We also have about like four or five films right on the cusp of #30/The Cut Off.

And thank you to everyone who has submitted a list so far! 

You are Submit your lists two ways.  Either PM here, or post your list here with "FINAL LIST" above it!

• Like 4

My 30 for 30 List:

1. Schindler's List

2. Jurassic Park

3. Philadelphia 

4. Carlito's Way

5. The Age of Innocence

6. In the Name of the Father

7. Army of Darkness

8. The Firm

9. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

10. The Fugitive 

11. Falling Down 

12. In the Line of Fire

13. Tombstone

14. Demolition Man

15. Dazed and Confused

16. The Nightmare Before Christmas

17. A Bronx Tale

18. Dave

19. Cliffhanger 

20. Fearless 

21. This Boy's Life

22. Wayne's World 2

23. Mrs. Doubtfire

24. Six Degress of Separation 

25. Homeward Bound

26. Free Willy

27. Rudy

28. Addams Family Values

29. Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story

30. Menace II Society

Edited by JWR
  • Like 1

@Cap my last list posted is definitely my final one

As for a few good men, I just moved everything else up in my list and I think I added it in the name of the father. But the list that you there now is the final one, I hope that helps.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

@Cap my last list posted is definitely my final one

As for a few good men, I just moved everything else up in my list and I think I added it in the name of the father. But the list that you there now is the final one, I hope that helps....

I hope that helps

Perfect 

• Heart 1

The whole point of doing a list is to put it in order. 🤦🤦

1 hour ago, JWR said:

My 30 for 30 List (In no particular order):

1. Schindler's List

2. Jurassic Park

3. Philadelphia 

4. Carlito's Way

5. The Age of Innocence

6. In the Name of the Father

7. Army of Darkness

8. The Firm

9. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

10. The Fugitive 

11. Falling Down 

12. In the Line of Fire

13. Tombstone

14. Demolition Man

15. Dazed and Confused

16. The Nightmare Before Christmas

17. A Bronx Tale

18. Dave

19. Cliffhanger 

20. Fearless 

21. This Boy's Life

22. Wayne's World 2

23. Mrs. Doubtfire

24. Six Degress of Separation 

25. Homeward Bound

26. Free Willy

27. Rudy

28. Addams Family Values

29. Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story

30. Menace II Society

I have a question is Army of Darkness considered a 1992 or 93 release? I have it listed but on IMDb and letterboxd it says 1992. but if I go to box officemojo it says it wasn't in us theaters until Feb 1993.