Eric Prime

The Top 100 Disney Movies | A dream is when you wish upon a star | Pixar, Marvel, Touchstone, Miramax, oh my! | Will accept late submissions!

5 hours ago, Human said:

Decided to do this and got it narrowed down to 102 options.

Disney is my least favorite of the major studios and always has been, so this was interesting.  I only saw 2 films from them I liked this decade, Ron's Gone wrong (not made by them) and Soul.

You should look at the list in the first post, I think you will find that you have far more options than you think.

38 minutes ago, Tower said:

You should look at the list in the first post, I think you will find that you have far more options than you think.

Thanks, but I only used the list from the first post.  

3 hours ago, Human said:

Thanks, but I only used the list from the first post.  

Never mind then, but it's strange that Disney is your least favourite studio but your list is almost entirely regular Disney without all the Miramax and foreign films.

9 hours ago, Tower said:

Never mind then, but it's strange that Disney is your least favourite studio but your list is almost entirely regular Disney without all the Miramax and foreign films.

I never cared for Miramax, and I almost exclusively watch American films.  

I love animation, so I saw every WDAS film up to Frozen 2.  I already had a ranking of them, so I just took all the ones I liked and worked from there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Morieris said:

I might have to stop at 75 bc I'm getting into  "Ok I've heard of this movie" territory but haven't watched them yet.

hmm... what do you mean? Like you see a list of movies and you haven't seen them?

I used to think that I would only do 50 movies but I reached over 100 relatively easily. Made a list of 100. Didn't even watch anything specifically for this countdown.

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

hmm... what do you mean? Like you see a list of movies and you haven't seen them?

There are movies I recognize and put them on my list to check out before sending, just not sure if I'll get to them and don't want to put on stuff I haven't seen just to reach 100.

• Like 1

FYC 1990s

MV5BMTY5MDczNzI1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDY1

Dick Tracy, frankly, looks like a one of a kind movie. Something that visually looks wholly unique, unlike anything else I've ever seen before or since then

Inspired by its 1930s origins, the film only boasts a handful of primary colors all throughout the runtime, creating incredible, lush landscapes with so many unique, oversaturated hues that genuinely looks sensational. There's also tons of old school film techniques with matte paintings and miniatures that were becoming uncommon even in 1990 and are nowhere in today's CGI hellscapes. It's like Coppola's Dracula, where it's all about using classic techniques to make us all reminiscence on how these things were really done. Add on incredible costumes and prosthetic makeup that results in so many iconic-looking villains and heroes, and you have an insane visual treat. It's also a pretty fun noir story to boot.

91wAJro6znL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

This dark comedy is utterly hilarious, with a simple and effective premise of a psychiatrist going crazy by his patient. It's a madcap and silly ride, yet also frequently full of great setpieces courtesy of Frank Oz's witty and morose sense of humor and the utter brilliance of its two lead performances. Murray serves well as the neurotic, yet still oddly charming figure, as is typical of Murray's unique charms, and Dreyfuss' shouty, angry, egotistical doctor plays well off Murray and the supporting cast who are oddly enamored by this weirdo Bob fellow. It keeps building further and further into the absurdism and ends on a wacky ending that ties everything up perfectly.

This is the kind of movie that feels like it was made for me and my sense of humor and I absolutely love it.

0xxCTEtAzuHJsO8lTYn4aNOmMt26rR_original.

An utterly gorgeous film with some killer cinematography. Considering the main character can't speak, the film allows itself to have some stunning images throughout the picture, taking advantage of the lovely New Zealand vistas. Yet Campion still remembers to anchor it on two stunning performances from Holly Hunter and a young Anna Paquin. Through Hunter's Ada, we see a film all about how women are controlled and manipulated by the men around them. Where the items that give them joy and a chance to express themselves to the world are either appropriated or taken away by men. It's truly sad, but wonderfully dense and thought-provoking all the same.

MV5BMGQzN2FhMGEtYWZjNC00ZWE1LTgzY2YtNzg4

It's a powerful mother-daughter story about generational differences, culture clashing, and how our family shapes us. There's incredible performances and gorgeous cinematography in a sentimental, but never treacle or gooey feature. It wouldn't be until Crazy Rich Asians that we got another movie like this, and it's a damn pity it took this long. We deserve more movies like this.

MV5BMTkzOWI3MjQtMzBjMi00ZTA0LTkyYmQtNDcx

One of the better Woody Allen pieces out there. It's a fun setting and premise about a bunch of weirdos and eccentrics putting on a Broadway show. Every character is memorable and fun and all the cast members deliver dynamite performances that use Allen's script well. If you're a theater nerd like me, you'll definitely love this.

MV5BMmFkY2IxNTAtMWRiNS00MWU2LWI1NDYtY2Yx

Even outside of the danger the submarine crew face from the Russians, this is able to be intense just on the amazing works of both Denzel Washington and Gene Hackman, who have fantastic chemistry as they butt heads, just trying to do what they think is right. It's immensely thrilling thanks to Tony Scott's impeccable visual and visceral direction, and Hans Zimmer's excellent score only punctuates the excitement. One of Tony Scott's absolute bests.

MV5BMTQwMDkzOTc0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDM0

Director Danny Boyle treads a good line by capturing the madcap feels of the novel, while still making it accessible, capturing the devastation of the protagonists and the insanity of them all at once. It's effectively entertaining and hilarious, while also full of tension and sadness as we see these heroin addicts slowly kill themselves. A real treat and it's no wonder this became such a sensation, especially in its native UK.

p19172_p_v8_ad.jpg

It's a fun hangout with strong characters, solid chemistry, good laughs, and bittersweet emotions of being in your 20s and trying to find some sort of success in your personal and professional life. All the while, director Doug Liman, in his breakout role, adds enough flair and style to help make this visually memorable. Oh, and the swing tunes are fun. We should bring back swing music like we did in the 90s.

MV5BMGZmNGIxMTYtMmVjMy00YzhkLWIyOTktNTEx

The perfect 90s action movie package. An incredible ensemble cast of all our favorite character actors, epic set pieces, every incredible one-liner you could think of, questionably problematic aspects that make you go "huh", and Nicolas Cage being hot with a deadpan Southern accent. If you embrace the intentionally stupid premise, you're in for an amazing ride and, in many ways, Bruckheimer's magnum opus. A film that feels like a parody, love letter, and thesis statement for one of the most legendary film producers ever.

MV5BNWExNzg3MmMtYjc3MS00MzFlLWJiOWQtNWYx

It's funny how this was considered fascist propaganda at the time when the tongue-in-cheek humor and parodic nature of the movie is pretty blunt right from the opening scene. But ignoring that, there's some exciting thrills, intentionally over-the-top acting from some great (and a couple not-so-great) actors, and a breakneck pace. I'm glad I'm smart to actually get Verhoeven's intentions.

MV5BYmJmM2Q4NmMtYThmNC00ZjRlLWEyZmItZTIw

One of my favorite films of all time. A beautiful portrait of love, hope, and family triumphing over all. An amazing first half full of wit and charm and humor, followed by a second half that is harsh and tragic, but still trying to keep the illusion and fantasy of optimism and hope alive. I've been passionate about this movie ever since I first saw it and it's still hard not for me to gush about it. See it if you haven't already.

Rushmoreposter.png

One of Wes Anderson's strongest works. One that captures a feeling of alienation, adolescence confusion, and the frustrations of infatuation with somebody you know you can never really obtain. It's still quite witty and humorous, as expected from Wes. Yet it also captures the same complicated emotions and class and age issues found within The Royal Tenenbaums, my favorite Wes Anderson movie. This and Tenenbaums are also quite fascinating in how they still look amazing, but don't quite capture the typical Anderson aesthetic people would later know him and meme him over. It's a lot more relaxed in the blocking and cinematography and production design, yet still centered and in control at the same time. I kind of wish Anderson returned to this kind of style again for his other movies, even if the static and precise blocking he is known for works quite well for the stories he tells.

e3beb202-86db-49b6-8b0e-5e80ca6d0c00.jpg

Unfairly forgotten by Disney/Touchstone in favor of promoting The Waterboy, this is utterly powerful storytelling. Adapting work from the late Toni Morrison, it's an immensely powerful look at motherhood, trauma, the impacts of slavery, and trying to move on from the terrors and dangers that shape and impact your life. It's a gut-puncher, but one that is carefully constructed and well-told, thanks to Jonathan Demme's powerful, brutal, yet still humanist direction and an amazing ensemble cast. This deserved better. Both when it came out and especially now within Jonathan Demme's canon.

MV5BM2UxYTMwMWUtOGM1OS00MDI4LWFhNTUtOTA4

Much like director David Lynch's The Elephant Man, The Straight Story is a film about kindness first and foremost. Through Alvin Straight's journey, he finds interesting folk and brings striking conversation to them. Discussing life and family with youngsters still with decades ahead of them, delivering sound advice about what really matters in life. Meeting people in the middle of their lives, who find themselves endeared by this elderly man and his quest to make amends towards a family member who may not even be alive once he visits him. And of course, people like him at his age. Folks who have similar understandings and viewpoints and have gone through similar tragedies.

This is a movie all about sharing wisdom. Whether it be improving other people's lives, offering help, giving advice, explaining the true values of the world, fixing your mistakes, and making sure others don't make the mistakes you make. This is not just thrown through stunning vistas and locales of the Midwest, but also the earnest and sweet-hearted Alvin Straight, who actor Richard Farnsworth gives so much heart and love into. It's an epic odyssey where both so much happens, yet nothing happens all at the same time. And well...that's life. Everything happens, and nothing happens. And that's beautiful.

MV5BMDMyMjEyYzEtODVlZC00OWY0LTkxZjItNjJm

Detailing the life of a midnight shift paramedic, Scorsese gives viewers a glimpse into a scary world we take for granted. What are the lives like for people forced to take care of people in life or death situations at such terrible hours? What's it like dealing with the same drunken weirdos and mentally ill folk running around the street every night?

This is all explored in a film that is chaotic and unhinged, yet also melancholy and harsh, all anchored by an expert Nicolas Cage performance. Add on some great cinematography and stunning editing, and it's a crime that such a great film is ignored in the greater Scorsese canon, as I'd argue it's on par, if not better than some of his most famous hits.

• Like 3

1. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
  2. Aladdin(1992)
  3. Wall-E
  4. Good Will Hunting 
  5. Who Framed Roger Rabbit
  6. Bambi
  7. Toy Story2
  8. Tombstone 
  9. Pulp Fiction
  10. Pinocchio 
  11. Crimson Tide
  12. The Rock
  13. Pirates of the Caribbean:  Curse of the Black Pearl
  14. Dumbo(1941)
  15. Master and Commander 
  16. The Incredibles
  17. Finding Nemo
  18. Ratatouille 
  19. The Last Jedi
  20. Bedknobs and Broomsticks 
  21. The Jungle Book 1967
  22. Beauty and the Beast(1991)
  23. Miracle 
  24. Alice in Wonderland (1951)
  25. Remember the Titans
  26. The Lion King (1994)
  27. Fantasia
  28. Toy Story
  29. The Nightmare Before Christmas 
  30. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol2
  31. The Sixth Sense
  32. Avengers Endgame 
  33. National Treasure 
  34. Toy Story 3
  35. Robin Hood
  36. Scream 
  37. The Prestige
  38. The Little Mermaid 
  39. Rogue One
  40. The Love Bug
  41. Coco
  42. Ed Wood
  43. Peter Pan
  44. The Emperor’s New Groove
  45. The Rocketeer
  46. Rounders 
  47. The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
  48. Armageddon 
  49. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
  50. The Living Desert 
  51. Inside Out
  52. Kill Bill Vol 1
  53. Avatar the Way of Water
  54. The Muppets
  55. O Brother Where Art Thou
  56. Pirates of the Caribbean:  Dead Man’s Chest
  57. The Muppet Christmas Carol
  58. Con Air
  59. Sleeping Beauty 
  60. Darby O’Gill and the Little People
  61. Star Wars the Force Awakens 
  62. Lady and the Tramp(1955)
  63. Treasure Island 
  64. Tangled
  65. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  66. One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961)
  67. Dick Tracy
  68. Frozen
  69. What About Bob?
  70. That Darn Cat(1965)
  71. Captain America the First Avenger
  72. The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
  73. Wreck it Ralph
  74. Mr. Holland’s Opua
  75. Never Cry Wolf
  76. What’s Love Got To Do With Ir
  77. High Fidelity 
  78. The Absent Minded Professor 
  79. Up
  80. The Parent Trap(1961)
  81. Moana
  82. Monsters Inc.
  83. Tarzan
  84. Swiss Family Robinson 
  85. Zootopia
  86. Soul
  87. The Shaggy Dog (1959)
  88. GI Jane
  89. The Aviator 
  90. Freaky Friday (1976)
  91. Tron
  92. Dragonslayer
  93. Chungking Express
  94. Princess Mononoke
  95. Unbreakable
  96. Turning Red
  97. Splash 
  98. Popeye
  99. The Shaggy DA
  100. Escape to Witch Mountain
Edited by DAR
  • Like 4

I figure I might as well post my own list here.

1. Spirited Away (2001)
  2. Turning Red (2022)
  3. Princess Mononoke (1997)
  4. Pulp Fiction (1994)
  5. Whisper of the Heart (1995)
  6. Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
  7. Zootopia (2016)
  8. Pinocchio (1940)
  9. Bambi (1942)
  10. Inside Out (2015)
  11. The Lion King (1994)
  12. The Incredibles (2004)
  13. Monsters Inc (2001)
  14. Aladdin (1992)
  15. Ratatouille (2007)
  16. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
  17. The Sixth Sense (1999)
  18. The Emperor's New Groove (2000)
  19. The Three Caballeros (1944)
  20. Saludos Amigos (1942)
  21. Lilo & Stitch (2002)
  22. Tarzan (1999)
  23. Lady and the Tramp (1955)
  24. Fantasia (1940)
  25. WALL-E (2008)
  26. Coco (2017)
  27. Toy Story (1995)
  28. Toy Story 2 (1999)
  29. Finding Nemo (2003)
  30. Soul (2020)
  31. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves (1937)
  32. Moana (2016)
  33. Up (2009)
  34. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
  35. Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)
  36. Cinderella (1950)
  37. Mary Poppins (1964)
  38. The Little Mermaid (1989)
  39. The Jungle Book (1967)
  40. Frozen (2013)
  41. Bolt (2008)
  42. The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)
  43. Ponyo (2008)
  44. Luca (2021)
  45. O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)
  46. The Princess Diaries (2001)
  47. The Great Mouse Detective (1986)
  48. Sleeping Beauty (1959)
  49. Spy Kids (2001)
  50. Honey I Shrunk the Kids (1989)
  51. Bringing Out the Dead (1999)
  52. Quiz Show (1994)
  53. Disney's The Kid (2000)
  54. The Muppets (2011)
  55. Air Bud (1997)
  56. The Black Cauldron (1985)
  57. The Love Bug (1968)
  58. Freaky Friday (2003)
  59. The Fox and the Hound (1981)
  60. A Bug's Life (1998)
  61. Beauty and the Beast (1991)
  62. The Santa Clause (1994)
  63. Inspector Gadget (1999)
  64. Hercules (1997)
  65. Mulan (1998)
  66. The Princess and the Frog (2009)
  67. Meet the Robinsons (2007)
  68. Arrietty (2010)
  69. Monsters University (2013)
  70. Finding Dory (2016)
  71. Incredibles 2 (2018)
  72. Cars (2006)
  73. Mary Poppins Returns (2018)
  74. Home on the Range (2004)
  75. Snow Dogs (2002)
  76. The Santa Clause 2 (2002)
  77. Holes (2003)
  78. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
  79. Raya and the Last Dragon (2021)
  80. The Jungle Book (2016)
  81. Big Hero 6 (2014)
  82. Brave (2012)
  83. Toy Story 3 (2010)
  84. Waking Sleeping Beauty (2010)
  85. Alice in Wonderland (1951)
  86. High School Musical (2006)
  87. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
  88. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977)
  89. Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001)
  90. Remember the Titans (2000)
  91. Recess: School's Out (2001)
  92. Old Yeller (1957)
  93. The Rookie (2002)
  94. Oliver & Company (1988)
  95. Return to Never Land (2002)
  96. Treasure Planet (2002)
  97. One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961)
  98. 101 Dalmatians (1996)
  99. James and the Giant Peach (1996)
  100. George of the Jungle (1997)

Yes I know some of these are trash. Don't mind it, though.

• Like 2

Want to squeeze in a few more watches (mainly some of the Spielberg movies he did with Disney), but I don't know if I'll have the time to before the deadline. So for my final final top 100...

1. The Sixth Sense

2. The Straight Story

3. Life is Beautiful

4. Cinderella

5. Unbreakable

6. Lady and the Tramp

7. Wall-E

8. The Joy Luck Club

9. Princess Mononoke

10. Dead Poets Society

11. Bambi

12. Beloved

13. Finding Nemo

14. The Emperor’s New Groove

15. Inside Out

16. The Royal Tenenbaums

17. Aladdin

18. Good Will Hunting

19. Lilo & Stitch

20. Scream

21. Who Framed Roger Rabbit

22. Enchanted

23. The Jungle Book

24. Beauty and the Beast

25. Spirited Away

26. Face/Off

27. Toy Story 2

28. Zootopia

29. Black Panther

30. Pinocchio

31. Bringing Out the Dead

32. Mary Poppins

33. 101 Dalmatians

34. The Others

35. The Little Mermaid

36. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

37. Master and Commander: Far Side of the World

38. Waking Sleeping Beauty

39. Coco

40. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

41. Star Wars: The Last Jedi

42. Never Cry Wolf

43. Frozen

44. Chunking Express

45. In the Bedroom

46. Crimson Tide

47. There Will Be Blood

48. The Muppet Christmas Carol

49. Trainspotting

50. Doubt

51. Ruthless People

52. Rushmore

53. Pulp Fiction

54. Snow White

55. Starship Troopers

56. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

57. What About Bob?

58. City of God

59. No Country for Old Men

60. Bullets Over Broadway

61. High Fidelity

62. Con Air

63. The Prestige

64. Phineas and Ferb: The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension

65. Popeye

66. Return to Oz

67. The Village

68. Pretty Woman

69. The Piano

70. The Hurricane

71. Swingers

72. Old Yeller

73. Quiz Show

74. The Talented Mr. Ripley

75. The Nightmare Before Christmas

76. Down and Out in Beverly Hills

77. Darby O’Gill and the Little People

78. Tron

79. Kundun

80. Sister Act

81. Tombstone

82. From Dusk Till Dawn

83. Jackie Brown

84. Die Hard with a Vengeance

85. Dick Tracy

86. Shakespeare in Love

87. Ed Wood

88. Clerks

89. Pete’s Dragon (2016)

90. The Insider

91. Chicago

92. That Darn Cat

93. Ponyo

94. The Great Mouse Detective

95. Frank and Ollie

96. The Parent Trap 1998

97. Homeward Bound

98. Shaolin Soccer

99. 10 Things I Hate About You

100. Call Me By Your Name

• Like 3

1. Coco
  2. Spirited Away
  3. The Incredibles
  4. Chicago
  5. Saving Mr. Banks
  6. Tangled
  7. Pinocchio (old)
  8. Tarzan
  9. Princess Kaguya
  10. When Marnie Was There
  11. Toy Story II
  12. Sleeping Beauty
  13. Ratatouille
  14. Black Panther
  15. The Lion King (old)
  16. Aladdin (2019)
  17. Beauty and The Beast (old)
  18. The Sorcerer’s Apprentice (2010)
  19. Force Awakens
  20. Guardians of the Galaxy 1
  21. Turning Red
  22. Toy Story I
  23. Cinderella (old)
  24. Monsters Inc
  25. Encanto
  26. Doubt
  27. The Jungle Book (old)
  28. The Emperor’s New Groove
  29. Last Jedi
  30. Rogue One
  31. Mulan (old)
  32. Ponyo
  33. Sky High
  34. The Red Turtle
  35. Amelie
  36. The Little Mermaid (old)
  37. Saving Mr. Banks
  38. Iron Man 1
  39. Thor Ragnarok
  40. Iron Man 3
  41. Iron Man 2
  42. Chico and Rita
  43. Wreck it Ralph 2
  44. Hercules
  45. Moana
  46. Secret of The Wings
  47. National Treasure
  48. Emperor’s New Groove
  49. A Christmas Carol
  50. Iron Monkey
  51. Cinderella (2015)
  52. Cruella
  53. The Jungle Book (2016)
  54. Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century
  55. Lion King 2 Simba’s Pride
  56. The Secret World of Arietty
  57. Infinity War
  58. Lilo and Stitch
  59. Aristocats
  60. King Arthur
  61. Rise of Skywalker
  62. Holes
  63. Eddie’s Million Dollar Cookoff
  64. the Cheetah Girls
  65. Kim Possible A Stitch in Time
  66. Recess Taking the 5th Grade
  67. West Side Story (new)
  68. Ad Astra
  69. Sky High
  70. Mary Poppins
  71. Frozen II
  72. Frozen
  73. Enchanted
  74. Kim Possible (Live Action 2019)
  75. Toy Story III

That's probably going to be it, just have to send it.

• Like 3

1. Bambi (1942)
  2. Princess Mononoke (1997)
  3. WALL-E (2008)
  4. Ed Wood (1994)
  5. Scream (1996)
  6. Whisper of the Heart (1995)
  7. The Incredibles (2004)
  8. The Prestige (2006)
  9. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
  10. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003)
  11. The Straight Story (1999)
  12. Avatar: The Way of Water (2022)
  13. Pinocchio (1940)
  14. Toy Story 2 (1999)
  15. Toy Story (1995)
  16. Jackie Brown (1997)
  17. Aladdin (1992)
  18. The Lion King (1994)
  19. Finding Nemo (2003)
  20. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (2006)
  21. Call Me by Your Name (2017)
  22. Fantasia (1940)
  23. Monsters, Inc. (2001)
  24. The Empty Man (2020)
  25. Beauty and the Beast (1991)
  26. Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (1988)
  27. Starship Troopers (1997)
  28. Dead Poets Society (1989)
  29. No Country for Old Men (2007)
  30. Lilo and Stitch (2002)
  31. The Wind Rises (2013)
  32. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
  33. Toy Story 3 (2010)
  34. Tangled (2010)
  35. Face/Off (1997)
  36. The Sixth Sense (1999)
  37. When Marnie Was There (2014)
  38. The Emperor’s New Groove (2000)
  39. Luca (2021)
  40. Wendy (2020)
  41. The Village (2004)
  42. City of God (2003)
  43. West Side Story (2021)
  44. Howl’s Moving Castle (2004)
  45. Tarzan (1999)
  46. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977)
  47. Mary Poppins (1964)
  48. There Will Be Blood (2007)
  49. Shaolin Soccer (2001)
  50. Apocalypto (2006)
  51. The Faculty (1998)
  52. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
  53. The French Dispatch (2021)
  54. Barbarian (2022)
  55. Sleeping Beauty (1959)
  56. Peter Pan (1953)
  57. A Goofy Movie (1995)
  58. Up (2009)
  59. Turning Red (2022)
  60. The Banshees of Inisherin (2022)
  61. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (2007)
  62. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
  63. Ratatouille (2007)
  64. The Little Mermaid (1989)
  65. Alice in Wonderland (1951)
  66. Soul (2020)
  67. The Last Duel (2021)
  68. Chungking Express (1994)
  69. Scream 2 (1997)
  70. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954)
  71. Kill Bill Vol. 1 (2003)
  72. Sin City (2005)
  73. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
  74. Spirited Away (2001)
  75. Coco (2017)
  76. Encanto (2021)
  77. Bad Santa (2003)
  78. Amelie (2001)
  79. Moana (2016)
  80. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
  81. The Cat Returns (2002)
  82. Iron Man 3 (2013)
  83. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (2005)
  84. Treasure Planet (2002)
  85. Insomnia (2002)
  86. O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)
  87. The Rocketeer (1991)
  88. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
  89. Scary Movie (2000)
  90. Kill Bill Vol. 2 (2004)
  91. Lady and the Tramp (1955)
  92. A Bug’s Life (1998)
  93. Fantasia 2000 (1999)
  94. One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961)
  95. Black Panther (2018)
  96. The Secret World of Arrietty (2012)
  97. The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)
  98. James and the Giant Peach (1996)
  99. Ponyo (2009)
  100. Pulp Fiction (1994)
  • Like 4

Only two days remain. Second-to-last roll call. You have until tomorrow to submit (though I will accept late submissions before I publish the list). If you have sent a list already, ignore this.

21C@35MM-18@3jp@4815162342@75Live@8wombi7@A Star is Orm@abra@abracadabra1998@AdrianL@Alex SciChannel@Alexdube@Amadeus@Anduin@AndyK@AndyLL@AnotherDayAnotherDollar@A Marvel Fanboy@A Star is Orm@a2k@aabattery@Agafin@AJG@ando@AN9815@Arlborn@ACSlater@andersonhoran@AnDr3s@Andreas@AniNate@Aristis@Ash Skywalker@Asyulus@Avatree@BadOlCatSylvester@Barnack@ban1o@belblazer@BestPicturePlutoNash@Blipsy@Blaze Heatnix@bleachella@BoxOfficeFangrl@Box Office Hit@Boxofficerules@BoxOfficeZ@baumer@BeastByTheBay@Biggestgeekever@Bigscrubnus@Brandon Gray@Borf the Borf@Bordlove@Borobudur@Bruce@BruiseCruise@B J@bcf26@BourneFan #1@Black Hawk@Black Panther@Blackout@Brainbug@Caboose@Carlangonz@cannastop@CaptNathanBrittles@catlover@Caesar@Caylu@cdsacken@Cedarpoint1111@cedec0@CJohn@Chaz@Cheddar Please@ChipDerby@cheesypoofs@Claudio@Coldbird@Coneilg93@Claire of Themyscira@Cmasterclay@cmbbox2390@Cap@Captain Craig@Cappoedameron@CrashBandicoot81@cruelintentionsisgoated@Cruel Summer@cookie@CoolioD1@CoolK@cax16@ChD@Catty@Chewy@cdsacken@DAJK@Dandeak2000@Danhjpn@DAR@darkelf@Darth Lehnsherr@Daxtreme@datpepper@Dbui8743@DC Rich@ddddeeee@DeeCee@Deep Wang@Deja23@DlAMONDZ@Doffy@Dominic Draper@Dragoncaine@druv10@Djsoke@DlAMONDZ@DMan7@DoctorWho@Dragon@dudalb@Durden@#ED@EarlyDeadlinePredictions@ecstasy@Eevin@efialtes76@El Gato@el sid@El Squibbonator@Elessar@elcaballero@ElsaRoc@Empire@Eric the Lion@Essem@Ethan Edwards@Ethan Hunt@european1992@excel1@exomassey@expensiveho@Ezen Baklattan@fabiopazzo2@Factcheck@Fancyarcher@FantasticBeasts@filmlover@filmnerdjamie@FilmFincher@Finnick@Firepower@Fielding@Flamengo81@fmpro@franfar@Fullbuster@Galactic Specter@Gamora@Gavin Feng@George Parr@Grebacio@Giesi@Goffe@Godzilla@Gokai Red@Goldenhour36@Gopher@GOXOG@Grebacio@grey ghost@grim22@Hades@harrisonisdead@Hatebox@Heretic@HeyMast@HesAPooka@Hilpkioy@HouseOfTheSun@Horner@hw64@IcarusReborn@IceFire9yt@IdahoJacket@iHeartJames@imbruglia@In XXR We Trust@Inceptionzq@Infernus@infamous5445@interiorgatordecorator@Ipickthiswhiterose@IronJimbo@Issac Newton@Ithil@Jack Nevada@Jake Gittes@Jake Lockley@James@Jamiem@Jandrew@Jason@Jay Beezy@Jayhawk the Hutt@jedijake@Jeight@jb007@JB33@Jiffy@Jim Shorts@JJ-8@jking123@Joel M@John Marston@john2000@John2015@johnfalkon@Johnny Tran@JonahVex@John Rambo@Julian1410@Juby@JustLurking@JWR@K1stpierre@Kalo@katnisscinnaplex@kayumanggi@kitik@KJsooner@Krissykins@Keanu@Knights of Ren@KP1025@krla@Kvikk Lunsj@lab276@Last Man Standing@Ledmonkey96@LegendaryBen@Legion By Night@LeoC@Lestranger@Liiviig 1998@lilmac@Lion Roar@ListenHunnyUrOver@LinksterAC@LonePirate@longleo90@lorddemaxus@lor15@Lothar@Lucas@LPLC@LVB@M37@m3racer123@Macleod@Madhuvan@MadGoose@Maggie@Mango@Mankatha@Manny G@Marek the Jedi@marveldcfox@MCKillswitch123@Marcos12@Mau@Mekanos@Menor Reborn@MG10@Michael Gary Scott@mikeymichael@MikeQ@Minnale101@misafeco@mmacader@Mojoguy@Momori@Moses@Morieris@MovieMan89@motionpic05@MOVIEGUY@Movie nerd@Movies4Life@MrGlass2@MrGamer@MrFanaticGuy34@MrPink@Mr Terrific@Ms Lady Hawk@Mulder@MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie@NamakFiskKa@Napoleon@narniadis@NCsoft@nerves@Nero@nevermore@newbie BO buff@nghtvsn@nguyenkhoi282@nick64@Nikostar@Noctis@Noiret Jak@noknobs@Noodlebug@Notthereverseflash24@Nova@Nublar7@Ohana@Olive@Omario@oMeriMombatti@Omni@OncomingStorm93@Orestes@Ozymandias@parkerthegreat@PanaMovie@PDC1987@peludo@PenguinHyphy@pepsa@PhilipJ2001@picores@Pinacolada@Plain Old Tele@PlatnumRoyce@PKMLover@PNF2187@Porthos@porginchina@Potiki@poweranimals@Purple Minion@Pypa94@Quigley@RamblinRed@raulbalarezo@RealLyre@Rebeccas@reddevil19@Reddroast@redfirebird2008@RexTheMan14@RichWS@ringedmortality@RJ 95@RobrtmanAStarWarsReference@RobinHood26@Ronin46@romeross@Rorschach@Royce@RRA@RthMav@rukaio101@Ryan Reynolds@Ryaner90@Samwise the Brave@Sandro Mazzola@Saul Goodman@Sam@ScareLol@SchumacherFTW@scoobysaurus@setna@Seto Kaiba@seduh7@Seth Irskens@sfran43@Shanks@Shawn@Sheikh@Simionski@Sindreee@Sir Tiki@Skim Beeble@SLAM!@snitch@snarkmachine@SnokesLegs@solaris@SoSaysI@Sophie@SpiderByte@Spidey Freak@Starphanluke@Steele131@stephanos13@Stewart@Sue Denim@TalismanRing@Talkie@Taruseth@tawasal@TerwillikerInst@terrestrial@TestPattern@That One Guy@ThatWaluigiDude@TheDarkKnightOfSteel@The Dark Alfred@The Dark Rock@The Fast and the Furiosa@The Horror of Lucas Films@The GOAT@The Panda@The Stingray@TheDude391@ThePhasmid@Thomas Beck@ThomasNicole@THUNDER BIRD@TigerPaw@TiagoRodrigues@Tinalera@titanic2187@TLK@TMP@Tokugennumataka@Torontofan@Tower@TwoMisfits@Valonqar@vale9001@Vanilla@VanillaSkies@vc2002@ViewerAnon@ViktorLosAngeles@Wadey Wilsoney@Walt Disney@Warhorse@watcher1232@water@Water Bottle@WayneBorg@Webslinger@WeThrones@WeneedtotalkaboutKevin@wildphantom@WittyUsername@Wonder89@WorkingonaName@Wormow@Wrath@WrathOfHan@Xavier@Xillix@xieh tie@XO21@Yandereprime101189@YLF@YM!@YSLDC@ZackM@Zakiyyah6@ZeeSoh@Zeiden16 @screambaby@Kyriacos@Sckathian@Willowra@TheFlatLannister@Clear Sky Master@todos@Sampath Kumar@oenri@StreamBO@danziger@froztking@UKBoxOffice@GOGODanca@adaros@Doffy@nerves@Flip@CaptNathanBrittles

@SLAM! @emoviefan@Bob Train

• Like 1

I went through the list in the original post and I have seen 285 of them so this is all of those ranked. This top 100 will surely be amongst the least Disneyish.

Spoiler

1 City Of God 2003
2 Princess Mononoke 1999
3 The Last Duel 2021
4 Taare Zameen Par 2007
5 The Banshees Of Inisherin 2022
6 The Talented Mr. Ripley 1999
7 Citizen Ruth 1996
8 Pulp Fiction 1994
9 Gangs Of New York 2002
10 The Menu 2022
11 WALL-E 2008
12 There Will Be Blood 2007
13 Jackie Brown 1997
14 Doubt 2008
15 The Boy In The Striped Pajamas 2008
16 Ratatouille 2007
17 Spirited Away 2001
18 The Sixth Sense 1999
19 The Tale Of The Princess Kaguya 2013
20 Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2014
21 Guardians Of The Galaxy 2014
22 Ford V Ferrari 2019
23 Bringing Out The Dead 1999
24 The Prestige 2006
25 Amelie 2001
26 Blindness 2008
27 Frida 2002
28 Dead Poets Society 1989
29 Ed Wood 1994
30 The Diving Bell And The Butterfly 2007
31 O Brother, Where Art Thou 2000
32 Pom Poko 1994
33 Kill Bill: Volume 2 2004
34 Farewell My Concubine 1993
35 Amsterdam 2022
36 Nightmare Alley 2021
37 Who Framed Roger Rabbit 1988
38 Clerks 1994
39 25th Hour 2002
40 Bridge Of Spies 2015
41 The Village 2004
42 Zootopia 2016
43 The Aviator 2004
44 The Help 2011
45 Infernal Affairs 2002
46 Lincoln 2012
47 Coco 2017
48 Con Air 1997
49 Cinderella Man 2005
50 No Country For Old Men 2007
51 Scream 1996
52 Jojo Rabbit 2019
53 Seabiscuit 2003
54 Gone Baby Gone 2007
55 Unbreakable 2000
56 Quiz Show 1994
57 Leon: The Professional 1994
58 Kundun 1997
59 Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl 2003
60 Apocalypto 2006
61 Thor 2011
62 Kill Bill: Volume 1 2003
63 Master And Commander: The Far Side Of The World 2003
64 The Rock 1996
65 Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 2022
66 Dangal 2016
67 The Avengers 2012
68 Toy Story 2 1999
69 High Fidelity 2000
70 The Princess And The Frog 2009
71 Free Guy 2021
72 Never Cry Wolf 1983
73 When Marnie Was There 2014
74 Toy Story 3 2010
75 Black Panther 2018
76 Sin City 2005
77 Toy Story 1995
78 Wendy 2020
79 Enemy Of The State 1998
80 Frankenweenie 2012
81 Darby O'Gill And The Little People 1959
82 Chicago 2002
83 Wreck-It Ralph 2012
84 The Hunchback Of Notre Dame 1996
85 Rushmore 1998
86 Spider-Man: No Way Home 2021
87 Shaolin Soccer 2001
88 Inside Out 2015
89 Fantasia 1940
90 The Cat Returns 2002
91 Captain America: The First Avenger 2011
92 The Others 2001
93 A Bug's Life 1998
94 Bob's Burgers: The Movie 2022
95 Whisper Of The Heart 1995
96 Good Will Hunting 1997
97 Captain America: Civil War 2016
98 Pretty Woman 1990
99 Tombstone 1993
100 Soul 2020
101 Aladdin 1992
102 Garden State 2004
103 The Insider 1999
104 The Queen 2006
105 The Wind Rises 2013
106 The French Dispatch 2021
107 Noises Off... 1992
108 Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets 2017
109 Insomnia 2002
110 The Ladykillers 2004
111 Ready Or Not 2019
112 The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou 2004
113 Star Wars: The Last Jedi 2017
114 Queen Of Katwe 2016
115 Honey, I Shrunk The Kids 1989
116 Bruce Almighty 2003
117 Flight Of The Navigator 1986
118 Finding Nemo 2003
119 Avatar: The Way Of Water 2022
120 Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings 2021
121 POTC: Dead Man's Chest 2006
122 Ad Astra 2019
123 Up 2009
124 Good Luck To You, Leo Grande 2022
125 Old Yeller 1957
126 Air force One 1997
127 The Great Mouse Detective 1986
128 Face/Off 1997
129 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 2016
130 The Nightmare Before Christmas 1993
131 The Royal Tenenbaums 2001
132 Finding Neverland 2004
133 Avengers: Endgame 2019
134 That Darn Cat! 1965
135 The BFG 2016
136 Star Wars: The Force Awakens 2015
137 Blood In, Blood Out 1993
138 From Up On Poppy Hill 2011
139 Avengers: Infinity War 2018
140 Spider-Man: Homecoming 2017
141 Ant-Man 2015
142 Luca 2021
143 Big Hero 6 2014
144 The Jungle Book 2016
145 War Horse 2011
146 Flubber 1997
147 Treasure Island 1950
148 Avengers: Age Of Ultron 2015
149 Rabbit-Proof Fence 2002
150 The Little Mermaid 1989
151 James And The Giant Peach 1996
152 The Joy Luck Club 1993
153 The Rescuers 1977
154 Black Widow 2021
155 Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness 2022
156 The Lion King 1994
157 Thor: The Dark World 2013
158 Pinocchio 1940
159 The Secret World Of Arrietty 2010
160 The Adventures Of Ichabod And Mr. Toad 1949
161 Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End 2007
162 Judy 2019
163 Doctor Strange 2016
164 Brave 2012
165 Swiss Family Robinson 1960
166 The Piano 1993
167 Children Of Heaven 1997
168 The Emperor's New Groove 2000
169 Bedknobs And Broomsticks 1971
170 Chungking Express 1994
171 Rounders 1998
172 The Incredibles 2004
173 Solo: A Star Wars Story 2018
174 The Rescuers Down Under 1990
175 The Parent Trap 1961
176 Sling Blade 1996
177 The Fox And The Hound 1981
178 Hero 2002
179 Encanto 2021
180 Howl's Moving Castle 2005
181 Pollyanna 1960
182 My Neighbours The Yamadas 1999
183 Chocolat 2000
184 Bolt 2008
185 Life Is Beautiful 1997
186 Lady And The Tramp 1955
187 Raya And The Last Dragon 2021
188 TRON: Legacy 2010
189 Spider-Man: Far From Home 2019
190 West Side Story 2021
191 Cars 2006
192 Bridget Jones's Diary 2002
193 Real Steel 2011
194 Tangled 2010
195 The Rocketeer 1991
196 Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time 2010
197 Cool Runnings 1993
198 John Carter 2012
199 Remember The Titans 2000
200 Beauty And The Beast 1991
201 Cruella 2021
202 The Call Of The Wild 2020
203 Strange World 2022
204 The Absent Minded Professor 1961
205 Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 2017
206 Ponyo 2008
207 Iron Monkey 1993
208 Turning Red 2022
209 Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 2011
210 The Cider House Rules 1999
211 Lilo & Stitch 2002
212 TRON 1982
213 Oliver & Company 1988
214 Bridge To Terabithia 2007
215 Moana 2016
216 One Hundred And One Dalmatians 1961
217 Eternals 2021
218 Meet The Robinsons 2007
219 The Color Of Money 1986
220 In The Bedroom 2001
221 Alice In Wonderland 2010
222 Thor: Love And Thunder 2022
223 Trainspotting 1996
224 Glass 2019
225 Monsters Inc. 2001
226 The Straight Story 1999
227 Captain Marvel 2019
228 The Aristocats 1970
229 Toy Story 4 2019
230 Armageddon 1998
231 Iron Man 3 2013
232 Good Morning, Vietnam 1987
233 Starship Troopers 1997
234 Monsters University 2013
235 Hercules 1997
236 Ant-Man And The Wasp 2018
237 Shakespeare In Love 1998
238 Treasure Planet 2002
239 Cinderella 1950
240 Jungle Cruise 2021
241 Frozen 2013
242 Barbarian 2022
243 The Black Cauldron 1985
244 Onward 2020
245 The Red Turtle 2016
246 Pearl Harbor 2001
247 Pocahontas 1995
248 Hocus Pocus 1993
249 Thor: Ragnarok 2017
250 Tarzan 1999
251 Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales 2017
252 Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker 2019
253 The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh 1977
254 X-Men: Dark Phoenix 2019
255 Il Postino: The Postman 1994
256 Finding Dory 2016
257 The Hours 2002
258 Incredibles 2 2018
259 Bambi 1940
260 Ralph Breaks The Internet 2018
261 Lightyear 2022
262 Robin Hood 1973
263 The Good Dinosaur 2015
264 The Jungle Book 1967
265 3 Men And A Baby 1987
266 The English Patient 1996
267 Beauty And The Beast 2017
268 Frozen 2 2019
269 Dil Bechara 2020
270 Sleeping Beauty 1959
271 Mulan 1998
272 Peter Pan 1953
273 The Castle 1997
274 Nomadland 2020
275 Equilibrium 2002
276 Dumbo 1941
277 The Three Caballeros 1944
278 Inspector Gadget 1999
279 A Goofy Movie 1995
280 Alice In Wonderland 1951
281 Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs 1937
282 Sonatine 1993
283 Call Me By Your Name 2017
284 Mary Poppins 1964
285 The Sword In The Stone 1963

Edited by Tower
  • Like 4

1. Avengers: Endgame
  2. Mary Poppins 
  3. Spirited Away
  4. Pinocchio (1940)
  5. Toy Story
  6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  7. Beauty and the Beast (1991)
  8. Coco
  9. Howl’s Moving Castle
  10. Call Me By Your Name
  11. Soul
  12. WALL-E
  13. Avengers: Infinity War
  14. Dumbo (1941)
  15. Sleeping Beauty  
  16. Pulp Fiction
  17. Aladdin
  18. Finding Nemo
  19. The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
  20. Bambi (1942)
  21. Ed Wood
  22. The Royal Tenenbaums
  23. Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
  24. No Country for Old Men
  25. Moana
  26. Inside Out
  27. Captain America: The First Avenger
  28. The English Patient
  29. Amelie
  30. The Lion King (1994)
  31. Rushmore
  32. The Joy Luck Club
  33. Captain America: Civil War
  34. Iron Man 3
  35. Zootopia
  36. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
  37. Monsters, Inc.
  38. The Incredibles
  39. The Wind Rises
  40. The Avengers
  41. Bullets Over Broadway
  42. Mulan (1998)
  43. What’s Love Got to Do With It?
  44. Lilo & Stitch
  45. Fantasia  (1940)
  46. The Jungle Book (2016)
  47. Jackie Brown
  48. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
  49. The Matador
  50. Quiz Show
  51. Ratatouille
  52. The Little Mermaid (1989)
  53. Toy Story 3
  54. The Nightmare Before Christmas
  55. Toy Story 4 (edited)
  56. The Sixth Sense
  57. Bridget Jones’ Diary
  58. Spider-Man: No Way Home
  59. Shaolin Soccer
  60. Kill Bill: Volume 1
  61. The Color of Money 
  62. Chungking Express
  63. Sling Blade
  64. Lady and the Tramp (1955)
  65. My Neighbors the Yamadas
  66. Thor Ragnarok
  67. Pollyanna (1960)
  68. Bridge of Spies
  69. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977)
  70. Bedknobs and Broomsticks
  71. The Ref
  72. Black Panther
  73. Up
  74. Jojo Rabbit
  75. The Snapper
  76. Dead Poets Society 
  77. Crimson Tide
  78. Good Morning, Vietnam
  79. The Prestige
  80. Old Yeller (1957)
  81. Venus
  82. The Insider
  83. The Emperor’s New Groove
  84. The Princess and the Frog
  85. The Muppet Christmas Carol
  86. Wreck-It Ralph 
  87. Never Cry Wolf
  88. The Parent Trap (1961)
  89. Enemy of the State
  90. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954)
  91. Shakespeare in Love
  92. Pete’s Dragon (2016)
  93. Tangled 
  94. Hercules
  95. Ponyo
  96. Toy Story 2
  97. Chicago
  98. Kill Bill Vol. 2
  99. The Others
  100. Insomnia

A really odd and difficult list to rank - but enough fiddling.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 5