grim22

BOT Top 25 movies of 2023 | Send in your lists by March 1 2024

Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

It's the new year, which means its time to collectively decide which were the best movies of the year gone by. The BOT Top 25 is back. 

Send in your ranked lists to me by EOD March 1 2024 and I will aim for the reveal on Dune Sunday.

PM me your lists. Only lists sent via PM will be counted.

• Like 6

21C@35MM-18@3jp@4815162342@75Live@8wombi7@A Star is Orm@abra@abracadabra1998@AdrianL@Alex SciChannel@Alexdube@Amadeus@Anduin@AndyK@AndyLL@AnotherDayAnotherDollar@A Marvel Fanboy@A Star is Orm@a2k@aabattery@Agafin@AJG@ando@AN9815@Arlborn@ACSlater@andersonhoran@AnDr3s@Andreas@AniNate@Aristis@Ash Skywalker@Asyulus@Avatree@BadOlCatSylvester@Barnack@ban1o@belblazer@BestPicturePlutoNash@Blipsy@Blaze Heatnix@bleachella@BoxOfficeFangrl@Box Office Hit@Boxofficerules@BoxOfficeZ@baumer@BeastByTheBay@Biggestgeekever@Bigscrubnus@Brandon Gray@Borf the Borf@Bordlove@Borobudur@Bruce@BruiseCruise@B J@bcf26@BourneFan #1@Black Hawk@Black Panther@Blackout@Brainbug@Caboose@Carlangonz@cannastop@CaptNathanBrittles@catlover@Caesar@Caylu@cdsacken@Cedarpoint1111@cedec0@CJohn@Chaz@Cheddar Please@ChipDerby@cheesypoofs@Claudio@Coldbird@Coneilg93@Claire of Themyscira@Cmasterclay@cmbbox2390@Cap@Captain Craig@Cappoedameron@CrashBandicoot81@cruelintentionsisgoated@Cruel Summer@cookie@CoolioD1@CoolK@cax16@ChD@Catty@Chewy@cdsacken@DAJK@Dandeak2000@Danhjpn@DAR@darkelf@Darth Lehnsherr@Daxtreme@datpepper@Dbui8743@DC Rich@ddddeeee@DeeCee@Deep Wang@Deja23@DlAMONDZ@Doffy@Dominic Draper@Dragoncaine@druv10@Djsoke@DlAMONDZ@DMan7@DoctorWho@Dragon@dudalb@Durden@#ED@EarlyDeadlinePredictions@ecstasy@Eevin@efialtes76@El Gato@el sid@El Squibbonator@Elessar@elcaballero@ElsaRoc@Empire@Eric the Lion@Essem@Ethan Edwards@Ethan Hunt@european1992@excel1@exomassey@expensiveho@Ezen Baklattan@fabiopazzo2@Factcheck@Fancyarcher@FantasticBeasts@filmlover@filmnerdjamie@FilmFincher@Finnick@Firepower@Fielding@Flamengo81@fmpro@franfar@Fullbuster@Galactic Specter@Gamora@Gavin Feng@George Parr@Grebacio@Giesi@Goffe@Godzilla@Gokai Red@Goldenhour36@Gopher@GOXOG@Grebacio@grey ghost@grim22@Hades@harrisonisdead@Hatebox@Heretic@HeyMast@HesAPooka@Hilpkioy@HouseOfTheSun@Horner@hw64@IcarusReborn@IceFire9yt@IdahoJacket@iHeartJames@imbruglia@In XXR We Trust@Inceptionzq@Infernus@infamous5445@interiorgatordecorator@Ipickthiswhiterose@IronJimbo@Issac Newton@Ithil@Jack Nevada@Jake Gittes@Jake Lockley@James@Jamiem@Jandrew@Jason@Jay Beezy@Jayhawk the Hutt@jedijake@Jeight@jb007@JB33@Jiffy@Jim Shorts@JJ-8@jking123@Joel M@John Marston@john2000@John2015@johnfalkon@Johnny Tran@JonahVex@John Rambo@Julian1410@Juby@JustLurking@JWR@K1stpierre@Kalo@katnisscinnaplex@kayumanggi@kitik@KJsooner@Krissykins@Keanu@Knights of Ren@KP1025@krla@Kvikk Lunsj@lab276@Last Man Standing@Ledmonkey96@LegendaryBen@Legion By Night@LeoC@Lestranger@Liiviig 1998@lilmac@Lion Roar@ListenHunnyUrOver@LinksterAC@LonePirate@longleo90@lorddemaxus@lor15@Lothar@Lucas@LPLC@LVB@M37@m3racer123@Macleod@Madhuvan@MadGoose@Maggie@Mango@Mankatha@Manny G@Marek the Jedi@marveldcfox@MCKillswitch123@Marcos12@Mau@Mekanos@Menor Reborn@MG10@Michael Gary Scott@mikeymichael@MikeQ@Minnale101@misafeco@mmacader@Mojoguy@Momori@Moses@Morieris@MovieMan89@motionpic05@MOVIEGUY@Movie nerd@Movies4Life@MrGlass2@MrGamer@MrFanaticGuy34@MrPink@Mr Terrific@Ms Lady Hawk@Mulder@MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie@NamakFiskKa@Napoleon@narniadis@NCsoft@nerves@Nero@nevermore@newbie BO buff@nghtvsn@nguyenkhoi282@nick64@Nikostar@Noctis@Noiret Jak@noknobs@Noodlebug@Notthereverseflash24@Nova@Nublar7@Ohana@Olive@Omario@oMeriMombatti@Omni@OncomingStorm93@Orestes@Ozymandias@parkerthegreat@PanaMovie@PDC1987@peludo@PenguinHyphy@pepsa@PhilipJ2001@picores@Pinacolada@Plain Old Tele@PlatnumRoyce@PKMLover@PNF2187@Porthos@porginchina@Potiki@poweranimals@Purple Minion@Pypa94@Quigley@RamblinRed@raulbalarezo@RealLyre@Rebeccas@reddevil19@Reddroast@redfirebird2008@RexTheMan14@RichWS@ringedmortality@RJ 95@RobrtmanAStarWarsReference@RobinHood26@Ronin46@romeross@Rorschach@Royce@RRA@RthMav@rukaio101@Ryan Reynolds@Ryaner90@Samwise the Brave@Sandro Mazzola@Saul Goodman@Sam@ScareLol@SchumacherFTW@scoobysaurus@setna@Seto Kaiba@seduh7@Seth Irskens@sfran43@Shanks@Shawn@Sheikh@Simionski@Sindreee@Sir Tiki@Skim Beeble@SLAM!@snitch@snarkmachine@SnokesLegs@solaris@SoSaysI@Sophie@SpiderByte@Spidey Freak@Starphanluke@Steele131@stephanos13@Stewart@Sue Denim@TalismanRing@Talkie@Taruseth@tawasal@TerwillikerInst@terrestrial@TestPattern@That One Guy@ThatWaluigiDude@TheDarkKnightOfSteel@The Dark Alfred@The Dark Rock@The Fast and the Furiosa@The Horror of Lucas Films@The GOAT@The Panda@The Stingray@TheDude391@ThePhasmid@Thomas Beck@ThomasNicole@THUNDER BIRD@TigerPaw@TiagoRodrigues@Tinalera@titanic2187@TLK@TMP@Tokugennumataka@Torontofan@Tower@TwoMisfits@Valonqar@vale9001@Vanilla@VanillaSkies@vc2002@ViewerAnon@ViktorLosAngeles@Wadey Wilsoney@Walt Disney@Warhorse@watcher1232@water@Water Bottle@WayneBorg@Webslinger@WeThrones@WeneedtotalkaboutKevin@wildphantom@WittyUsername@Wonder89@WorkingonaName@Wormow@Wrath@WrathOfHan@Xavier@Xillix@xieh tie@XO21@Yandereprime101189@YLF@YM!@YSLDC@ZackM@Zakiyyah6@ZeeSoh@Zeiden16 @screambaby@Kyriacos@Sckathian@Willowra@TheFlatLannister@Clear Sky Master@todos@Sampath Kumar@oenri@StreamBO@danziger@froztking@UKBoxOffice@GOGODanca@adaros@Doffy@nerves@Flip@CaptNathanBrittles

@SLAM! @emoviefan@Bob Train @Eric Owns Mickey Mouse

• Like 1

Just submitted my Top 25 via DM. My #1 was easy with #2 a clear runner-up but my #3-#11 were all very close and I could easily have inverted them and been just as happy with the list.

I hope enough people see All of Us Strangers in the coming weeks so they include it in their lists.

I’ll submit later but mine is

1. Oppenheimer

2. The Boy and the Heron

3. Killers of the Flower Moon

4. Past Lives

5. The Iron Claw

6. The Holdovers

7. Dream Scenario

8. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

9. May December

10. Poor Things

11. Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret

12. Barbie

13. A Thousand and One

14. How to Blow Up a Pipeline

15. The Super Mario Bros Movie

16. Priscilla

17. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

18. Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

19. Asteroid City

20. Quiz Lady

21. Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1

22. Bottoms

23. Talk to Me

24. The Creator

25. Beau is Afraid

• Like 4

havent seen 25 2023 (yet)

gotta work the numbers to see if fast x makes it into my top 5

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

Nowhere close to being done with my yearly catch-up but here's how my current list stands:

1. Skinamarink

2. The Boy and the Heron

3. Oppenheimer

4. Suzume

5. The Holdovers

6. Godzilla Minus One

7. The Iron Claw

8. The Killer

9. Anatomy of a Fall

10. May December

11. How to Blow Up a Pipeline

12. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

13. John Wick: Chapter 4

14. Asteroid City

15. Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret

16. Poor Things

17. Blackberry

18. Air

19. Saw X

20. Talk to Me

21. Knock at the Cabin

22. TMNT: Mutant Mayhem

23. Showing Up

24. Past Lives

25. Passages

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

I have seen 46 films so far, and there are important films I still need to see, but here's what I have now:

1 Oppenheimer
2 Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse
3 Guardians Of The Galaxy 3
4 Killers Of The Flower Moon
5 Saltburn
6 Seven Blessings
7 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem
8 They Cloned Tyrone
9 The Holdovers
10 Past Lives
11 Bottoms
12 No Hard Feelings
13 Nyad
14 Dungeons & Dragons: Honour Among Thieves
15 Theater Camp
16 Elemental
17 John Wick 4
18 Dream Scenario
19 You Hurt My Feelings
20 Tetris
21 The Monkey House
22 Dumb Money
23 Priscilla
24 The Flash
25 Sisu
  • Like 2

Not anticipating my top 25 to change much from what I've already seen; I've seen basically all the big prestige films. Just need to watch a few international films and docs first.

Edited by WrathOfHan

This is what I've got so far. Kind of a disappointing year. I've seen 59 movies from 2023 and I don't think i've seen enough to fill a full 25 with good quality stuff that I like so hopefully will catch up on good stuff throughout the month.

1. The Boy and The Heron

2. May December

3. The Holdovers

4. Suzume

5. The Killer

6. Anatomy of a Fall

7. Showing Up

8. Perfect Days

9. Beau is Afraid

10. Oppenheimer

11. Asteroid City

12. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

13. Blackberry

14. Godzilla Minus One

15. The Creator

16. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mutant Mayhem

17. Killers of the Flower Moon

18. John Wick 4

19. Call Me Chihiro

20. Are You There God? it's Me Margaret

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ringedmortality said:

Is the 25 mandatory?

The only movie I'm really waiting on watching is Zone of Interest. I guess All of Us Strangers and American Fiction as well, but I don't see either of those making my top 10.

The one year I did this, I did 10.  If I'm gonna do it again this year, it's again gonna be 10 b/c I don't think I've seen any more movies (in theaters or at home) that deserve to make a year end list...

1. Killers of the Flower Moon

2. Godzilla Minus One

3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

4. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

5. The Killer

6. Asteroid City

7. The Boy and the Heron

8. Thanksgiving

9. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

10. Oppenheimer

11. Evil Dead Rise

12. John Wick: Chapter 4

13. Talk to Me

14. They Cloned Tyrone

15. Barbie

16. Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

17. Poor Things

18. Metalocalypse: Army of the Doomstar

19. The Venture Bros.: Radiant is the Blood of the Baboon Heart

20. Cobweb

21. Infinity Pool

22. Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget

23. Knock at the Cabin

24. V/H/S/85

25. When Evil Lurks

My list thus far. There's some high brow stuff I haven't seen yet that I want to. Anatomy of a Fall, Zone of Interest, The Holdovers, Dream Scenario mainly, got some less prestige-y stuff as well to get to.

Edited by MOVIEGUY
  • Like 3

1. Killers of the Flower Moon

2. Barbie

3. Oppenheimer

4. Poor Things

5. Maestro

6. The Boy and the Heron

7. Saltburn

8. Elemental

9. Air

10. Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes

11. The Iron Claw

12. The Creator

13. Talk to Me

14. Across the Spider-verse

15. Priscilla

16. Dungeons & Dragons

17. The Killer

18. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol III

19. Napoleon

20. Gran Turismo

21. Ferrari

23. Thanksgiving

23. TMNT

24. Evil Dead Rise

25. MI: Dead Reckoning

• Like 2

1. Don't Expect Too Much From The End of The World

2. Fallen Leaves

3. Close Your Eyes

4. The Goldman Case

5. Anatomy of a Fall

6. May December

7. Perfect Days

8. Kidnapped

9. Monster

10. The Rapture

11. A Brighter Tomorrow

12. RMN

13. The Boy and the Heron

14. Asteroid City

15. Beau is Afraid

16. Grand Paris

17. Mars Express

18. Return to Seoul

19. Rebound

20. Just The Two of Us

21. The Animal Kingdom

22. Yannick

23. Red Island

24. The Last Queen

25. The Book of Solutions

Still need to catch a few films (About dry grasses, Four daughters, All of us strangers, Poor Things and Zone of interest mainy). 

Edited by Parasite
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Parasite said:

1. Don't Expect Too Much From The End of The World

2. Fallen Leaves

3. Close Your Eyes

4. The Goldman Case

5. Anatomy of a Fall

6. May December

7. Perfect Days

8. Kidnapped

9. Monster

10. The Rapture

11. A Brighter Tomorrow

12. RMN

13. The Boy and the Heron

14. Asteroid City

15. Beau is Afraid

16. Grand Paris

17. Mars Express

18. Return to Seoul

19. Rebound

20. Just The Two of Us

21. The Animal Kingdom

22. Yannick

23. Red Island

24. The Last Queen

25. The Book of Solutions

Still need to catch a few films (About dry grasses, Four daughters, All of us strangers, Poor Things and Zone of interest mainy). 

thats a very creative list (I mean that as a compliment) 

I only just learned of the existence of your #1 a few days ago 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Thanks 1

Working list:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3
  2. Saltburn
  3. Killers of the Flower Moon
  4. Nimona 
  5. Oppenheimer
  6. Society of the Snow
  7. The Hunger Games: A Ballard of Songbirds and Snakes
  8. Of an Age